CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Registered

Default MSRS & Eman - Soul Liberation (Soulful Deep House)

Artist: MSRS & EMan feat. Onaje Allen Gumbs
Release Title: Soul Liberation
Remixers: Demarkus Lewis, Martin East, Doc Link, Bal-ee
Label: Liberate Recordings

To listen to audio previews of tracks from "Soul Liberation" by MSRS & EMan feat. Onaje Allen Gumbs please click HERE.
Instrumentals and dubs also available.

Founded by seasoned veterans Doc Link (known for his collaborations with Roy Davis Jr.) and EMan (known for multiple singles, including the classic "It's Yours") Liberate Recordings looks to merge its roots in the histories of Chicago and New York house music to create a whole new, exciting deep house flavor. Bringing their soulful sounds to a wider audience without betraying their underground roots is the goal, and this is enthusiastically expressed with the release of "Soul Liberation" by MSRS & Eman, featuring the keyboard work of Onaje Allen Gumbs.

MSRS, consisting of New Yorkers Ralph Session and Mike Sarkus, sent an early draft of "Soul Liberation" to Eman who filled the track with his singular vocal delivery. The lyrics, which were directly inspired by the music he heard, talk about a positive movement created through a "soul liberated vibe". To push the song even further, Eman enlisted his friend Onaje Alan Gumbs, a renowned keyboardist who has played with the likes of Bobby Humphrey, Norman Connors and Allison Williams, to contribute. "Soul Liberation" was sealed.

This original version is a beautiful expression, with Gumbs' playful keyboard work chiming comfortably over the MSRS beats and Eman's voice. An emotional deep house ride ensues, touching on elements of jazz and soul in the process. There's a quartet of remixes available as well, bringing out different aspects of "Soul Liberation" while remaining true to the dancefloor. There's Demarkus Lewis with his hypnotic, building treatment; a lush, bass driven groover from Martin East; Liberate co-founder Doc Link's jazzy house interpretation; and the sweet Chicago bounce of Bal-ee's re-rub. There's definitely something here for the 'true house heads' everywhere.

Tony Humphries - "Charted in my current Top 10."
DJ Sneak - "I'm really digging this. Soulfulness from the soul."
Mazi (Fresh Meat) - "Demarkus' Soul Liberation remix shows emotion, restraint and a fine gloss that won't lose its shine anytime soon. Very cool."
Daz-I-Kue (Bugz In The Attic) - "I'll definitely be playing this one. Niceness all the way."
Deep City Soul (UK) - "Soul Liberation's got a smooth early nineties styled vocal thats just sublime sitting above those jazzy keys. Five stars!"
Tedd Patterson (Shelter, NY) - "Soul LIberation is a nasty hot tune!"
Checkpoint Charlie (MycuppaT Blog) - "Deep and beautiful. The vocals here are smart, impactful and brilliantly complimentary to the tracks. The Rhodes piano is also superb."
DJ Felix JR (Ibiza Global Radio) - "Incredible soulful deep house. Perfect for my sets."
Latenta Project (Proton Radio, Macedonia) - "This is true house music, the thing we love the most."
DJ Humus (Sweatlodge Radio, Germany) - "Soul Liberation really got me with that warm groove and piano solo. Full support!"

"Soul Liberation" by MSRS & EMan feat. Onaje Allen Gumbs is available now from Beatport / Stompy / Traxsource / Juno Download