CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2006, 06:56 PM
MTG

Default Mix The Groove - Darren Campbell - Intro

Hi everyone, just thought i best introduce myself. Darren Campbell, DJ/Producer/Studio Engineer based in the UK. I've been a DJ now for some 13 years, producing for around 5 years. Im also the editor of Mix The Groove. Mix The Groove is an online house music resource set up originally in 2004.

For those that dont know, i play deep soulful house music...... that's my heart n' soul.. influences and inspiration buried deep in me through the likes of Garage City, London (back in the day).

DJ's that have left a lasting impression on me over the years include greats like Frankie Knuckles, Tony Humpries, Terri Hunter, Grant Nelson..... too many to mention... If i were to pick one, it would be Kerri 'Kaos' Chandler... the man has inspired me since 1994.

Although it's not widely publicised, i also play under the alias of Groove Foundation DJ's.... 4 decks and FX, playing a more upfront 'main room' funky US House sound.......

On production tip, my main influences are not individuals, rather styles - including (in their true 'original' meanings) Rhythm and Blues, Ballads, Classical, Garage, Deep House...

Some of you will have heard my work last year.....My last studio work was before Christmas where i worked with Masterbuilder's on an original track called 'Romance is Dead', which is forthcoming on their new album droppin' 2006...

You can check my DJ mixes out in the Mix The Groove DJ Mix Series as well as on Cyberjamz Radio.

Im really feelin' what you guys (and girls ) are about over here at Cyberjamz..... i like the vibe you got goin' on, so expect to see a lil' more of me.

Nice meeting you all...... :wink:

Darren Campbell.

www.mixthegroove.co.uk