CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Registered

Default PSALM 23: Detroit To NYC - A New Thing

Listen/buy PSALM 23: Detroit To NYC -
A New Thing on TRAXSOURCE

A New Thing on CDBABY

A New Thing on iTUNES

"Behold, I will do A NEW THING; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." - Isaiah 43:19

Hayley Thompson leads the music project, A New Thing, an international collaboration of vocalists and musicians shaping a new movement in gospel house music. Their debut single, Psalm 23: Detroit to NYC, will be released on October 28th on Whasdat Music / Brooklyn Girl Music. The track represents a new take on the style heard in gospel house classics, reminiscent of Kenny Bobien's "I Shall Not Be Moved". Thompson, a Brooklyn, NY native currently living in Detroit, came to love house music while living in New York City. I would check out DJs and producers like Ian Friday at the Brooklyn Tea Party, Danny Krivit at the 718 Sessions, and Emans Bang the Party in Fort Greene. These influences led to the creation of A New Thing and the production of Psalm 23. I wanted to capture the joy of soulful house music and that combination of spiritual energy, dance, and community that makes so many of us love it.
Thompson co-wrote the single with composer Karim Beldjilali (NYC) and co-produced it with Detroit house music legend and mainstay, Pirahnahead, founder of Whasdat Music. The other talented members of A New Thing collaborated across cities and continents. Music industry veteran, Carllie Jaxen (NYC), masterfully provides the lead vocal. The background vocalists are Detroiters and include popular house vocalist Eric King, gospel performance favorite, Teyonee Reed, Jeanne Harris Parks, Keir Coleman Ward, Lee McPherson, and Toni Washington. Musicians include Los Hermanos' Gerald Mitchell on keyboards and organ, France-based phenomenon Slikk Tim Becherand on bass, and local bass player Dave Henderson. Thompson provided additional instrumentals. Definitely a prime-time spinner for the serious aficionados - Press Play!

Music & Lyrics Written By Hayley Thompson & Karim Beldjilali
Produced by Hayley Thompson & Pirahnahead
Lead Vocal: Carllie Jaxen
Keys: Gerald Mitchell & Hayley Thompson
Bass: Slikk Tim Becherand & Dave Henderson
Choir Vocals: Eric King, Kier Coleman Ward, Lee McPherson, Toni Washington, Jeanne Harris Parks, Teyonne Reed
Vocals recorded at: AudioMAGIC, Eastpointe (Detroit), MI.
Recording Engineer: Randy Lynch
Mixed and Mastered by Pirahnahead at Whasdat Music / Soulchestra Inc., West Grand Blvd., Detroit MI 48216
Brooklyn Girl Music (ASCAP)
%uFFFD 2014 Hayley Thompson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Robbi is sponsored by www.Nychouseradio.com
24 hrs of banging dance music in surround sound
CLICK ON RADIO-SCHEDULE