CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk

Old 03-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Registered

Default ASHA EDMUND "Carry me Over" - Promo!

Wonderful voice, great single and superb remix by Nassau. Not to loose!!!

Asha Edmund is the award-winning soul singer from Singapore who has garnered rave reviews and accolades for her rousing performances and rich, powerhouse vocals.
Her masterful delivery, coupled with a graceful ability to hit impossible notes with fluid ease and dulcet tones, has defied age, gender and racial boundaries to charm audiences throughout the nation. Scores of soccer fans remember her for her compelling a cappella rendition of Liverpool Football Club's anthem, You'll Never Walk Alone, to a 55,000 strong crowd at the National Stadium, while theatre mavens will recall her stunning solo in the musical, RENT, that stirred the audience to their feet.
But it was her vocal performance at Singapore's National Day that truly brought the little lady with the gigantic voice to the attention of the entire nation. With a Radio Music Award (DJ's CHOICE – 'Best Local Act'), Compass Award ('Top Local Pop Song' for her song, 'Dorian Bay'), recording contract with CreAsian Records and multiple radio hits under her belt, Asha was recognised as one of Singapore's Top Ten Talents in the Arts Magazine. Her alma mater, Lasalle-SIA College of the Arts, has also honored her with a place on their list of 'Contemporary Heroes'.
A vocal chameleon who segues effortlessly from genre to genre, Asha rejects the idea of caging herself in a box. Her latest musical offerings have been described as 'electronic soul' or even 'dance music served chilled', but she is no stranger to pop, jazz, broadway, show tunes and the standards. Currently on Asha's plate is a salad of industrious activity as she hits the studio to work on remixing more recent songs.
One of them, Carry Me Over is the welcome of Asha in our wonderful family.

“Carry Me Over” is a 4 tracks single release.
The “Original Mix” shows the brilliant idea of this project and the sun literally goes out from the track.
Really important and for the first time on GKF the “Nassau Remix” spread some positive soulful vibrations. Nassau are Thomas Deschamps & Didier Limonet who discovered House music in 1998 with the mythic club venue “l'An-fer” in Dijon. Their first release called “ Deep in Blue” on the French label “Project recordings was hailed by the biggest names in the industry (Joe Claussel, Laurent Garnier, Derrick May), they then got to work on a second release in 2004 Sol Y Mas which was supported by Brian Tappert, Little Louie Vega, Dimitri from Paris, Bob Sinclar, Jazzanova etc. The single finally got released in the USA on Soulfuric and appeared on Defected's compilation Soulfuric in the House. In 2005, the guy's released “Talibé on Bob Sinclar's Yellow Productions.
Follow up the “House Device Remix”, the talented Italian trio authors of some exclusive remixes on GKF.
Close the project a remix by Georg Neufeld the great producer from Switzerland that has produced and remixed for Soulfuric Traxx, Monster Bang Music, Stalwart, Broque and of course GKF.
Need you any more????

Listen:
1) Original Mix
2) Nassau Remix
3) House Device Remix
4) Georg Neufeld Remix

This single is managed by CoolRogRox a.k.a. The L.I.M. Project. (http://www.digitalvinylrecordings.com)

Vocals, Music & Lyrics by Asha Edmund
Produced by Jason Tan & Asha Edmund
Arranged by RY & Jason Tan
Mastered in Eastwardaudio
Saxophone by Kaye

*Additional Remix & Productions by Nassau (Thomas Deschamps & Didier Limonet) for Ghetto Freaks Productions. Totally worket@HomeLab Studio (France). Mastering by Erik Schäffer (Berlin).
Contacts : Nassau@neuf.fr

** Additional Remix & Productions by House Device. Keys & programming : Mark Dee (Italy)

*** Additional Remix & Productions by Georg Neufeld@Handhouse Studio (Switzerland).
Asha Edmund appears courtesy of DigitalVinylRecordings.com

Publishing: ChinAmeriPino Publishing (ASCAP)/Asha Edmund (COMPASS)

For Licensing or any other inquiries, please contact our Office: office@gkfrecords.it
licensing@gkfrecords.it
Graphic Cover Art Design by : Sanchezlife www. Sanchezlife.com

© & (P) Gotta Keep Faith Records/ASCAP 2009

--------------

Feedbacks and Support:

-Dj Oji- “This is a great tune. Remixes are good and I like the original.Peace.”
-Danny Clark- “Carry Me Over - the Nassau mix is very nice - thanks.”
-DJ Rork- “I play the Original version and the Georg Neufeld Dub.
Nice atmosphere. PEACE.”
-Richard Earnshaw-“All the mixes are very playable... full support from me for sure!"
-Dave Redsoul- “Great track! Original mix and George dub for me! Playing & Supporting!”
-Andy Ward-“Beautiful record, really nice stuff.. Original mix and Nassau mixes are both quality. Support from Central Avenue. “
-Dj Pope-“Played it on my radio show went over really well Hottt record.”
-Franco Martinelli- “Gotta Keep Faith is back with another pure quality soulful release. Asha Edmunds "Carry me over" is a soulful gem enriched by jazzy elements, warm latin percussions, infectious Rhodes keys and a sublime vocal performance. The "Nassau remix" is a perfect soulful rework with more pumpin' beats, driven groove, funky bassline and atmospheric strings. House Device provides another beautiful remix, they goes a bit deeper, adding guitar licks, jazzy Rhoeds keys and soft pads that creates an infectious night vibe and finally Georg Neufield delivers a very deep and underground dub with hypnotic vocal hooks and soft electronic elements.”
-Wil Milton- “What can I say, This Track Carry's Me. I love the vocals and production. I will be playing this project for a min.”
-Vincent "Deeper" Loria (Paris One Deeper Radio)- “Very good track, I like the originale version.”
-Jason Pepperell- “I couldn’t play the original but the mixes are good laidback house music. Perfect for my DeepSoul Maison brand. Good for bargrooves too.”
-Marc Rodgers-“Great work! House Device Remix is fantastic.”
-Ian Bang-“Original Mix is very nice, summery bliss, voice is not out of the ordinary, but in the flow of the track it works! Nassau Remix and Neufeld Dub is a bit boring for me, but should i stray from the original, i love the blissful synth of the House device remix. Original will be aired in my weekly radio show and added to daytime rotation on DV.FM :-)”
-Dj Bee (BeeLiveRadio)-“Really good this new work, is romantic and sexi.. full support in my radio show. direct to my new chart dj. ”
-Greg Fenton- “Hi, nice track Im reviewing it for M8.”
-Danilo D'Andrea (Party Groove Radio)- “House Device Remixis perfect 4 me! Thanks a lot.”
-Dj Leon El Ray- “Smoothie,Black and sweet like chocolate!I love to bit it- the original!!!!! whole night!!!”
-Dj Kik (France)- “Heavy Project. Full Support.”
-Michael Fossati- “The original concept of "Carry me over" by Asha Edmund is a laidback latinesque affair featuring a gorgeous jazzy instrumentation alongside sensitive vocals by Asha Edmund. Nassau (Thomas Deschamps & Didier Limonet) get groovy and funky on their uplifting remix, while House Device serve a deeply thumpin' take with a funky twist featuring warm synth chords and jazzy keys. Lastly there is Georg Neufeld's deeply rumblin' tech flavored dub.”
-Steve Frisco- “Very nice ep. The voice of Asha Edmund is really charming. Favorite mix "(Georg Neufeld Dub)"very deep and hypnotic i love it.”
-Bernd Niedergesaess (Radio 42)-“Very nice and groovy. Added to our heavy-rotation list!Seams that you continue your great work of 2008 also in 2009. Keep on keep it on ;-)”
-Dean Serafini (JjazProject Magazine)-“Gotta Keep Faith unleash another excellent production. “Carry Me Over” comes in three beautiful soulful mixes and a deep dub. The remixes come from Nassau and House Device with Georg Neufeld providing the dub. All four versions are on point and with Asha’s sublime vocals the results will sit well with the soulful heads. Lovely !”
-Lars Berenroth-“Loving the House Device Rmx and the Georg Neufeld Dub ! Beautiful soulful deep house.”