CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Registered

Default [LRD034]Karol XVII & MB Valence - "Minor Chords Remixes EP"

[LRD034]Karol XVII & MB Valence - "Minor Chords Remixes EP"

Today's Beatport's premieres include the long-awaited "Minor Chords Remixes EP" which closes the final chapter of the series formerly presented by Karol XVII & MB Valence on Loco Records. The release makes a great summary of the atmosphere accompanying the previous editions which can be rendered by means of refreshed versions of three selected tracks prepared by a few top producers: Gorge, Soul Minority and the duo Florian Kruse & Nils Nuernberg.

"Maruda" from the first part of "Minor Chords EP" is the opening track delivered by a splendid artist Gorge aka Pit Waldmann, who expired electronic music in the late 80's. He grew up with the sound of Thorsten Fenslau and Alexander Abraham and began to produce his own music in the middle of the 90's. Taking a trip through all kinds of electronic music, he finally came back to house and techno music influenced by deep Chicago house sound and techhouse. In 2005, he met Nick Curly and started the imprint 8bit Records which grew up to a worldwide respected label with artists like Johnny D, Sis, Afrilounge, Gruber & Nuernberg and many newcomers always trusting in a special sound fitting to the basic sound of the label. His own productions and remixes appear on labels like Destined Records, Suruba, Murmur, Plastic City, Freerange, 8bit, Ministry of Sound and with his radio partner Greg Silver on Yellow Tail Records. Together with Greg Silver he presents the weekly "Plastic City Radio Show" on Sonica Radio Ibiza and We Love House FM.

Soul Minority, who made a remix of "Snatches" from the second part of the series, is an awesome producer and DJ from Barcelona who has released a lot of 12'' under several monikers since the nineties before starting his Soul Minority project in 2008, creating a distinctive deep house sound with tinges of tech and funky house. After several well-received remixes, Soul Minority delivered his first EP on Pack up and Dance, an instant hit on the new deep house scene: "A Soul Thing" was number one in the Beatport charts for 6 consecutive weeks and was acclaimed by Techno and House DJs around the world. His second EP "I Remember House" released in May 2009 followed suit and reached instantly #2 on the Beatport top 100 charts. Since then, Soul Monority has released EP's and Remixes on labels across the world, such as Kolour Recordings (USA), Elevation Recordings (Ireland), Tsuba (UK), Dirt Crew (Ger), Noir Music (Den), Raw Cutz (Spain) Dark Energy (UK), Night Drive Music (Ger), i!Records (USA). In 2010, he also started his own record label, Stratospherik and rocked the dancefloors from Dubai to London. Soul Minority was part of the Beatport's "Artist to watch in 2009 list" and his track "Come Back For More" was nominated as Best Deep House Track in the Beatport Awards 2010.

Finally, we've got "Clap Your Hands" from the third "Minor Chords EP" remixed by the excellent duo Kruse & Nurnberg whose collaboration embraced the deep house scene to the max and in return has been embraced back by the whole deep house community. Since their humble beginnings, as solo producers, but more importantly together as Kruse & Nurnberg, they have gradually climbed closer to the tree-top with their unique brand of mouth-watering underground deep house infused with tech-house. Releases on labels like NRK, Fred Everything’s Lazy Days ("Sliced & Chopped EP"), Noir Music and Kolour Recordings, have all contributed to the duo's success and popularity. Their single "Gone Daft" on Slip N Slide, featuring a dirty filter-disco remix from legendary DJ Sneak was played by everyone from Mark Knight to Luke Solomon and Jimpster, and forthcoming remixes of Mr.V and Dennis Ferrer (both on King Street) are sure to raise standards. Tracks and Remixes over the past year include releases on Milton Jackson's Dark Energy label; Simple; Mood Music; Dieb Audio; Slip N Slide and MN2S sub label 1-trax and of course their own Save Room Recordings, all subject to the same rigorous quality control and high musical standards.

Check out the feedback:

Jimpster [Freerange] - all about the gorge mix on this one. nice track. will play.

Aki Bergen - Soul Minority's remix is my fav! Also the Kruse & Nuernberg mix is groovy as I love

Shur-I-Kan - Great mixes - especially like Gorge's mix

Franck Roger - gorge remix for me will work

Roger Sanchez - downloading,thanks

Scope - thanks. all mixes are great!

Jevne [Onethirty] - A heck of a Star line up here! killer! really dig gorge's mix! but all 3 are a great rep of each artist remixing K&MB! nice release!

Eelke Kleijn - Gorge and Soul Minority remixes are wonderful. In my bag!

Demarkus Lewis - Very dope. Super quality remixes.. Kruse & Nuemberg do their thing on clag ur hands... Solid swing on the Hats and groove. Soul Minority sorts out the Snatches as well... Actually all these mixes are gonna do well on the floor!

Sabb [SK Supreme] - i tottaly love gorge's rmx !!!

Kirby - Awesome remixes, Will play & support !!! Thanks

Greg Fenton [M8 Mag] - love maruda ! great remix !

Kiko Navarro - good choice on remixers! myh fav is the Gorge mix but there is something good on each track to play it out.

Bruno From Ibiza - I'm a big fan of Karol XVII, these remixes are great, specially the Soul Minority. Love it !!

Fred Everything - thx enjoying all 3 remixes!

Ralf Gum - 3 nice deep house remixes, with being the Soul Minorty my fav

Richard Earnshaw - Nice set of mixes!! Will certainly support them in our Spiritchaser sets!

Da Funk - huge release! all remixes re great but gorge is my oick if i had to do one

Terry [5chicago] - for review, thanks guys!

Darin Epsilon - A+ package with some of my favorite deep house remixers all in one package, wow! This one's going to be massive. Supporting all three cuts.

DJ Sydney [Tokyo Red] - Looks like you got another chart buster here...This shit is HOT!!!!! Pure HOUSE MUSIC!!! Feeling this guys...Thank you. Sydney

Jeff Craven - This is so hot I just spilled coffee all over my desk....Thanks a lot! Loco owes me a new computer. Oli destroys Snatches...amazing!

Nils Nuernberg - AWESOME! ;-)

Joan Ribas - excellent ep, kruse and nuermberg is my fav, thanks for the vibes

Dubfire - downloading for dubfire thanks

Mike Haddad - K & N Remix! Gorge Remix! Full support.

Ernesto - Fantastic oack of remixes.... Will play a lot!!!!! Congratulations

Sven Jacobsen - Awesome work again, i love Maruda the most. Will play them all :-)

Graham Sahara - what an amazing package!!!!!!! every mix is fantastic. This will do really well. will be playing these on the radio and in the club

Mirko [Party Groove] - Maruda is the best for me! Max Support

Michael Fossati [S.o.H] - Deep and infectious yet full of luscious melodies... sweet

Satoshi Tomiie - Cool package, supporting all the mixes. Thanks!

Rafal Szewczyk [Fama FM] - Best, Beter, The Best! Solid vibrations as usual. Clap Your Hands & Maruda my favourite.

Big Al [Ready Mix] - Thanks for sending these. Gorge and Krus & Nuernberg remixes are just fire. Always qulity from Loco Records. Will support. Cheers. BiG AL

CJ Mackintosh - Loving Maruda....that is PHAT!...just how I like it

MR Cenzo (MidiDropMusic - All 3 Mixes Are Quality....

DJ Daze - wow! dope remixes from great producers will try them out for sure but ya know I love the originals. thx!

Miguel Garji - PERFECT FOR DEEPFUSION AND LIVE ELEGANT SESIONS. FULL SUPPORT

Lemon Popsicle (Wollion) - all mixes are really strong ! full support.. dzienki!

Agent Matteo - Many of my favourite artists on one ep!!! awesome ep with full support on all tracks!

LondonGround - awesome pack! Kruse & Nuernberg my favorite, but all are incredible!

Syndyk - Good release, Soul Minority remix is my fave!

Krummstoff - Oli's version is my fav, though Gorge has made an amazing re-rub as well. Will defo chart & spin a lot! Thanks!

Dave Storm - I like both Gorge's and Kruse & Nuernberg mixes...will play on my next Cabrio show and might try here in South-Africa too...

Denz QH RADIO - great deeppp!!!

Danilo D'Andrea - clap your hands, thanks Danilo D'Andrea

Satoshi Fumi - Geroge remix for mealso cool other trax.quality!

Fer Ferrari - Nice as always!

DJ Dealer [Look At You] - Smokin' deepness!

Alex [Musikanova] - congrats boyz! nice remixes!

Radio42 - Very nice grooves - will definitly hit the dancefloor! Like Maruda and Clap Your Hands the most. Full Support...

DJ Berny - Gorge Rmx 1st! Super! All pack is super!

Sebastian Oscilla - Wooha.This is what naughty boys like best.All tracks are smashing bombs!Enjoy them all.Thank You.

Igor [Ibiza Sonica] - just great. Full support from my side.

Jose Maria Ramon [IGR] - amazing deep sure play on my Ibiza Global Radio shows!!! full support

Kid Massive - this is one seriously heavy EP... full full support, Clap your hands is awesome

Scibi - Good as always! Maruda is my choice

Evren Ulusoy - excellent set of remixes.love this release.thanks ! Evren Ulusoy (Plastic City,Loco,I Records,Nightdrive,Kolour)

Topspin [Vibra Macz Records] - amazing release from amazing artists. all tracks are great, but our favourite is Florian & Nils Remix thanks, cheers Topspin & Dmit Kitz

Seva K - Cool remixes!

Neevald - really groove ! all stuff is v.good

Data Urbana Argentina - incredible

Kev Obrien - MASSIVE. nothing else to be said.. love all 3, what a huge EP.. Locos biggest yet?

Zeque - WOW this is fucking grreat! i dont know wich one i love more. FULL SUPORT