CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Registered

Cool Sobra Recordings : TROPICALISMO Vol. 1

Various Artists - "TROPICALISMO Vol. 1" [SOB003]

Sobra Recordings is proud to present Tropicalismo Vol 1: a collection of music that straddles an array of genres and styles.
As some of you will know, it was always our intention to push the envelope with the launch of the label and we hope you'll agree that this compilation achieves that comfortably.
If we were to write about all the artists and tracks included, you would be reading all day so for once we've decided to let the music do the talking.

This is a very important release for us so your feedback is even more crucial than usual. Please take a few moments to let us know what you think by emailing us at sobra@gkfrecords.eu
---------
1. Sonic Warriors feat. Vicky Vega - Destiny
Written & Produced by Mike De Luca & Nick Angel. Vocals by Vicky Vega.

2. Steve Paradise Feat. Elisabeth Geel - Indian Love
Written by E. J. Geel.
Produced & arranged by S. Binotto and F. Signorini
Vocals by Elisabeth Geel. Recorded @ Paradise Studio (Italy)

3. Melchyor A - In your Soul
Written & Produced by Andrianirina Jean Yves.

4. Ivana Parnasso - Never Worry
Written, Composed & Produced by Ivana Parnasso.
Arrangements & Vocals: Ivana Parnasso
Edited & Mixed by: Ivana Parnasso

5. iLove - Conviva
Programming, Arranging & Mixing by Jonathan Rickert.
Guitars & filtered synth by Juan Manuel Ledezma Blum.
Bass by Richard Michos.
(c)&(P)Abundant Earth Music.

6. Sonic Warriors - Miles in the Sky
Written & Produced by Mike De Luca & Nick Angel.

7. Spiritual Blessings - Break the groove
Written & Produced by Spiritual Blessings.

8. Krispaglia - The satin love
Produced & Arranged by Krispaglia@DaHouse Family Studio-Lyon (France)

9. Massifsoul - The moonshine
Written, Produced & Mixed by Massifsoul.
Massifsoul are Dominik Cseh & Balazs Kollar.

10.Georg Neufeld - Betthupferl
Written, Produced, Arranged & Mixed by G. Neufeld

11.Georg Neufeld - Picture and sound
Written, Produced, Arranged & Mixed by G. Neufeld

12.Steve Paradise vs Funk Stone Collective - Electro Feelin'
Written By S. Binotto.
Taken from Album "Steve Paradise - Collins Avenue"

13.Deymare - Finnvikian sessions
Written, Composed & Produced by Thomas Bjorkman.

14.Fabrizio Marra - From the Storm to sun
Composed, Mixes & Edited by Fabrizio Marra.

SOBRA RECORDINGS/2009
Mastered@SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS Studio (Italy)
Graphic Design: SANCHEZLIFE©
www.sanchezlife.com

Distribution & Licensing:
Gotta Keep Faith Distribution
Licensing@gkfrecords.it
---------

LISTEN & BUY:
Official release date : 04 September 2009
You can buy your advanced promo copy exclusively on:

---------

Supported by:

- JOHN MATEO – “Hello, INCREDIBLE. I LOVE IT ALL!!!!”

- DR. BOB JONES – “On 1st listen there's some quality music on the CD. Have my full support on this and I will review it for you in MANIFESTO magazine in the issue that hits the streets in Sept. Also charter on my top ten’s. Stay blessed and enjoy the summer.”

- SOSUE (SoulKomplex – Raw Artistic Soul) – “Melchyor A - In your Soul and Georg Neufeld - Betthupferl are my favs. Lovely package! Will support, pls check the radioshow newsletter this evening.”

- MICHAEL FOSSATI – “With "Tropicalismo Vol. 1", Sobra Records presents an eclectic album featuring a gorgeous selection of musical gems that cover many genres and styles including jazz, funk, bossa, broken beat and house from artists such as Steve Paradise, Melchyor A, Spiritual Blessings, Sonic Warriors, Georg Neufeld, Fabrizio Marra or Deymare to just name a few. This is one of those albums that doesn't need much writing as the music does all the talking. Go and get yourself a copy, then grab a drink and chill to these wonderful vibes...”

- RICHARD EARNSHAW – “Some lovely music as always guys.....”

- ZWEIKLANG – “The Tropicalismo Album from Sobra Recordings is a true journey into latin, funk, bossa, breaks and house music. We like the overall feeling. Our favourite tracks are "Melchyor A - In your Soul", "Sonic Warriors - Miles in the Sky" and "Massifsoul - The moonshine". Full support and in our dj bag this summer!”

- DEAN SERAFINI (JjazProject Mag) – “Sobra’s latest is a wonderful album that embraces a wide range of styles.Whether you like it mellow, funky jazzy or chilled, with or without vocals, this album has something for you. If I was to draw any comparison with this release it would most likely be to Acid Jazz and fans of that label will almost certainly enjoy Tropicalismo. There are tracks from some of the established artists from within the GKF family along with contributions from several newcomers. I can’t pick out a single weak link in the package and would heartily advise picking this one up sooner rather than later.”

- SEBASTIAN NORGREN – “Like this compilation a lot. Good music all through. An album that will work well in my bar-gigs and early evening club gigs. 2 tracks I will b workin especially are: Steve Paradise ft Elisabeth Geel 'Indian Love (Summer Paradise Mix)' and Melchyor A 'In Your Soul'”

- GREG DEL PIERO – “Very nice!!!!”

- DJ LENNY WALKER – “OMG PURE FIYAAAAAAAA KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FELLAS,IM REALLY FEELING THIS”

- DJ LEON EL RAY – “This is the Compilation of this Summer. A big Surprise from Sobra/GKF. A Must for all the poolsides dj`s. My Full Support.”

- DJ_KIK (Groove Session Radio Show / Univers DJ) – “Excellent Vol One of this EP Tropicalismo. Thanks for all! Full support.”

- NIALL REDMOND - “Real Nice. Full Support”