Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Default Cyberjamz Dj Profile - DJFM

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=350]Cyberjamz Dj Profile - DJFM [/drupal]

Quote:

"Baby Powder Sessions" Every Sunday from 10am-1pm est.
DJFM/FRED MALDONADO BIO
I was born and raised in NYC en EL Barrio and da boogie down BRONX, started mixing music at 16 yrs, old back in 1978 with my first Panasonic Technic equipment complete with Technic turntables which later became the turntables of choice in the industry. Got my first gig DJing in a small spot by Kennedy Airport Kasbah Club, joined IDRC Record Pool in 1979 and within a short period of time became member of the Feedback Committee in the record pool, reporting weekly to 98.7 kiss fm, WBLS, and 92 KTU what records were hot at the clubs so that radio stations can place those records in regular rotation.
Also was a guest DJ for the 98.7 Kiss FM Summer Clean Up Concerts and the Concert Series for 98.7 Kiss fm and the NYC Board Of Education. Acquired a spot with WBLS from 2am - 4am and at times from 4am - 6am on Fridays and Saturday early mornings. My supervisor there was AL Roberts Promotional Director at WBLS until his departure. I became resident DJ at Wings Night Club in Queens, NY in the Traveler's Hotel. I had a chance to spin there with legendary DJ Tony Humphries who was just starting to get popular then in early 80's with "mastermix sessions" at 98.7 Kiss FM and was a guest DJ at my club Wings. I played at Skate Key in the Bronx and at USA Roller Rink in Fort Hamilton Pkway, Bklyn, NY.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:16 PM
burleigh l

Thumbs up ups!

All the best!!!!!!!