CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Registered

Default "You & Me" With Mika Olson's Remix Out Now!

Here we go with the latest proposition from a French and Greek project called "Inner Rebels". The single entitled "You & Me" contains two versions: original, and a remix from a talented German producer Mika Olson.

"Inner Rebels" is a project formed by Manos & Rafael Cerato. Manos a.k.a. Manos Papadopoulos is a Greek DJ & producer who started DJing at the age of 15 and he has been playing at many clubs both in Greece and Europe since. Manos started producing music when he was 16 and so far he has collaborated with such famous labels as: Love Not Money, Zoo:Technique, Cream Couture, Prison Entertainmen, Dialtone and many others. Currently, Manos is working with his friend Rafael Cerato on their mutual project "Inner Rebels". Rafael is a French producer of house music. Having played various instruments for a number of years, he decided to focus on electronic music. At the beginning, he was creating DJ sets only, but later started to produce his own tunes. Soon after, he got interested in deep house and since then he has been concentrating on this very style. Rafael has appeared on various labels including Sleazy Deep Tanztone Records, Louder Music, Union Jack, Nastyfunk Records, Love Not Money, Straight Music, FunkPony, Dialtone, Oh! Stockholm, Dance Till Death Records. At the moment, he is focusing on the project "Inner Rebels".

The remix belongs to Mika Olson - an artist with a musical background who played both the piano and jazz guitar from the moment he had enough motor control in his hands to hold a guitar pick. Mika's musical style reflects his eclectic influences from high-modernist integral surrealism through jazz-funk fusion and Armenian epic poetry or 80s hair metal all distilled down to pure, crystalline house. In 2008, he went "minimal" after seeing the haircut maestro Richie Hawtin blow away Leicester's Love Parade by playing the same record for 4 hours using a total of 3 laptops. Now, Mika has decided to come back to his house roots. His current sets promise to take you on a journey from inside your head, out past your ears and in through your nose. He has played all over the world including Dubai (at the 9 star Hotel Al-Makatomn), Hong Kong (launching his conceptual "one man headphone disco" project in the departure lounge of Chek Lap Kok Airport), Southampton's "Dog and Feathers" and even in Tenerife (at a corporate gig for Dulux marketing executives).

The release is now available on Beatport.

Here is some of the collected feedback:

Mark Knight [Toolroom] - NICE TRACK
Hardsoul – coool!!!
Nadja Lind - the rmx is keeeewl!!!
Greg Fenton [M8 Mag] - good remix
Al Bradley - Awesome! Both versions are excellent, but Mike's remix just shades it, the bass vibe is sensational!
Richie Hawtin - downloaded for r hawtin
Giom - Liking this for sure, thanks guys
Michael Fossati [Spirit of House] - Mika Olson's mind-boggling late night remix is dope...
Tedd Patterson - This is a great record. Full support on this! Can I have wavs?
Roberto Palmero - (Pura Music ) Nice ep guys thanks for the music!!
Jask - Very nice
Rulers Of The Deep - radio support from me
Farfan Deep - nice music, support
Dean Serafini (Jjazproject) - The original works slightly better for me - solid production and vocals.
Calin Marian [Tunnel FM] - Both tracks are great guys. Support
Bogdan Taran - will try Mika Olson remix
Spiritchaser (Bamo) - Mika's mix for me... Thanks for sending!
Mirko [Party Groove] - great!!!!
Da Wiseguy (Jon Pierce) - tasssssty!! bubblin' bouncin' bumpy goodness. yes!!
Andy Fransis [Club Life Global] - http://clublifeglobal.com/new-releas...ka-olson-remix Top notch guys love the Remix and cannot fault either tracks !
John P. [Westradio.gr] - great release! will play on west radio! thanks
Feodor AllRight & Elena Mechta (AMDJS Radio Show) - Mika Olson rmx is nice trendy one. Thank you!
Bobi [Club fm] - It's really tough to choose which one is a favorite because both track here is strong. … support
Will Sumsuch - Nice stuff- liking both versions. Strong!
Mild Bang - mika olson remix is nice
Mirko Trastus [Radio Corsaro] - very good thanks
Sezer Uysal - Mika remix is nicee, thanks
Gabriele Gilleri [Different Grooves] - supported by differentgrooves
Bruno From Ibiza - another deep vocal track, sounds good but similar to so many others
Sven Jacobsen - Mika Olson Remix is my pick here, well done
Igor [Ibiza Sonica] - great release!
Craig Stewart - Original super DOP!
dont (Dimiz) - Nice and smooth remix by Mika Olson
ShlomiB - great work on both tracks, Olson remix stand out for me here... full support.
Qmusse - Great work! Original for me
Echofusion - Nice release! The original is for me!
Zeque - mika olson remix for me! thanx
Tim [HouseAfrica] - Mika Olson Mix is dope - Thanks. Tim
Seb Skalski - Olson mix for me !! will suport it Thank you
DJ Cream - Very nice!
Syndyk - both track sounds nice ! support !
Soul T - Mika Olson Remix is great - good EP
Submantra - nice the remix .. thanks!