CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Registered

Default 100% pure house!! | “god bless the child” dj reactions & reviews | download now!!!

Groove Junkies pres. Chellena Black "GOD BLESS THE CHILD" (MoreHouse Records)
W/ Mixes from Groove Junkies & Terry Hunter

TIME TO GET ON BOARD!! LISTEN & DOWNLOAD HERE - http://tinyurl.com/7z7eenf

REACTIONS:
Danny Krivit - Nice one!
Richard Earnshaw - Get those hands up in the air!
DJ Spen – Right up my street!
DJ Meme - Soulful in its best form and shape!
Groove Assassin - Quality vibes from Groove Junkies!! HEAVY !
Jask - Ready to go to church now!!! Feel good tune 10/10
DJ Yass - Great song!! The Terry Hunter mix is kicking! Perfect package for my radioshows
Marques Wyatt - Solid track. Really diggin the vocals! GJs Bless The Vox Mix…my fav.
Bobby Zoo - MoreHouse delivers another quality soulful jam, loving all the mixes. Full support!
Luis Radio - really hot...full support!
Robert Owens – Love it!
Master Kev - Absolutely loving this! Great production, vocals and remix by big bro Terry Hunter.
DJ Dealer - Very interesting update...classic, timeless house so it is a definite keeper.
Craig Stewart - Oh yeah flood my soul with blimey sausages…superb, impossible to pick a best mix.
Shane D - All about Groove Junkies Elevation Vox!
Morten Trust - Gospel house is back! TH BANG…my fav.
Dave Doyle - OOOOOH LOVE IT!!!!!
Craig Bartlett - fantastic release love it!
Juan Sunshine - fantastic gospel song, love it!
Russell Politt - LOVE IT! Brilliant package!!
Sarah Foote - A Fantastic cover and welcome to Chellena, what a great voice!
Antony Angell (Defected.com) - love this track…will be massively supporting.
Tim Davies - Amazing funk and groove, I'm all over this!
Mike Fossati – (Spirit of House.com) - What a stunning interpretation of this timeless classic.
Terry Thompson - Let's go to church. Loving this soulful joint. Putting it on heavy rotation. Classic.
Tony Wilson - Def. a banger on the spiritual side of house. In my case for sure.
Tony Powell - Church is now in session!! Praise Chellena & GJ. (Bless the Vox & the Elevation Vox-Amen)
Dean Serafini (Jjazproject) - All three mixes make a positive impression right from the off. The vocals are perfectly suited to the music. There's a real mid 90's feel that's right up my street.
Alessio Furia (MagmaFM) – This release is full of soul! Full support.
DJ Nemo - Amazing version of one of my favorite song ... Chellena sings her heart off and we love it ! ! ! Full support, absolutely.
Chewy Vega – Love The vocals!
Danny De Sousa - An uplifting groove sure to have feet stomping and hands clapping on any dance floor.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

REVIEWS:
By Manutek (Mix Collectors - BEST RELEASE OF THE MONTH: FEB 2012)

This ambitious cover of Billie Holiday’s 40 year old standard fully reconciles myself with the Groove Junkies, represented only by Evan Landes since 2009. This piece my friends ... this piece ... wooaaah ...

Evan treats us to a first ride on his soulful “Bless The Vox Mix,” which is abundant with rich vocal parts and musical instrumentation. The background choir arrangements are also superb. The organ parts and keyboards from Corey Allen are also great as you will see on GJ's “Bless The Instrumental,” a feast of soulful music for over 8 minutes.

Relieved of the songs verses, the piece turns into a full blown gospel affair with a frenzied pace in the Groove Junkies “Elevation Vox.” My favorite!

Terry Hunter also gives a strong presence on piano and Hammond organ on his BANG Sunday Club Mix, with a good balance between all components of the mix. A work of craftsmanship! Although the bpm is identical to the GJ mixes, this version seems a bit slower because it’s less "loaded" than the “Bless The Vox” Vocal. Terry’s Instrumental is also perfect. God Bless The Child is undoubtedly one of the best releases of 2012!
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

By Mike Fossati (Spiritofhouse.com - SPOTLIGHT RELEASE - FEB. 2012)
What a stunning interpretation of this timeless classic by American jazz singer and songwriter Billie Holiday we have here... Groove Junkies and Chellena Black pay homage to Billie Holiday with their respectful gospel house inspired rendition which includes additional original lyrics and background vocals making this cover something truly special and unique. Both Groove Junkies and Terry Hunter grace us with their spellbinding interpretations putting Chellena Black's uplifting vocals to full effect, each of them adding their one-of-a-kind touch to the song. Then there is the 'Groove Junkies Elevation Mix' taking you straight to sanctuary - heavenly gospel house by no means to be missed... Watch out for part two featuring remixes by DJ Spen.

By Alessio Furia (MagmaFM)
The new release on MoreHouse Records is an explosion of soul that will make you scream on the dancefloor. Slamming gospel choir accompanied by main vocalist Chellena Black. There are two classic remixes; one with a jumpy groove by Groove Junkies and one by Terry Hunter that satisfies a more underground taste and includes a Preacher in the intro that calls for people to listen to his Sunday message. Let's go for it!

General Inquiries
MoreHouse Records Inc
Los Angeles, CA USA
info@morehouserecords.com
http://www.morehouserecords.com/

Licensing Contact:
Carrie Hustler Miller
Music Management
carrie@m-music-m.com
+44(0)7789 273 432