CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Default Interview about SammyRock+Cyberjamz Radio

Thank you for the interview.

How did you get your start in the music business?

I started the music business(Mobile Dj business) in 1980-1988.I started by collecting 45s and Lps(Albums) from my parents at the age of 7yrs. old.I now have over 20,000 Records,which I continue to use to make the buisness work.I have spun for over 24 years and entertained party people till this very day.Ive also played music in various NYC clubs and Radio Stations.

How and why did Cyberjamz Radio begin?
Cyberjamz Internet Radio began when "some" people were discussing the possibility of the death of dance music in general.To prove to some that our musical culture was and is still alive was by inventing an outlet for other djs to express themselfs and continue our musical journey and connect the true housemusic people back to thier roots of music.This is when I created Cyberjamz Internet Radio www.cyberjamz.com .I must say its a success.I was one of the first broadcasters doing 15hr sets everyday for 7 days a week.Then as time passed,more and more broadcasters(Djs) became interested in the vision that I had in referance to keeping housemusic traditional.I must add that without the blessings from above the spiritual drive I had,Cyberjamz would have not been where it is today.I want to thank the spiritual world for the guidance.

What do you think of the role of traditional broadcast radio when compared to online and satellite radio?
The role is quite different,in that in traditional radio a select format must be followed vs. online and satellite radio where its more flexable to express yourself and no FCC regulations to follow.No commercials and more freedom of free speech.Less format and more music.This is what I love about online and satellite radio.

How you you recruit people for your programming?

I recruit the broadcasters based on thier demo mix tape session,knowledge of all kinds of music and of course attitude.I would not consider someone for programing based on how popular they are or ego.They must be able to become part of the family and work as One Unit.Keeping the music and program interesting by connecting with the listeners.

Where did you get the name cyberjamz from?

Funny you should ask this.I sat down to think for a minute in front of my computer.It was like a bolt of lighting!! I stood up and said to myself,all these wonderful people in the "Cyber" world,why not serve them with some "Jams" aka Tunes..It really took some time for the name to stick,but by the next day I convinced myself that the words Cyber(space) and Jams fit well together.I then wrote both words and changed the letter "s" to "z"...Now we have a place we now call home for music.Cyberjamz Radio..!!!

Where do you see Cyberjamz one, five or ten years from now?

Its been 3yrs now that Cyberjamz has been in the forefront of the underground music scene.We have and still are progressing,by adding new shows and now the invitation by XM Satellite Radio.We are now also part of XM Radio The Move on Channel 80,every Wends night from 6pm-7pm est USA time with encores every Saturday 5pm-6pm est USA time and Monday 6am-7am est USA time.So in that respect we have evolved into something special.As far as the future for Cyberjamz Radio?? Only the spirit world knows for sure,but what I can say is that Cyberjamz Radio and the supports love our station and appeciate all the hard work that went into creating something out of nothing.It can be done with a vision and the drive to make it work.Hopefully we will expand and have multiple Cyberjamz Channels around the world.Cyberjamz Japan,Cyberjamz UK,Cyberjamz Europe,ect.The next step is to take Cyberjamz in the I-Pod world of live streaming.All we can do is hope to keep our dreams alive.

How had the internet changed your relationship with and to music and the industry?

The internet is a fantastic way to convert the unconverted.An oppurtunity to express and share our love for music with people that otherwise cannot attend dance clubs or are working and would love to hear music via the internet.These shows are not pre-recorded,therefore they are listening to a live feed from broadcasters/djs from all over the world.This is what makes Cyberjamz Radio special.The industy has now taken notice of our station and the ways of the cyber-world.The music industry now understand the power of the internet,therefore thier music can be heard by a much larger audiance than regular radio,especially if its in the genre of Dance Music.With this said,the music industry has now embraced the fact that the internet and radio stations like Cyberjamz can and will make a differance in sales and help them prepare a better marketing tool for thier upcoming releases by allowing us to market thier product before it hits the stores.This is something Cyberjamz Radio is very proud of, we are here to serve and protect our way of life.Keeping our culture and housemusic traditional.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Detroitbootybass

Nice interview!

Old 05-25-2005, 02:59 PM
bradfordjames

Sammy the rockstar!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:05 PM
Detroitbootybass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfordjames
Sammy the rockstar!!!
I'm gonna have him sign my tits when he comes out to Detroit...

Old 05-25-2005, 06:55 PM
perql8r

LMAO @ DBB...nice one Sammy. Score another for the househeads.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Sharp az a Razah ..

Hey, hey, hey CJ ain't possible without the Techster

Old 05-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Talking

True dat man..I was rushing typing..look at all the typos..TECHY is truly the man behind the scene.Much love to you my friend.By your Command.LOL