CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 04:00 PM
acelawren

Default Hello

Hello all
Just thought i'd introduce myself having finally signed to the forum after listening to this site for the past few months.
I'm C. Lawrence ('acelawren') from London, England. I've been collecting and playing music for over 15 years. I buy and love all types of music and still feel that finally hunting down that elusive bit of vinyl is one of the best buzzes out there. (sorry exes )......

Following a good number of years listening to the first generation of London djs to champion the garage / house genre and also the rare groove djs from the late eighties and early ninties i obtained a set of decks and mixer and started my own journey.
I play deep, soulful, thinking but most importantly good music. Also like to vary a set depending on where and to whom i am playing. There is nothing like a surprise when djing. And trust me i have searched high and low in compiling my collection.
As well as playing solo i form a third of the Groove Connection. This is where i wear my full on deep, soulful house hat.
Compadres CJ Hammond & Kieran Chalker big yourselves up. Sure you will be here soon.

No production credits as i work full time and all my spare energy goes into collecting music and ripping hell out of my mixer and 1210s. Also hunting down somewhere to play from time to time.
Still available with notice to play throughout London and further afield.

Before i go i must say many thanks to Paul 'Trouble' Anderson, Bobby and Steve and all the djs who never veered from the rightuous path when other forms of dance music were coming and going in London.
Listening to Kerri Chandler play London in the early - mid nineties was a near life altering experience that was instrumental in me wanting to learn how to produce a set.
Pirates from over the years LWR, Sunrise, Girls FM all deserve thanks too. You are just a few.
DJ Andre from London. Ex KISS FM. Big yourself up my friend. You have no idea how many great tracks you steered me to throughout the years due to your early morning rare groove / soul / funk show.
Steve Jackson. Ex KISS FM : The House That Jack Built was essential listening way back then too.
To all the record shops who keep me up to date and the ones who look after me.
Respects to Darren Campbell, KCC and Phil Hooton for your contributions to this site and for showing that England is still the home of good groove music with the most appreciative audience.
Hope to be joining you guys on here soon with my own contributions.
And to that, if anyone can give me deatils about who i contact to add to this site please let me know.

Thanks to every one who has hired me, let me play for free and to all at the now defunct WWW.wwfm.co.uk 1997 - 2004. RIP.
You were there at the beginning of this internet game and should be here still.
Your support over the years is appreciated. Thanks for giving me somewhere to play and letting me prove to myself that collecting records wasn't just an expensive hobby.
Finally to all the websites who are keeping the groove going.. . . . you are badly needed. radio in London is dying a painful death.

Last edited by acelawren; 07-25-2006 at 04:15 PM. Reason: typos
Old 07-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Detroitbootybass

Welcome!

Old 07-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Welcome to the family!