Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 08:29 PM
jaysHI

Default Kaskade: Thursday, Oct. 19 at the Social

Thursday, October 19 at The Social
Kaskade - Love Mysterious Tour
Om Records, Kaskade Music

Myspace invite: http://events.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=events.detail&eventID=120348.39564

KASKADE

Love Mysterious is Kaskade's third album and will mark his first release with Ultra Records. Those familiar with Kaskade's preceding albums, It's You, It's Me and In The Moment, will feel a sound of greater dimension and big-room proportion in Love Mysterious. Though his trademark melodies, sensual vocalists, and emotionally driven sound remains intact, Love Mysterious is a bolder production and reflective of Kaskade's growing acclaim and popularity worldwide.

Last year's schedule alone had Kaskade appearing at 150-plus shows, the result of which is evidenced by a dedicated following whose numbers continue to multiply. This has encouraged promoters and event organizers to book the artist at venues with larger capacities, and, says Kaskade "It's affecting me as a person and as an artist and my sound in general. Five years ago when I was producing my first album, the whole non- stop, world travel thing wasn't a part of my daily routine, nor was playing sets at large scale festivals or 20,000 person massives."

Today, for the Chicago-raised San Francisco transplant, playing sold out shows in every corner of the globe is, in fact, routine. When Madonna performed at the 2006 Coachella Festival, Kaskade along with Paul Oakenfold were the opening acts. Overseas, Kaskade has been the headliner at huge festivals and events including Field Day and Park Life in Sydney, Australia, or he'll pop up on any given weekend at mega-clubs ranging from Carfax in Johannesburg, South Africa to Summer Dance in Manila. If there's a dance culture alive and well in this world, Kaskade has likely been there, and he's likely scheduled to go there again soon.

For Kaskade, the fortuitous path of his DJ and producer career is not taken for granted. In the opening track of Love Mysterious, "Stars Align," Kaskade addresses the veritable sea of success he's been sailing with relative ease and without obstacle: "It represents how I feel about my career and the way things have been going for me. I didn't consciously write it to express this point, but listening back to the record, I definitely associate this track with my life. It's about how everything has just lined up and somehow, has seemed to work out. I've been lucky and blessed and this song is just my way of being thankful for it all." The lyrics of "Stars Align" combine with a powerful, kinetic track whose dark melody and raw rippling of bass pierce the listener provocatively, almost spiritually.

All this appreciation is not to say that he takes his profession too seriously. "I'm just a guy who loves to produce music, and I'm having a really, really good time doing so. I'm not it in for the 'scene.' I don't wear shiny sequin shirts and I don't usually hang out in clubs unless I'm going for a specific reason." With his relaxed West Coast demeanor (it's not uncommon for him to show up to a club in flip flops), and his affable personality, Kaskade is an anomaly to the stereotypes often associated with the DJ persona.

Individuality is apparent in Kaskade's personality, and so is the music he produces, which is consistently fresh and discernibly original. Love Mysterious lives up to this reputation and reinforces Kaskade's stronghold in dance music. Dennis Romero of the Los Angeles City Beat couldn't have put it better when he writes, "If there's a man of the moment in dance music, it's Kaskade."

Local DJ: Atnarko
(Formidableforce, 2020Vision, Tango, Eight-Tracks)
Atnarko's blend of quirky house and funky grooves has made him one of the most sought after Producers in recent memory. His work with Huggy for 2020vision and Tango recordings as Formidable Force has pushed his sound to the forefront of underground house music. As a DJ Atnarko has traveled the world to bring his sound to club goers everywhere. Letting his music, personality, and love for house music shine through and connect with audiences.

Venue: The Social
54 North Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801

Cover: $10.00
Tickets available at at the door, Ticketmaster, Ticketmaster locations, Park Ave CDs UCF, and Park Ave CDs.

Your host for the night: Foundation and Hoochie Productions

See you on the dance floor,
Maria Diestro, Jay Oliva and Tamara West
http://www.hoochieproductions.com
Old 04-29-2008, 04:44 AM
bopeep

....yeah -- i agree, people are basically getting sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..... and there is just this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe -- best place i've found it so far is a compilation series called 'euro club hits' on itunes -- or check this link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+fficeffice" />>>