CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Registered

Default RICKERT & VESELY "Greenscapes" - SOBRA REC.

RICKERT & VESELY "Greenscapes"

Eclectic album from San Francisco's duo Rickert & Vesely.

SOBRA Recordings is proud to introduce Rickert & Vesely and their eclectic album.
A mixture of funky, jazz, bossa nova, breaks and latina.
The talented duo from San Francisco has put together a 7 traxx album for bar & lounges. Instructions for use : play and play and play and….

Greenscapes, the Rickert-Vesely electro-lounge collection and hymn to life on planet Earth, is a creative effort with a focus out past the edge of man’s proverbial camp firelight, weaving musical threads pulled from sounds inspired by the physical world. The result is their first release, a refreshing, grooving mélange of Jazz, Downtempo, and subtle Dub elements that channel the harmonious energy of the treetop canopy of a rain forest at dawn or the effortless float of a hawk in full flight.
Energized by the explosive growth of the Green Movement, R & V began sketching their musical ideas to add fuel to the cause. Rickert explains, this creative effort is a direct inspiration of the green movement and our desire to help with greening the planet. And as a way of giving back, 10% of all revenue generated from this studio project go directly to environmental organizations for green initiatives.
Lukas Vesely's highlighted gigs include the 2003 Montreux Jazz Festival, the Hollywood Bowl in 1998 with world famous classical clarinetist Richard Stoltzman[RCA Victor], the CBS Early Show and two appearences on the Conan O'Brien Show with brother John Vesely/Secondhand Serenade, whose new record A Twist In My Story appeared at number 7 on Itunes. Also included are the luscious, scat vocals of Jeannine Bonstelle who's shared the stage with Brazilian virtouso Marcos Silva and also happens to be one of the former co-founders of Odwalla.

1) SHIZOUKA MOOD
Written and composed by Lukas Vesely/Jonathan Rickert, performed by Lukas Vesely, Jeannine Bonstelle, Dan Magay, Jonathan Rickert
2) JOON
Written and composed by Lukas Vesely/Jonathan Rickert, performed by Written and composed by Lukas Vesely/Jonathan Rickert
3) AMOR BOSSA NOVA
Written and composed by Lukas Vesely/Jonathan Rickert, performed by Joseh Garcia, Lukas Vesely, Jonathan Rickert
4) THE EXPANDING LIFE
Written and composed by Lukas Vesely/Jonathan Rickert, performed by Jonathan Bautista, Lukas Vesely, Jonathan Rickert
5) VISION BOARD
Written and composed by Lukas Vesely/Jonathan Rickert, performed by Jeannine Bonstelle, Lukas Vesely, Jonathan Rickert
6) GADO GADO
Written and composed by Lukas Vesely/Jonathan Rickert, performed by Lukas Vesely, Jonathan Rickert, Jeannine Bonstelle
7) SHIZOUKA MOOD (Straub remix)
Written and composed by Lukas Vesely/Jonathan Rickert, performed by Lukas Vesely, Jonathan Rickert. Additional remix & production Tyler Straub.

©&(p) Abundant Earth Music
SOBRA RECORDINGS/2008
Mastered@SOBRA RECORDINGS Studio (Italy)
Publishing : Gotta Keep Faith Records/Ascap

Distribution & Licensing:
Gotta Keep Faith Distribution
Info: sobra@gkfrecords.eu
Graphics : SANCHEZLIFE (www.sanchezlife.com)

FEEDBACKS:
KEN CHRISTENSEN (ECB) – “One of my favorites this year. Finally some real music! Very Very dope, please send loads more! This cool music, reminds me of bugz "feel the cat", very much in the same vein, low slung square basslines in mono with nice rhythms and vox to fill in the rest of the spectrum. I am not sure what the african chanting has to do with feeding cats, but in this world, the best things are left unexplained.”

ANDY COMPTON (The Rurals) – “Wow! lushlushlush feeling it...thanks!”

RAPHAEL MORAES (Nomumbah) – “Thanks for the music, always good to receive original songs...”

SOSUE (Raw Artistic Soul – SoulKompex) – “Hi, Very lovely! Nice jazzy production! Loving it! Thanks for that beautiful package! Best wishes.”

ANDY WARD – “Just previewed the album, and I have to say, I am usually too busy listening to straight up house to get around to stuff like this.. but this whole package is outstanding... will be the soundtrack to my summer!”

WIL MILTON - “I really Love the Amor Bossa Nova Mix,and can;t wait to play it at Gravity(NYC). Very Fluid. Sincerely”

RAY FENWICK (Converge UK) – “Cool tracks!!! Perfect for the early hours after the club. My favourite is Joon.”

ZWEIKLANG – “A smooth jazzy collection of songs, perfect for sunny sundays, relaxing in the sun.”

MICHEL (Station Millennium Radio) – “Very Chic music four lounging”

BERND NIEDERGERSAESS (Radio 42 - Hamburg) – “Wonderful release - soulful, a bit jazzy, a bit groovy, rich in diversity – just great! All tracks will be added to our rotation to be on-aired over the next couple of weeks quite often.”

DANILO D’ANDREA (Party Groove Radio) – “Out of time, over all....finest, deepest nut more sunshine! Thanks.

2LANI (SoulCandi) – “Love the Shizouka Mood (Straub Remix ). Will play this one on my next show.”

FRANCO MARTINELLI – “Awesome album, soft, deep and jazzy, Lounge essential tracks. I will support it!!”

Listen & Buy :
Old 06-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered

Default Supported by SPIRIT OF HOUSE

Thanks to Mike Fossati!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Registered

Default reviews...

- RICHARD EARNSHAW –“Too much shit coming into my inbox these days!! Takes forever to go through that to get to the good stuff! Really liking the Sobra stuff.... full support from me as always!”

- DJ_KIK (Groove Session Radio Show / Univers DJ) - “I have heard the EP of RICKERT & VESELY. It's a cool lounge Ep!!”

-DEAN SERAFINI (JJazProject Magazine)- “This is a tasty treat with seven tracks to get your head round and ultimately enjoy. Having listened to the music it came as no surprise to read in the notes that this talented duo reside in San Fransisco. It seems that the West Coast in particular has become a breeding ground for artists who are prepared to break the mould. You can expect a fusion of jazz and down tempo vibes that I can wholeheartedly recommend and you are advised to check it out.”

-FRANCO MARTINELLI – “San Francisco duo Rickert & Vesley presents their new album on Sobra Recordings, "Greenscapes" is an intense collection of downtempo lounge freindly tracks, a brilliant misture of funky, jazz, bossa and breaks sounds. From the fresh and uplifting latin tinged tracks to the nocturne and underground jazzy cuts, this album provides some hot and quality music. “

-MICHAEL FOSSATI- “The first gem we would like to draw your attention is the eclectic "Greenscapes" project by San Francisco duo Lukas Vesely and Jonathan Rickert. Their album, a mixture of funky, jazz, bossa nova, breaks and latina, features seven wonderful productions perfect for the beauteous moments of life - I guess you get the idea... Featured guest artist include Jeannine Bonstelle and Joseh Garcia.”