CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk

Old 01-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Bradford James

DJ Name: Seed Allstarz aka Bradford James, Nef Nunez & Family
Url: http://www.seedrecordings.com & http://www.seedallstarz.com
email: info@seedrecordings.com
DJ Genre: Soulful Music (All of the Above)
Bio:
Seed Allstarz is a collaboration of talented individuals from the Seed Recordings Crew based in New York City. Bradford James holding down Boston and partner Nef Nunez in Queens. This duo is about to tell the world there story about the history of dance music the way they interpret it...

In 2006 Bradford James & Nef Nunez has releases coming out on Deepa Grooves, Shelter Recordings, Shack Music (London), Boston Promo as well as there own Seed Recordings Label. They have worked individually and collectively with producers Tyrone "mixologist" Francis, Scott Wozniac, Jesse Outlaw and Quentin Harris.

There cyberjamz show entitled The Saturday Afternoon Jam Session is held every saturday from 12-2pm est rotating from Boston to Queens. You can expect to hear anything from the past the present and the future. Soul Enters Every inDividual and we like to define this acronym everytime we play.

Last edited by Bradford James; 01-03-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Sharp az a Razah ..

Exclamation

Okay people keep them coming. The ones that replied have been added. The Bio page will be complete by tomorrow. Also, if you notice the play button at the lower right hand, it will play your latest mixes if you have any posted on the archive section. When announcing your show and archive on another site, it's recommended that you use your listing link to advertise your archive rather than the archive link.

That archive links will soon be deactivated in their present form and you will not be able to directly link them to another site to prevent the stream ripping. So when you list your latest mixes on another site you can post, for example:

My latest archive mix can be heard here:
http://cyberjamz.com/broadcasters/?id=Sammy%20Rock

(using sammyrock's page as an example).

You can get your link by clicking on your dj name in the listing and copying from the address bar on your browser.

Any questions, please post below and keep those bios coming!

Old 01-04-2006, 10:10 AM
nico moss

Thumbs up

Hey Nestor
i just saw that i send you my info later today
Old 01-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Sharp az a Razah ..

Cool Nico!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico moss
Hey Nestor
i just saw that i send you my info later today
Old 01-04-2006, 11:42 AM
hiroma2

Hiroma2 (Club Hiroma2,4 Freeed Soul)
Show :saturday am10-noon "Saturday Nite Japan session"
URL http://www.clubhiroma2.com
e-mail clubhiroma2@queen.odn.ne.jp

I am performing two regular Parties(Mother and Space Flow) now in japan.
and the organizer of overseas DJ's and others Party is performed.
In the past,Jihad Muhammad,Alix Alvarez,Ruben Toro,,,,etc of Japantour.
I am an activity schedule as a promoter.
My DJ style has the strong influence of Timmy Regisford and Tonny Humphries.
It is Long Mix and New Jersey style.
Since I Play good Sound of Japan, please check by all means.

Mondainai !!

Hiroma2

Last edited by hiroma2; 01-15-2006 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:50 AM
nico moss

DJ Name: Nico Moss
URL : http://www.myspace.com/nicomoss
email: nicomoss@hotmail.com
phone*:
DJ Genre: Deep House, Garage and Afrolatin rythms
Bio:

Like most people I'm surviving in this world, with a smile on my face and love in my heart. I'm all about lovin', Livin' and Givin'....continually learning and forever growing!!

My musical journey (through Soul, Jazz, Funk, R n' B, Afro Cuban, Brazilian rhythms, Ethnic Music, Indie pop, 60s sounds to name a few) direct me into the deep house music in the early 90's .

Today i spin music in various places, but you can listen my music, and catch me spin LIVE EVERY SUNDAY 8-10 am N.Y.C. TIME or EST (EASTERN STANDART TIME) on Cyberjamz radio www.cyberjamz.com

Peace & Love
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me.jpg (4.4 KB, 808 views)

Last edited by nico moss; 11-09-2006 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:39 PM
JMNYC

Default Jon Martin

DJ Name: Jon Martin
URL: JMNYC.com
email: jonm@kingstreetsounds.com
DJ Genre: good music
Bio:
Jon Martin has been a regular face on the New York club scene since the mid-1980's. His personality and musical taste both focus on soul and depth, the search for which led him to many sweaty nights dancing (and often working) at legendary venues like the Choice, Better Days, Red Zone, Zanzibar, Vinyl, Palladium, Tracks, Club USA and Mars - and eventually led to a variety of staff positions in these venues, in addition to the now-defunct Rampage Music and New York powerhouse King Street Sounds. He has sought out opportunities to expose the more soulful side of dance music - including Deep House, Garage Classics, and a wide variety of downtempo, experimental and other melodies from "off the beaten track".

Jon spends his days working as a web designer and creative marketing consultant for independent & underground artists and labels (including Frankie Knuckles, Kerri Chandler, Systems by Shorty, Eric Kupper, King Street Sounds and many others). Having abandoned the commercial "liquor-sales-focused" club and bar business model in search of more inspirational, independent and meaningful musical vehicles, Jon throws several private parties every year, in a continuing campaign to return the focus to the music, the sound, the people, and the energy of an amazing party. He has played venues throughout the US and Western Europe, as well as at Ageha in Tokyo, Japan - alongside such notable DJs as Victor Rosado, Danny Krivit, DJ Spinna, DJ Nori, Marley Marl, Jay-J Hernandez, Dennis Ferrer and countless others. For the latest from Jon, hit his website www.JMNYC.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jmnyc.jpg (13.8 KB, 1087 views)

Last edited by JMNYC; 01-06-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Sharp az a Razah ..

Thumbs up

Thanks guys! keep'em coming! I'll have the latest additions up by later tonight (1/7/2006).

Old 01-09-2006, 03:37 PM
jersey katz

DJ Phil Hooton
Jersey Katz (AKA Phil Hooton - Charles Gatling)

LEEDS UK
RAPTURE TRAX RECORDS
Website under Construction

Email Philhooton@msn.com

“Another Way To Pray”

DeepHouse/Soulful Garage/Gospel-Spiritual

Bio

PHIL ( The Medicine Man ) HOOTON

Let me introduce you to This talented DJ,Producer,Remixer,Song Writer who is from the North of England ,but his Soul is Out of New Jersey,

Phil's musical journey began at the tender age of 4yrs old, he used to sleep with his radio under his ear, tuned into radio Luxembourg, Listening to soul,funk,jazz,anything that comforted his soul, also playing around on keys and drums to become bass drum player in a jazz band,(little did he know thats the kick drum)at 10 and teaching others to play the snare drum, even doing edits of records to a tape player telling stories with cuts from his records which were in the family from brothers and sisters who were 20 yrs older ,a lover of soul music and jazz at a very early age i suppose really he started spinning records as early as 8yrs old inviting everyone round to listen not until later in life did Phil’s talent shine as he was thrown in the deep end one New Years Eve whilst working as a doorman ,he got a phone call from a friend who had just borrowed him some records, and was going to be late getting to the club where he was dj'ing.He asked Phil could he do the first half hour of his set till he arrived ,scratching his head Phil was persuaded to do it to help out,afterall isn’t that what friends are for.

so Phil gets the box of records out of the car and proceeds to the decks ,everyone new Phil as a doorman and were pulling some strange faces as he stepped up behind the decks and began spinning.

Phil says his hand was shaking so much he couldn’t hit the record ,once it did it was history in the making.

Now Phil worked @ Hard Times on the door but that’s the best apprenticeship any DJ could ask for. who would have thought he’d soon be one of there resident dj’s

well after Phil had had a taste of sharing his love for music, and tired of people telling him he’s in the wrong job he took the plunge from his 25k a yr job(a lot of money to an ex coal miner) as area manager with the biggest security company in the country and settled for £150 a night residency as a foundation to get to where his vision of where he could be and that soon changed with 3 0r 4 residencies per wk

in 98 house was well and truly making a big come back ,Phil left everything behind and went to IBIZA and found himself playing at savannahs,El Divino and Cafe Mambo ,whilst putting in the graft in Ibiza the cornerstone of Phil’s career was opening in Leeds a club called Space taking three nights residency at what was one of the countries hottest Underground clubs, playing alongside all the house legends

Even warming up for little Louie Vega at a Hard Times, Stereo event where Phil also was resident

also dropping in to play Soul Heaven for the launch night at Ministry, other guest appearances at garage city and The manor born The Arena ,miss money pennies ,milk in Belfast ,and then across the pond to where its for real.

next up was Phil’s production ,his first venture was in Miami at the WMC of all places where his first track which sampled house nation tore up the party poolside(permission from Farley JMF ofcourse) and he’s never looked back, they even used the track for the break dance competition. also meeting Keith Thompson the house legend was another positive connection that day and they have done various projects together with a current release on Keith’s label Living the dream Phil’s also done a little vocal lick on it too.

Next stop NYC and E-mans night Deep See this was a real test of Phils talent,and yup he was right at home ,with good support from Keith Thompson with PA and the likes of Jon Cutler giving support, and the whole King Street “Possie”, Phil had the place “jumpin’!”

As the production continued, so did the profile, Michelle weeks asking for a couple of tracks for her album.

Another trip to the Big Apple to play at the legendary night Bang The Party in Brooklyn, Phil got the response he was hoping for with comments of you took it back to the garage now that’s hot, already being told by Keith Thompson how Phil reminded Keith of how Larry Levan used to do it in the Paradise Garage,but now getting told in the heart of the regular old crowd(The Neighbourhood) that was something else.

still flying high on the success of King of Kings feat Ron Carroll & Testament(voted by IDJ Magazine best track at the WMC 2004 where Phil dropped it playing for suSU @ the National and a recent remix of Hi Ya Luv for Blaze feat Kenny Bobien(suSU)and featured on the Keep hope alive album(Blaze) also a track coming out on T’s box Terry hunters label titled “The Bigger they come”

look out for the (Jersey Katz- Phil Hooton – Charles Gatling and engineer co producer mark Gamble) and a new label in spring 2006 focusing on Gospel & Spiritual house keeping it real.

also a collaboration with new new kids on the block, Lee Hesler & Preben Hansen.(Soul Survivors Music.com) this is gonna be a new Website for the Soul Boys out there where you know its gonna be for real with Interviews from Blaze,Little Louie Vega, Anane, Mr.V. Terry Hunter, Dennis Ferrer, Kerri chandler, Duron Tarik , Carl Dupree & Mark Mendoza to name but a few.

Number one in the UDM chart now is Phils latest track,Livin the dream feat Phil on vocals too just all about making it reality, after playing several times in NYC its what you do in life that matters (says Phil, Because you can do anything if you believe in your heart ,its what you make of your life and this short journey, there aint no dress rehearsal.

Other collaborations with NJ Legends Christopher McCray, Libby Jones, Joey Washington and Brooklyn’s Michelle weeks are soon to be revealed.Phuturesole Recordings also starting a new label Phuture Rhythm which will be home for there debut release of Revelations – Phil’s latest track which got some huge reactions @ The Southport Weekender

A new internet radio show on www.cyberjamz.com each and every Tuesday with "Another Way to Pray" 7am – 10am.

Phil has recently been involved in his own night The Shelter, a Deep House night put on in an Underground bomb Shelter which made waves across the pond after only 3 parties ,being compared to Zanzibar and Ministry back in the day. this short lived venture could turn the whole soulful scene around as its success has paved the way to New Beginings

Phil’s style is Soulful deep House sounding more like he’s from New Jersey than the UK

Taking it back to the original Zanzibar vibe and the Ministry when it first opened. staying true to the NY underground house vibe. its about keeping that vibe alive.Spreading the Love,and The Word through the music.

Looks like all that time at Hard Times paid off.

Now its Phil’s time…

Peace!

Last edited by jersey katz; 01-09-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Talking

Here is my bio..

Sammy Cock... Loser by choice..lol