CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered

Default Thomas De Lorenzo - Remember My Name (Gooseneck Records)

Artist: Thomas De Lorenzo
Release Title: Remember My Name
Remixed By: Marcelo Vak, Alex Deep
Label: Gooseneck Records
Available Now From Beatport

To listen to previews of tracks from Remember My Name by Thomas De Lorenzo click HERE

Gooseneck Records, a sub-label of Proton Radio that aims to bring hidden and undetected tracks to the surface, presents "Remember My Name" from Italian DJ/producer Thomas De Lorenzo. After a ten year career spinning records, Thomas had his smashing production debut with "Cadillac Car" on Purple Music, reaching the top ten on Traxsource and still a favorite in many DJ bags. With subsequent releases on Defected and Reelgroove and a management deal with Key Note Multimedia (alongside the likes of Tony Humphries, Kerri Chandler, and DJ Spen) Thomas' career continues to rise. "Remember My Name" confirms this trajectory, treating dancefloors to a big tune paying homage to classic Chicago and Detroit house sounds while adding a modern twist. A nostalgic M1 organ bass, a big piano riff, and a soulful vocal sample help make this an undeniably club ready track. Tough rhythms and floor-filling builds and breakdowns seal the deal.

Two top notch remixes round out the single. The first re-work comes courtesy of Chilean DJ Marcelo Vak, perhaps best known as the host of the syndicated radio show Vak To The Beat and his single "Man On The Moon." His remix of "Remember My Name" hypnotically loops the piano chords and select vocal hits over a skippy house rhythm and a Latin-tinged bass line. Prime stuff. Next up is Alex Deep, coming strong off his recent "Paradise" single for Gooseneck Records. Alex takes a deeper approach to the track, teasing with snippets of the vocal and a steady repetition of the M1 organ bass. At midpoint a long breakdown ensues, with the piano chords fading in for an explosive musical climax as the beats reemerge. A perfect track for special after-hours sets.

Abicah Soul - "Funky! This single is done correct."
Dario D'Attis (Purple Music) - "An amazing release . . . Marcelo Vak Remix sounds great but all mixes are hot."
Al Bradley (3AM Recordings) - "The original here reminds me of tracks I used to hear at The Hacienda in Manchester in the early 90s and it's very cool! Marcelo's remix is great, nice steady deep tech for the floors, while Alex's rework also is a treat - a top release all round."
Michael Fossati (Spirit Of House webzine) - "The original is a peak time anthem guaranteed to jam-pack floors."
Dino Michael (Good Hope FM) - "The Alex Deep Rework is rocking! Killer track .. gonna rip this one on my show and in the clubs."
DJ Nelson (Power FM, Ireland) - "Fantastic! I like the old school sound in the original and the remixes are very strong. This is a solid release."
DJ Peter K (24/7 Dance Radio) - "A toss up between the Marcelo Vak or Alex Deep remixes. Both have a great uplifting vibe."
DJ Nutritious (Gratitude Radio Show) - "Love it. One of my favorite releases this year - really diggin' the remix work, too."

Also supported by Roger Sanchez, Gene Hunt, Jay West, Tommy Largo, Hippie Torrales, Will SumSuch, DJN Project, and Pete Moss

Gooseneck Records Online: www.gooseneckrecords.com
To visit Gooseneck Records on Facebook click HERE

Thomas De Lorenzo online: www.thomasdelorenzo.net
To visit Thomas De Lorenzo on Facebook click HERE