CyberJAMZ Forums  
Old 12-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Registered

Default Scott Wozniak Debut Album

Watch Video and Pledge HERE

Help house music producer Scott Wozniak raise funds for his 2014 debut album. Find out how you can be a part of it!

House music producer / keyboardist Scott Wozniak is looking to raise $16,000 for his debut album via Kickstarter. He's played keyboards on records from artists like Pink to Toni Braxton and for other groundbreaking producers like Mantronix to David Morales. As a remixer, he's had huge success with Estelle's "Fall In Love" on Atlantic Records, "Glad I Found You" on Defected, and as a musician he laid down the music for the chart-topping "At Night" by Shakedown. He's also been releasing singles and remixes for labels worldwide since 1996 and still found time to teach music production at DubSpot, the premier electronic music and DJ school in New York City.

He's been around a long time. Why hasn't he released an album before?

In Scott's own words: "I never felt like the circumstances were completely right. Things have fallen into place recently where I could have full creative control by going with an indie label. It also means the budget to do this project the way I see fit is going to need some help. That's when I got the idea to go the Kickstarter route."

$16,000 seems like a fair bit of money. What will it be spent on?

CD and vinyl manufacturing, mixing with several different engineers, mastering, artwork, some expensive equipment rentals like microphones and outboard gear, and finally, money to pay the vocalists and musicians that will be featured on the record. The final product will feature 12 tracks, give or take a couple. This doesn't happen cheaply. Also, Kickstarter and Amazon take a combined 10% for processing fees. Pretty much every dollar has been accounted for.

How long will it take to finish the album?

Scott's given himself a very generous window to get this done the way he wants. Scheduling the (very well-known) vocalists who have very busy careers is a major factor. The album will be be finished no later than September 2014. Possibly earlier. It will be available through iTunes, Beatport and Traxsource as a digital download. The CD and vinyl versions will be exclusive to supporters of this Kickstarter project. Check out the rewards section!

Why should I fund this project?

Well, for starters, Scott's a genuinely nice guy. He also regularly gives away lots of his original edits and remixes. Also, the limited edition (only 200 will be pressed) white vinyl and CD will ONLY BE AVAILABLE RIGHT HERE for supporters of this Kickstarter campaign. They won't be for sale anywhere else. Also, without your help, this album could never happen on the scale that it would through Kickstarter. We're talking quality, folks. Google Scott's name if you're unfamiliar with him.

So where's the music?

Because of Kickstarter rules and copyright reasons, we're not allowed to post music Scott has released on other labels directly here. However, there is no law against gently nudging you towards examples that are already out there. For example, Scott played all the music on the hugely successful "At Night" by Shakedown --> LINK

Here's Fatboy Slim playing it for 250,000 people on the beach at Brighton, UK --> LINK

Scott's remix of DJ Gomi's "Glad I Found You" featuring Yasmeen made the song an international smash hit --> LINK

Here's Scott's remix of Kimbra's "Settle Down" --> LINK

Scott Wozniak's remix of The Police's "Every Breath You Take" --> LINK

Scott's official remix of Estelle's "Fall In Love" --> LINK

Here's Scott's remix for the brand new Robin S single on our label, Sonido Local Recordings --> LINK

Scott's fresh and amazing reinterpretation of "Beat It" by Michael Jackson --> LINK

Scott Wozniak's remix of Jill Scott's "Whatever" was so popular in the UK that it was bootlegged on vinyl on three separate occasions --> LINK

Scott's remix of Duran Duran's "Girls On Film" --> LINK

Scott's remix of Miguel Migs featuring Lisa Shaw, "Those Things" --> LINK

Scott Wozniak's remix of India Arie's "Headed In The Right Direction" --> LINK

Scott's remix of Sade's "I Never Thought I'd See The Day" --> LINK

Scott's remix of Seal's "Violet" --> LINK

... We could go on for a long time. Scott Wozniak has a lot of stellar credits under his belt as a musician, producer and remixer. This is why we want to do this debut artist album with him, giving him complete creative freedom. Unfortunately, being a very small independent label, we simply don't have the resources to make this album happen without funding. That's why we're asking for your help by offering some special treats that we think you'll love. That's about it, guys. You have the info. Let's make this happen!

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to visit this page. Even if you are unable to make a contribution at this time, you can still help by spreading the word. Have a great holiday season!

-Sonido Local Recordings and Scott Wozniak