CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2009, 05:45 PM
amedia

Default Wally Callerio "Soul Society LP" out now on Dufflebag Recordings

CONNECT WITH DUFFLEBAG RECORDINGS:
EMAIL SIGNUP - MYSPACE - FACEBOOK - TWITTER - SOUNDCLOUD - YOUTUBE

(DBD001) "Soul Society LP" - Released: 12/22/09
Original tracks by: Wally Callerio + Various Artists
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE ENTIRE ALBUM!

Wally Callerio - Soul Society Track-listing:
"Afterhours" (Wally Callerio Never To Late House Mix): view/listen on youtube
"B-bye" (Wally Callerio House Mix): view/listen on youtube
"Hollywood" (Wally Callerio Remix): view/listen on youtube
"Citrus District" (Original Mix): view/listen on youtube
"Fables" (Wally Callerio House Mix): view/listen on youtube
"The Same Thing" (Wally Callerio House Mix): view/listen on youtube
"Axe" (Original Mix): view on youtube
"Sugar My Black Coffee" (Original Mix): view/listen on youtube
"Look At Me And Diamonds" (Original Mix): view/listen on youtube

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE! (exclusive to stompy.com for first thirty days)
**Buy Dufflebag Music on Stompy, Beatport, iTunes, Traxsource and Juno Download

DBD001 Feedback:
"The west coast house legend returns with a full Lp of rocking duffle-icious tracks. Pure, intelligent jackin' grooves fill this album from start to finish. Tracks sound good all over from the club, to car, to kitchen to headphones." - Mark Farina

"DuffleBag has been hiding the goods in there pretty good, Im very excited to finally get a full picture of the Wally Callerio puzzle that he has been putting together for this final masterpiece. this project is by far one of the most innovative sounds of this decade, well done Wally you have "done dit it" this time." - Dj Sneak

“WOW..Wally keeps puttin peeps in their place with quality production like this,what more can i say but an absolute masterpiece of a collection..choice cuts for me include "citrus district" ,"Axe Feat Nadine Loren" and "Josh One-Afterhours feat Myka 9"..pure sickness..these tracks inspire,Wally is pure class!” - Jason Hodges

"Loving the remasters and new stuff! Citrus District and Talking (track10 on my cd) are choice! Full support." – JT Donaldson

Dufflebag is back in a major way! Wally delivers again with his second full length album release that reminds us why we fell in love with love house music in the first place. This is what we have been missing! 10 out of 10 Stars - DJ Mes

Wally does it again a brilliant album!This will definitly stay in rotation on the decks and in the Ipod! - Gene Farris

"Wow, so this is what Wally has been up to at Dufflebag. @%$#!, Talk about worth the wait eh? I'll be playing these tunes for time to come as there are no "2 week wonders" on this album. Thanks Dub-C, been looking forward to this for a while and disappointed I am not! A true spectrum of good music at my fingertips. - Thomas "Natural Rhythm" White

"Beloved by Some of House Music's Favorite and most legendary house djs...Wally Callerio Pushes on into 2010 and Beyond by continuing to output high quality music for the discerning audiophile! This new release shows Wally's versatility as a producer, experimenting with new ideas and sounds but at the same time, keeping his ears and feet firmly focused on creating tunes with dancefloor appeal and sensibility. Thank you so much for sharing, I WILL be playing this release out at my next gig without a doubt" - Non Fiction

WALLY CALLERIO (Los Angeles) Dufflebag Recordings
www.myspace.com/wallycallerio

Wally Callerio & Dufflebag Records Return with Full-length Album Release:
Soul Society features 9 original tracks by Callerio with featured vocalists and artists

LOS ANGELES—Following several years quiet success, Wally Callerio and Dufflebag Records are bringing back deep, vocal house music with a bang on their latest release, Soul Society. Featuring 11 new, original tracks with artists including Amp Fiddler, Parris Bennet, Myka 9, Allensworth, Josh One, Nadine Loren and Lili De La Mora, the full-length album marks the re-launch of one of underground house music’s most critically acclaimed labels.

Soul Society marks the first major album release on Dufflebag Records in more than three years. As label founder and A&R, Callerio’s sound simmers in a sexy spell of layered beats and deep vocals that descend into lush, underground goodness. Pair his textured production work with a range of lyrical grooves and Love Safari Too is a subtly wild ride into a new era for Dufflebag Records.

>From the start, Soul Society kicks on the flirty vocals of Nadine Loren (“Axe,” “Look at Me and Diamonds”), then smolders on the tip of Lili De La Mora’s guazy voice (“Fables”). Josh One crafts drip-drop basslines while Callerio’s arrangements pulse with fluid moves.

Bringing a sweet soulfulness to the mix is Amp Fiddler with his vocal contribution on “Hollywood” while Allensworth brings it back with a classic deepness that bumps with low-slung groove. Myka 9 and Parris Bennet back horn-heavy cuts, rounding out Dufflebag’s return to public prominence on the underground house scene.

Callerio says that his latest release is the first of many as Dufflebag enters a new decade.

“I obviously can’t hold back anymore. I have a ton of good music I want to unleash on people right now—good ole fashion, soulful, funky, dirty house,” Callerio says to the release of Soul Society.

Los Angeles-based Dufflebag Records was founded in 1997 by Wally Callerio and has since released more than 75 tracks on 26 pieces of vinyl. A veteran of the underground house scene for nearly 20 years, Callerio continues to be a prolific producer, releasing 15 original tracks in 2009 alone on labels including Phil Weeks’ Robsoul, DJ Sneak’s Oomph and Magnetic, Chuck Daniels’ Private Parts, 1200 Warriors’ 1200 Traxx and San Francisco’s own Motion Music.

Soul Society will be available for purchase on stompy.com starting December 22. The LP will be available on Beatport & iTunes by the end of January 2010.

WALLY CALLERIO - STOMPY.COM - TOP TEN (12/22/09)
1 Jt Donaldson / Shanga / Oomph
2 Kel Quadrent / Do it how you feel / Evasive
3 Rios / Mr Nice Guy / Big Wheel
4 Terry G / Perfect Conditions / Market House Meats
5 Big Brother / The Ritual / Lost My Dog
6 Miss Mee / Venezuelas Canta / Patsada
7 D-T3ch / When It was good / Spatula City
8 Sonny Fodera / Winter Nights / Spatula City
9 Wally Callerio / Afterhours / Dufflebag
10 / Arco / Bayo / Candy Music

Click the image below to download Wally Callerios new mix:

COMING SOON TO DUFFLEBAG

DBD002:
Release Date: 01/12/10
Artist: Vibezelect
Full Length Album

DBD003:
Release Date: 02/16/10
Artist: Nonfiction
6 Track Ep including
remixers by Wally Callerio and Chuck Daniels

DBD004:
Release Date: 03/16/10
Artist: Dj Sneak
4 Track Ep incuding a
remix by HiJack

TRACK SUBMISISSIONS - SEND US YOUR TUNES! If you would like to submit a demo track for consideration to Dufflebag Recordings please send it to us using our Sound Cloud Drop Box. Please make sure to note that this is a DEMO along with a current EMAIL ADDY in the title line / subject of the upload email and we would be more then happy to check out your tunes. All tracks must be uploaded individually and not as an archive or zip file. Please allow 2-4 weeks for us to respond. Click the link below to send us your tunes!
CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD YOUR TUNE!