CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2010, 02:32 PM

Default Colette & Joshua Heath - "Call On Me" Candy Talk Records

CALL ON ME (CTR001)
Released June 2010 via Traxsource.com (Exclusive for 2 Weeks)
Original music by: Colette & Joshua Heath
Remixes by: Chuck Love, Lawnchair Generals, Giano, Sexual Chocolate
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN/PURCHASE!

Listen to track previews on YouTube:
01 Call On Me (Main Mix) - Click here to listen
02 Call On Me (Chuck Love Network Rework) - Click here to listen
03 Call On Me (LCG Call Me Back Mix) - Click here to listen
04 Call On Me (LCG You Need Dub) - Click here to listen
05 Call On Me (Giano Remix) - Click here to listen
06 Call On Me (Sexual Chocolate Remix) - Click here to listen

Colette Launches Candy Talk Records
Producer Joshua Heath unwraps new label with “Call on Me” feat. Colette, five additional remixes

LOS ANGELES—There’s no sugar coating it--Colette Marino continues driving the future of dance music as she announces the launch of her new label, Candy Talk Records. A project more than 10 years in the making, Candy Talk will feature releases from a rotating cast of some of house music’s most venerable artists. And much like the nature of her live-performance DJ sets, Colette’s new label dials up a dynamic sound that defies the conventionalities of house music.

Ushering in the label’s arrival is producer Joshua Heath’s six-track EP “Call on Me,“ which features the production and remix talent of Chuck Love (Minneapolis, MN), Lawnchair Generals (Seattle, WA), Giano, (Selma, CA) and Sexual Chocolate (Chicago, IL). Steeped in beats of funk and jazz, “Call on Me” doubles with organic and electro grooves that she says embody the essence of the Candy Talk sound.

“As a DJ, I’m always on the lookout for music that inspires me--be it house, tech or electro,” the artist says. “I’d like my label to reflect the eclectic nature of my DJ sets, making its way everywhere from dark & dirty clubs to big ol’ shiny raves.”

Launching a label like Candy Talk has been on Colette’s radar since the release of her seminal DJ mix “Our Day” on Nettwerk Records in 2001. Since then, the classically trained singer/DJ/producer has gone on to win two U.S. Dancestar awards, performed as part of several international tours and released two full-length albums on San Francisco’s Om Records. Her Billboard charting singles “What Will She Do for Love” (2005), “IF” (2008) and Beatport #1 singles “Stay” (2009) and “Make Me Feel” (2009) have established her as one of dance music’s most dynamic stars.

Candy Talk, she says, will be no different. In addition to dishing out a limited number of digital releases per year, the label will pop audiences with a special edition vinyl pressing each December. Plans are already in the works for a nationwide, summer tour promoting the label and its first release, “Call on Me”--which includes everything from the grooving basslines of LCG’s “You Need Dub” mix to the squelchy, funk groove of the “Chuck Love Network Remix.”

Expect more fun sounds to come!

“Candy Talk is already dishing out an array of musical flavors--you’re gonna want to eat ‘em up!”

“Call on Me” (CTR001) is now available for download on Beatport, Traxsource, Stompy and iTunes. For more information on Candy Talk Records and upcoming tour dates, visit www.myspace.com/candytalkrecords.

COLETTE - TRAXSOURCE - TOP TEN (06/01/10)
01 The House Inspectors / Someway / Frankie J's Bad Bwoy Bump / Flapjack Records
02 Phil Weeks / We The Brand / Robsoul
03 Joshua Heath with Colette / Call on Me / Chuck Love Network Rework / Candy Talk
04 Jam Funk / Makes You Wanna Dance / Mighty Perverts
05 Cassius / 99 / Tim Green Rmx / Cassius Records
06 Jef K & Chris Carrier / Chaka / Silver Network
07 Armando / Ecstasy / Trax Records
08 Soydan / Winners / Shak Street
09 Derek Dunbar / Feels Right / Original / Blackcherry
10 DJ Sneak / Love 2010 Remixes / Love Mendo Remix / DJ Sneak Classics