CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Registered

Default New Mondo's Total Control :: San Francisco House Music

Artist: New Mondo
Album Title: Total Control
Label: Transport Recordings
Release/catalogue number: TSPCD-011

To listen to previews of tracks from the Total Control album click HERE

Transport Recordings presents New Mondo, the exciting collaboration of two celebrated San Francisco deep house producers, DJ MFR (Marco From Rome) and Vincent Kwok. The duo had individually relocated to the Bay Area to pursue their love of house music, setting up labels (Transport and Eight Fifteen) and building well-regarded DJ resumes. Together Kwok and MFR formed New Mondo in 2001, initially focusing on dark, twisted, big room affairs, providing a contrast to the soulful, deep house sound that each were producing individually. The New Mondo sound was further honed with the release of Down Town San Francisco in 2008 on Swank Recordings. This mixed CD highlighted Kwok and MFR as DJs and bridged the sonic evolution of New Mondo from past efforts to the accomplishment of the first New Mondo album: Total Control.

Total Control thrusts New Mondo into greater realms of accessibility and danceability. This ambitious set of music features vocal guest spots from Lisa Shaw (Naked/Salted Music), Sandy Rivera vocalist Leedia Urteaga, renowned San Francisco jazz singer Indra Jones, New Mondo mainstay Morrisson, and others. Here New Mondo's sound combines dancefloor burners and emotive song writing as well as subtle nods to 80's new wave funk. It's an appealing stew that works, and it makes for a much more fulfilling listen than your usual dance album.

The new New Mondo full artist album Total Control is available now from Transport Recordings exclusively on iTunes. Its songs are also available in extended, DJ-friendly versions exclusively through Traxsource. Total Control will have a general release on CD and digital formats on July 13, 2009.

GSCENE JULY 09 DANCE REVIEW:
”Finally my button has been firmly tickled sweet by New Mondo and their ‘Total Control’ on Transport Recordings. I couldn’t help but be impressed as each of the 11 tracks hit me head (and soul) on. From jacking house gems to the smoothest of soulful grooves this felt like a compilation of houses greatest moments not a single artist production. Impressive and a must get. Enjoy.”

”Nice, smooth, and positive!” - Mark Farina
”Damn, what a vibe! Fantastic!” - Mark Stone, UDM Radio Show
”I love Total Control and will blast this all over the airwaves.” - Daz-I-Kue, Bugz In The Attic
”Very good cuts on this album. My faves are 'Bring It Back' and '909'“ - Tony Humphries
”High quality house music, fantastic singers, excellent production.” - Joan Ribas, Ibiza Global Radio
”Bravo New Mondo! Your house music is Transporting me in the right direction!” - DJ Nova, Rodon FM Greece

Total Control Full Tracklisting and Vocalists:
1. I Want Cha (feat. Lisa Shaw) | 2. Right Now (feat. Morrisson) | 3. Enamorada (feat. Leedia Urteaga) |
4. Total Control (feat. Morrisson) | 5. 808 (Interlude) | 6. Bring It Back (feat. Morrisson) |
7. Alright (feat. Indra Jones) | 8. Nowhere To Go (feat. Rick G aka DJN Project) | 9. 909 (feat. Morrisson) |
10. Beautiful (feat. Morrisson) | 11. Feels So New (feat. Yogi of Random Soul)

For information on booking New Mondo contact Christine at Salted by clicking HERE

Visit http://www.transportrecordings.com
Promotions by http://www.8dpromo.com