CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:26 PM
jaysHI

Default 8Records Throwdown- Fri. May25- Hoochie Productions Birthday Celebration

Its Back! Join us for a Hoochie Birthday Celebration! Free Cd's, Drink Specials, Birthday Mayem.

Join us in celebrating our birthdays..

Maria, Michon, Jay, Vanessa

DJ's for Night

Alim (Cutmann & Stretcher, Brownsville)

Toronto born, I was raised on soul, funk, and pop, and bollywood indian music, till I was introduced by my cousin, to proper house music mix tapes from New York, where house came from in the late 80s.I lived in Miami through the 90s and got to experience many great DJs and parties, Louie Vega, Tony Humphries, Harry Choo-Choo Romero, Eric Morrillo, Todd Terry, Danny Tenaglia, Dimitri From Paris, Lord G, DJ Red Alert, Kid Capri, and more, then I met DJ Stingray, A.K.A Ray Sabater who was just barely breaking into the Miami scene after moving down from New York. He tought me how to mix, play crowds, and have fun, DJ-ing. In '99 a new friend, Kenyan and I convinced ourselves to throw our own parties, instead of bitching about all the other ones in Orlando. The parties were called "Sessions At Sapphire, and they went well, Thanks to Shanghai Boutique, Lisa owner- Lambs Eat Ivey, and Modelscout, it was a lot of fun, until Kenyan moved on to New York, to pursue a career in the fashion industry.In '06, my brother Adil introduced me to some friends of his, who turned out to be Brownsville. We work really well together and I joined their group. Thanks to my Brother Adil, Brownsville, and Hoochie Productions, house music is becoming a reality in Orlando – I can't wait to see what comes next.

Edson Xavier (Agave Records, Pilot Recordings)

Dj, producer and Pilot Recordings Label Owner, Edson Xavier who also handles all Custodial Services and Retail Coordination for one of the industries favorite, Agave Records. Edson is one of the most well respected dj's in the house community in the U.S. A "True Record Player" and a 12 year veteran of the underground house scene. He has played alongside Skylab 2000, Johnny Fiasco, Joey Youngman, Joshua(IZ), Q burns Abstract Message, Jon Cutler, Dj Heather, Charles Feelgood, John Howard and Demarkus Lewis to name a few. Edson Xavier is known for his sets to be soulful and funky early on but progressing to energy floor filled, jam packed, floor stomping sets that keep building as the days or the night goes on....

Marshall Jones (Brownsville, Soulidified Music, Large Music Rep.)

Just like a lot of people who are inspired by the scene, Marshall engulfed himself with great talent from NC and helped work a hugely successful night in Chapel Hill, NC from 1999 to 2002 that eventually lead to his start as a DJ. Starting out DJing at 19, six years later, Marshall Jones is now involved in the Orlando House scene with his crew Brownsville, one of the newest members of Kysmet and Large Music Rep. for FL. Come out and witness this House Junkie the keeps it "Funky" and "Chunky"

Nacho Vega (Soul Selection Music, Scratch Access)

Jose Garcia a.ka. Nacho Vega is Co-Owner of Soul Selection Records founded in 2006 with House Music Veteran and long time friend Juan Sanchez. DJing professionally for 6 years and 11 years overall, Nacho Vega got his start in the mid 1990's during the heavy Florida Breakbeat Movement alongside good friends and label mates Rob-E, Jason Brown and dj Security. Nacho Vega has held residencies at Club Energy in Melbourne, The Den at Firestone, Sunday Skool at the Shack, The Dragon Room and Foundation Radio 96.9FM. And played alongside some of the biggest names and friends in Breakbeat, House and Hip-Hop at some of the largest venues and outdoor festivals in the Country. At 26 years of age he has shifted his focus and energy to the Sounds of Deep Soulful House and Hip-Hop with the opportunity to play Lounges, Clubs and Private Events on the West Coast and South East for the last 3 years. With 11 Independent Underground Mix CD Releases under his belt. Nacho Vega is best known for his smooth mixes and blends of Deep Soulful House and Underground Sounds.

Riverside (FASTFWD)

Fast FWD is a crew of music lovers that emerged from the Florida Future Jazz Collective. The group came together to build and support a community of open-minded music fans in Orlando and beyond. We promote events, support deejays & artists, and organize soulful gigs that inspire people to be moved by a variety of sounds. Moving our city's music scene forward and putting it on the global map is our plan.

Venue: Crooked Bayou
50 East Central Blvd
Orlando, FL 32801
Phone: (407) 839-5852

Cover: $5. We appreciate your continued support.

Your host for the night: Hoochie Productions.

--------------------
Resume site: http://www.mariadiestro.com

Hoochie Productions
http://www.hoochieproductions.com