CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:02 AM
CharlesT

Lightbulb HaRLeM's HoUSe MuSic :][: Nov 9 :][: Choices 2nd Sunday :][: CLoSinG PaRTy!

Dj Andre Collins’ CD mix of the “Best of Choices 2nd Sunday, 2006-08” to the first 50 people.
Click the flyer for more info!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:49 AM
CharlesT

Dj ANDRE COLLINS @ Choices 2nd Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSRJseQzoCs
Old 11-06-2008, 04:46 PM
CharlesT

Due to the nasty financial climate and economic circumstances beyond our control, the final party for Choices 2nd Sunday will be November 9th.

I’ve long dreamed of creating a dancing space to re-emphasize house music’s underlying spirituality. Every month I looked forward to organizing this unique house music experience for our family of 152 remarkably eclectic—sometimes eccentric—but always loyal members and their guests. And for the past two years, the best place I found has been Harlem’s National Black Theatre. The venue is phenomenal; all its art & artifacts have been hand-crafted by West African artists. Dr. Barbara Teer, the Founder, called her students “liberators” and producing Choices 2nd Sunday every month has been a liberating labor of love. The Ancestors are content; all good things must come to an end.

Our resident and house music legend, Dj Andre Collins, says Choices let him re-educate the younger house head community about earlier traditions: the tea dances with fresh fruits and snacks at Nat Reade’s or in David Mancuso’s living room. “We couldn’t afford much more...” In fact, Choices’ cozy atmosphere reminded me of the 1970’s when, as a Philadelphia teenager, I bopped to MFSB’s “Love is the Message” and LTD’s “Love to the World,” under the trolley tracks at Catacombs, sneaking off to New York City when I had a chance. I first heard Andre spin at Midtown 43! With Choices, we revisited the days of East Coast counterculture, where soulful men and women, straight and gay, drag kings and queens, black and white, both and neither, all together expressed our lives and who we were through dancing.

Celebrate our achievement with us. We invite you to make the closing night a memorable one for all. The damage is $10 all night for everyone… No guest list! Plus, Andre is giving away a special CD mix of the “Best of Choices 2nd Sunday” to the first 50 people—a new classic. So come early and camera ready!

See you on the dance floor...and don't forget the baby powder.

:][: hUgz :][:
Old 11-08-2008, 04:44 PM
CharlesT

Can U Feel It (Mr Fingers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFuujExs03A