CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Spiritual Blessings

Default GKF RECORDS - New Promo - MELCHYOR A!!

MELCHYOR A "Fonk muzik (Remixes" including remixes by Georg Neufeld, Carl Michael, Alex Dimitri

Listen a CLIP

Remixes, remixes, remixes… After the success of the SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS and MELCHYOR’s remixes, the “Fonk Muzik” track needed a little update. GEORG NEUFELD, our Swiss-now-based-in-Chicago member, prepared an interesting deconstructed mix, using all his talent to make the funky track sound a little more electro-acoustic and hypnotic. ALEX DIMITRI also added his now famous “South Soul” touch in his own version, getting the funky guitars out of the closet for the occasion. Finally, CARL MICHAEL brought us two very different versions: a deep & sophisticated “Favour” remix, and the smooth “Newbian” mix which definitely sounds jazzy & funky. Enjoy!

01. Fonk Muzik (Georgie’s Deconstruction Mix) – 5:56 – Remix and additional productions by GEORG NEUFELD.
02. Fonk Muzik (Alex Dimitri’s Funk-U Mix) – 5:21 – Remix and additional productions by ALEX DIMITRI (South Soul).
03. Fonk Muzik (Fonk Muzic’s With Flavour Mix) – 6:48 – Remix and additional productions by CARL MICHAEL.
04. Fonk Muzik (Newbian Mix) – 6:07 – Remix and additional productions by CARL MICHAEL.

SOME COMMENTS:

ROSS COUCH: "My pick of the bunch is the 'Nubian Mix'. I really like the chords and overall feel of this one."

RICHARD EARNSHAW: "Gonna hammer Georgies Deconstruction mix….great stuff!!"

FRANCO MARTINELLI (Housepage.net): Melchyor A is back on Gotta Keep Faith with the remixes package of one of his hottest track made for the italian label. "Fonk muzik" remixes comes courtesy of Georg Neufeld who provides an hipnotic and irresitible rework, Alex Dimitri who delivers a cool, funky and pumpin' version and Carl Michael who's responsable for two different but equally beautiful soulful influenced remixes. The "Favour mix" is an intense and smooth affair with great keys, hot pads and infectious percussive groove, while the "Newbian mix" is a more classic soulful thing with a fresh jazzy feel.

MICHAEL FOSSATI: Melchyor A's slammin' "Fonk muzik" getting the remix treatment here, coming your way in four brand new mixes. First up is Georg Neufeld who gives the track a deep'n'funky hypnotic vibe, followed by Alex Dimitri who lets loose hot funky guitars on his take. Carl Michael is next, delivering both the deeply rumblin' 'Favour Mix' featuring great keys as well as the deep yet smooth 'Newbian Mix' that is on a jazzy tip

DEAN SERAFINI: Melchyor A delivers a funky guitar driven number complete with a floor shaking bassline and laid back spoken vocals. Both "Georgie's Deconstruction Mix" and Alex Dimitri's Funk-U Mix" make full use of the guitars while the latter lays the drums on thick creating a seventies styled funk bomb. "Fonk Music's With Flavour Mix" is a spacier vibe with extra keyboards and an electronic style bassline while the vocals do their thing. Finally, the "Newbian Mix" makes use of swirling synths, sax, guitars, further keys and a laid back but punchy groove. It's hard to pick out a clear favourite but right now the final mix just shades it for me.

STEVE FRISCO (Aquadeep Records): "Nice track, especially the "Newbian Mix" which is insane !!! I keep playing it over and over again. Good work!"

ROBERT (Housemusic-online.com): "I love this track :Georgie's Deconstruction mix...verygood."

DAVID VAREING: "My favourites are the Melchyor A (Fonk Music & Georgie Mixes) . I’ll play & support ..."

DARREN CAMPBELL: "Loved the last track haven’t stopped playing it"

Promo exclusive on: