CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2008, 03:28 AM
Registered

Default Alex Dimitri "freaky Funk E.p." - Promo!!!!!

ALEX DIMITRI "Freaky Funk E.P."

Listen a sample:
Alex South Soul Main Mix (6:57)
Alex South Soul Dub (6:25)
Alex South Soul Live On Stage Mix (4:35)
Alex South Soul Re-Edit (6:57)
Look Out Mix (5:46)

GKF finally releases a project from Alex Dimitri. The guy has done some of the most solid remixes ever made on GKF, and even recently remixed Peven Everett.

GKF finally releases a project from Alex Dimitri. The guy has done some of the most solid remixes ever made on GKF, and even recently remixed Peven Everett. We are glad he brought his Australian friend BOS for our 39th release.

This is some deep-funky s***! The “Main Mix”’ sax and percussions make “Look Out” sound like it comes straight out of the jungle. The “Dub” is a little more hypnotic and will put your clubbers into trance, like some kind of Voodoo ceremony. “Live on Stage” version, a short edit made especially for the radios and nu-jazz amateurs, is the jazziest mixes of all, while, the “Re-edit” could be described as a good balance between all these mixes. Finally, BOS added his own touch to make the “Look Out Mix”, which turns this track into a perfect club tune to complete this “freaky” package. Enjoy…

About Alex Dimitri:
Alessandro Pedone a.k.a. Alex Dimitri South Soul is not only a DJ, but also a very reputed Italian producer and remixer. Local celebrity in Brindisi, his hometown in Italy, it didn’t take him long to get the attention of Rome’s and Milan’s club owners. The DJ doesn’t have to prove anything anymore after his name appeared on flyers next to Terry Hunter, Ron Carroll, and the superstar Tony Humphries. After the success of his recent remixes for Mr Fuzz, Sergio D’Angelo & Peven Everett, he started to produce for himself on several labels with the musician Dieghito & the singer Kika.
Bos is musician/producer/DJ based in Adelaide, Australia. Saxophone is his preferred instrument but Bos can also play flute, keyboard, percussion, guitar... and anything else he can find that has a good sound! His work as a producer brings jazz, soul and house flavors to the dancefloor in his own unique way. Bos has played with and supported many artists including: Chuck Love, Richard Earnshaw, Audiowhores... Early this year Bos was a finalist in the 2007 Fresh Fringe Spin Competition and won the People's Choice Award. Since then, Bos also provides saxophone on tracks for some of house music's finest producers like Marshall Jefferson, Stacy Kidd & Ricardo Rae...... We are glad they have chosen Gotta Keep Faith Records to release this excellent track.

REACTIONS:

- DIMITRI FROM PARIS – “Congratulations on Freaky Funk ! You have a winner here, love the pumping jazzy vibes, works really well on the floor too. Main mix is my favorite mix”

- BORN TO FUNK – “Love the "Look Out" (Look Out Mix)”.

- SEAN McCABE (The Blak Beatniks/Melodious Records) – “The Alex Dimitri track is dope! Love the main mix the most but i think the "Look Out Mix" is the one for the clubs for me. Very nice soulful grooves with funky rhythms to keep the floor moving, and the sax gets the energy levels up! Love it! will def be playing this one lots. “

- ROSS COUCH – “I've had a listen and I really like Alex Dimitri's 'Freaky Funk', it's got an infectious groove. Mix wise it's the 'South Soul Dub' for me. The 'Look Out' mix is nice too. “

- MICHAEL FOSSATI – “After having done various remixes for Gotta Keep Faith, Alessandro Pedone - better known as Alex Dimitri South Soul - together with his Australian friend BOS presents his first release on the label. On "Look out", jazz-funk meets house, resulting in a soulful and deep house track that will take you straight to a jazz club with its magnificent jazz and funk ingredients. The dub is going deeper, giving the track a hypnotic touch, while the 'Live on Stage Mix' is making you feel you're listening to a jam session. Yet another road takes the 'Re-Edit', being a fusion of all mentioned mixes. Lastly BOS provides the 'Look Out Mix' that pumps up things a bit.”

- FRANCO MARTINELLI (Housepage.net) – “Nice and intense funky track, the saxophone is hot and the Look Out Remix really pumps. I will play it.”

- DEAN SERAFINI (JJazProject magazine) – “The final release for 2007 from Gotta Keep Faith finds Alex Dimitri at the helm and on a creative jazz tip. The track is called “Look Out” and comes in five versions, all of which find their mark. The differences in the mixes are quite subtle, but that won’t stop most people from having a favourite, mine is the “Look Out Mix” with it’s firm beats, live bass and seventies funk influences. The other mixes are perhaps a little jazzier, particularly in terms of the tempo. It’s a tough one to stand still to so you can expect some damage on the dance floor.”

Promo exclusive on:

Last edited by GottaKeepFaithRecords; 01-17-2008 at 05:59 AM.