CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Founder of Cyberjamz

House of Soul Track Picks of this week.

TekniQ- Sum Funk In Jazz (Justin Imperiale Remix) - Cabana out now http://bit.ly/1uvyDQh

This week we featuring this excellent piece by TekniQ - The Justin Imperiale Remix out now on Cabana Recordings.

Justin Imperiale delivers a lovely latin-percussion driven musical ride with all the right elements to make this one a dance floor masterpiece ! "Sum Funk in Jazz" falls nothing short of excellent and what we'd come to expect from this talented producer.

Come to Me E.P - Luis Evangelista
PhaseShift Entertainment

Here we have a wonderful release by the talented DJ/producer Luis Evangelista.A lovely afro-music ride with sensational organs,drum kick and spoken-word snippets compliment this release well. This is a very good one for all dancers and dance floors across the globe.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:38 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Track Pick:

Title:Love Complete
Artist: DaSouL & Monique, with Dawn Tallman
label:Son Liva

Here we go ! One of my favorite female recording artist (Dawn Tallman) delivers an exceptional vocal piece with complimentary production work by the talented D'amore Fiorenzo aka DaSouL S.I.A.E & Monica Santorelli aka Monique.This is indeed a talent-filled package that should be in every deejays collection.

5 of 5.

Review by SammyRock (The House of Soul - Cyberjamz Radio)

Track Pick:

Gilbert Le Funk
La Musique Fantastique
Release 02/10/2014
Label:La Musique Fantastique

Here we have a very nice peak-hour piece and yet another fantastic piece by Gilbert Le Funk,just right for the dance floors.Diggin it !

2014, La Musique Fantastique. All rights reserved. 'La Musique Fantastique' written & produced by Gilbert Le Funk at La Musique Fantastique Studio 1, Spain. / Licensing: info(at)lamusiquefantastique.com / www.facebook.com/gilbertlefunk - www.soundcloud.com/gilbertlefunk
Old 11-18-2014, 07:22 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Track Pick:

Title: I can't get no Sleep -
Artist: Niko M & DaSouL Ft Mary R
Label:Soul Mjuzieek Digital

The legendary track I can't get no sleep" previously done by Masters at Work(Louie Vega and Kenny "Dope" Gonzales gets a serious make-ova in 2014 by Mary R.The production team of Niko M and DaSoul give it a wonderful jazzy funk feel to this classic and it will sure set your dance floors on fire !

Review by SammyRock - Cyberjamz Radio
http://cyberjamz.com

Track Pick:

Release:For the Birds
Artist:Lemon & Herb
Label:Ocha

This is a lovely piece with wonderful vocals by Eliki and horns by the talented Kafele.The music journey and lyrics will have you appreciating that there are still great writers of vocals in our music industry.Quality !

Reviewed by SammyRock of Cyberjamz Radio

Written by Thamz Ntinitli, Skhumbuzo Radebe, Don Jobe, and Eliki
Produced by Lemon n Herb
Vocal by Eliki
Horns by Kafele
Mastered by Carlos Mena @ CASAMENA Studios, Brooklyn, NY
Executive Producer: Carlos Mena
A&R: Bongani Chehore
Art Direction and Design: Chamo Studios
C&P Ocha Records 2014

licensing contact ocharecords@gmail.com
Old 11-19-2014, 08:03 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Vinyl Track Pick - Side A - Fortune Teller
Artist: Dj Kemit feat. Eric Roberson

Ocha Records (Vinyl release) continues to serve things right by releasing yet another gem.This time the talents of Dj Kemit feat the fantastic vocals by Eric Roberson is one powerful piece that delivers that touch of class we all expect from this artist.Dj Spinna Galactic Soul Mix takes this wonderful track to another level and adds a nice ol skool feel to it.This is a good piece !

Side B - Osunlade-Transform - Quentin Harris Reproduction

Side B to this exceptional vinyl release is one for the ages. "Transform" by Osunlade gets a deep tech housemusic stomper treatment by Quentin Harris.The elements incorporated into this mix compliments the deep vocals and will for sure make your dancers close their eyes and dance the night away.

Lovin this !

5 of 5 on both mixes offered in this vinyl release.

OCH034

DJ KEMIT ft. Eric Roberson

?FORTUNE TELLER? ? DJ Spinna Galactic Soul Remix time: 9:20

Written by Kevin Hyman (Kemit Muzik, BMI), Luke Austin (State of Emergency, SESAC) and Eric Roberson
Vocals written, produced and recorded by Eric Roberson (Radars of the Lost Art/EMI April/ ASCAP).
Remix by DJ Spinna
Drum Programming and Keyboards - DJ Spinna
Synth Solo - Chris Rob
Mixed at the Thingamajig Lab, Brooklyn New York
A Beyond Real Production
Mastered by Atjazz

www.ocharecords.com Licensing: ocharecords@gmail.com

OCH034

DJ Kemit Featuring Osunlade
?TRANSFORM? ? Quentin Harris Re-Production
Written by Kevin Hyman (Kemit Muzik, BMI), Luke Austin (State of Emergency, SESAC) & Osunlade
Vocals written, produced and recorded by Osunlade (Yoruba People?s Music ASCAP, SONY ATV Music)
Remix by Quentin Harris

www.ocharecords.com Licensing: ocharecords@gmail.com
Old 12-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Thumbs up

Track E.P Pick of this week:

Unity Through Sound, Vol. 1
Various Artists
Global Diplomacy

out now - http://bit.ly/1zipgBI

This new record label makes a debut splash featuring talented artists and producers all delivering some of the best in afro - tech and soulful house music.

Unity in Sound Vol # 1 takes us on a 8 piece vocal musical journey kicking off with "Let Go"(Feat. Gwen Hunter). This is a beautiful soulful house number with sensual vocals and gorgeous lyrics by Gwen Hunter.Following up next is the sensual "Watch Me Fly" with vocals by Janice B and music by producer extraordinaire Ndinga Gaba.Up next we have yet another vocal piece entitled "Tembaco" by Troy Denari and produced once again by the talented Ndinga Gaba.This E.P is quite not done yet as one of our very own RescuePoetix(tm) delivers an exceptional spoken-word piece that will give you goosebumps after listening to the powerful lyrics and music to match,makes this one a favorite."Dreaming of You"(Feat. Mosno) is where is at with deep soulful vocals and mesmerizing music for those late night hours on the dance floor.This package continues to serve it right with "Ochossi",an African vocal influenced dance piece surrounded by lovely keys and percussion."These Days" with vocals by Saara Maria is out of this world ! fantastic soulful cut for lovers of music.Wrapping up this complete E.P is the lovely "Jewel in My Hand"(Feat. Kafele Bandele), a true vocalist at heart,this track delivers the right combination and takes it home for me.

This E.P gets the high mark of 5 of 5 (excellent).

Additional info:

1. Federico d'Alessio feat Gwen Hunter ?Let Go?
Produced and Arranged by Federico d'Alessio
Drum Programming by Federico d'Alessio
Keyboards by Federico d'Alessio
Pads, Sinths and Strings by Federico d'Alessio
Rhodes by Federico d'Alessio
Guitar by Federico d'Alessio
SAX by Vittorio De Angelis
Mixed & Engineered by Federico d'Alessio at Naples

2. Janice B "Watch Me Fly" (N'Dinga Gaba Remix)
Janice Buerkli: Lead Vocal/Lyrics/arrangement
Maurice Carroll music/production/vocal arrangement
Remix by N'Dinga Gaba for Global Diplomacy Productions

3. Troy Denari and N'Dinga Gaba "Tembaco"
Lyrics by Youssef & Galid Dinar
Vocals by Troy Denari\
Music and Production by N'Dinga Gaba
additional keys by Maurice Carroll
mixed by N'Dinga Gaba

4. Rescue Poetix and N'Dinga Gaba "Build"
spoken word by Rescue Poetix
Production and Arrangement by N'Dinga Gaba

5. mOsno and N'tuso "Dreaming of You"
Lyrics and vocals by mOsno,
Production by N'Dinga Gaba, Phil Rigatuso

6. Spellband and Sciorty "Ochossi"
Written and Produced by Spellband and Sciorty

7. Saara Maria and N'Dinga Gaba "These days"
Written by Saara Maria and N'Dinga Gaba
Vocals by Saara Maria
mixed by Ross Hillard at the Paddocks Studio

8. Groove Cartell feat Kafele Bandele "Jewel in My Hand"
Written by Groove Cartell and Kafele Bandele
mixed by N'Dinga Gaba

All Tracks mastered by Luka from We Go Deep
Published by Global Diplomacy Productions (ASCAP)
Old 12-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Track Pick:

Title: I can't get no Sleep -
Artist: Niko M & DaSouL Ft Mary R
Label:Soul Mjuzieek Digital

out now http://bit.ly/1yhjY7h

The legendary track I can't get no sleep" previously done by Masters at Work(Louie Vega and Kenny "Dope" Gonzales gets a serious make-ova in 2014 by Mary R.The production team of Niko M and DaSoul give it a wonderful jazzy funk feel to this classic and it will sure set your dance floors on fire !

Old 12-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Title: About Christmas
Artist: Lauren O?Keefe
Label: Quark Records
(Genre: Pop/Dance-Holiday)

Right on time for the holidays we get this beautiful electronica house music number dedicated to Christmas and the holidays. Very good piece ! to drop for the holidays.

About Lauren:
Lauren O?Keefe has achieved what so many people in this industry strive for: touring the country as a member of a successful Pop/R&B group. Boston-based girl group JADA consists of four girls (Lauren, Elle, Jacyn, and April) who have been together and ?worked for 10 years!? With the help of Bristol Studios and producer RIO they have found deserved success and worked with some of the biggest names in the music industry.

O?Keefe started singing when she was very young and was always drawn to the arts and loved to sing, act, and dance. She participated in all of the plays and musicals in her high school and at Emerson College where she received a degree in the arts with concentrations in music and theatre. Growing up in Yardley, PA, O?Keefe could always be found entertaining others, ?I used to put on shows for whoever would watch!?

But it wasn?t until she auditioned for and became a member of JADA that she realized what she wanted to do musically. She started taking vocal lessons back in 2001 with Bristol Recording and Voice Studios owner Ric Poulin, and now teaches at Bristol Studios as one of their lead vocal coaches. With the expertise and guidance she found at Bristol Studios, O?Keefe was able to learn and then fine tune her pop/r&b vocals through Ric Poulin's vocal method, The Bristol Method. The other JADA members (April Forrest, Jacyn Tremblay, and Elle Wine) were also trained in this method and made their start with Bristol Studios, eventually signing with Universal/Motown Records, where they put out two singles and a music video. JADA's first single ?American Cowboy? (Akon, RedOne) proved to be an international hit.

The virtuoso girl group earned the prestigious honor of being awarded a Boston Music Award for ?Best Pop/R&B Group?. Jada?s music can be found featured on FOX?s ?House? and MTV?s ?The City?, as well as on the ?Bring It On 4: In It To Win It? soundtrack. The girls have showed that they can draw an audience and produce entertaining shows having had two major radio tours, including Boston?s KISS concert at the Comcast Center. They?ve also performed all over the country with many different artists.

?We performed with Akon, The Black Eyed Peas, Ciara, Sean Kingston, and Flo Rida at Boston?s KISS concert, to name a few. We have also performed with Boyz II Men, Ashanti, Jesse McCartney, Susan Tedeschi, and more! We have performed at the Simon dTOUR Live concert series, Hard Rock Cafe, Viper Room in LA, for Teen Vogue and Seventeen Magazine events, and Bravo?s Real Housewives of Atlanta.

JADA has also performed at Madison Square Garden in NYC and shown their patriotism and Boston pride, having sung the National Anthem at many Celtics, Patriots, Bruins, and Red Sox games. Being able to sing in front of thousands of people, perform beside other talented artists, and travel the country have all been very special achievements for them. When asked about what we should be on the lookout for when it comes to JADA, O?Keefe told Bristol about some exciting new developments.

?Right now we are working on solo projects, but we have two new singles out on iTunes! One of them, "Stop My Heart" (Jay Dhabi), just reached number 23 on the dance charts!?

O?Keefe describes herself as a perfectionist and is a talented songwriter working towards recording a full-length album. She is currently in the process of doing so with five songs written that are almost ready to record, but before that happens she wants to make sure that they are (you guessed it) perfect. Being a passionate artist, songwriting for O?Keefe isn?t mechanical, rather it is inspired.

?It is something that can't be forced. I have tried to force a song to be written and it never works out. My best songs have just come to me at 2am in my bedroom on a weeknight and were written in an hour!?

Highly attracted to neo-soul and r&b music, it is no wonder that O?Keefe?s main influences are Stevie Wonder and D?Angelo. She finds them to be incredible artists and aspires to sing like them, hoping one day to have the honor to collaborate with Wonder.

?They have a way of singing where you get lost in their melodies and harmonies. Their songs have always moved me. Being a vocal instructor and a professional artist for over 10 years I need to know all about pop music. I have taken apart and studied so many songs and genres that it can take a lot for me to get "moved" by a song; I am usually thinking more about technique rather than just enjoying the music. But D'Angelo and Stevie will always move me no matter how much I study their music!?
Old 12-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Title:Turn you Loose
Artist:Mr Mendel
Label:Lumberjacks in Hell

What we have here is an eclectic dance floor, stomp yo feet, move your body package with disco influenced pieces perfect for those classic sets.

Mr Mendel is not only a Deejay out of Amsterdam but an incredible edit rework producer which he displays throughout this release.

First up is "Turn you Loose" a hot Chicago style disco piece but with an upgraded sound to fit right in with we playing today."Something Exciting" delivers a very good 80's sounding cut with the unmistakable vocal edits by Loretta Holloway meanwhile the next cut "Who do we love" is pure bliss and your dancers will let you know how good it is when you see them dance the night away.The last piece in this incredible package is the hot hot "Mothers Day" ,which is my favorite track of this release.

You can't go wrong with this great E.P ,so get a copy or 2 and watch your dancers enjoy this classic musical journey.

Check out and pick up his other works on Basic Fingers, Rahaan's Street Edits and the Lumberjack's Boogie Vol.1 .This release will also be available on vinyl soon !

5 of 5 (excellent)

Old 12-05-2014, 06:53 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Right on time for the holiday comes this wonderful collection of some of our favorite X-Mas carols sung by various house music artist produced by Josh Milan of Honeycomb Music.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
---------------------------------------
CLICK ON >> http://honeycombmusic.bandcamp.com/a...comb-christmas

DESCRIPTION:

For me Christmas means so many things. I'm well aware that although we don't know the actual date that Jesus Christ was born, Dec. 25th is the chosen date to celebrate his birthday. I grew up in Brooklyn NY. And as a child, Christmas meant sweet potato pie, soul food, and the most important thong if all, TOYS! It had to be the most exciting day of the year for me. We lived in the projects and didn't have much. But I knew I was going to get at least one toy. And there was a Salvation Army kind of a place in the Brooklyn Navy Yard that gave gifts away to kids. And then there was Macy's on 34th St. The window displays were always super laid out. The puppets that moved, the scenery, the smell of pine, all of the big boxes, the colorful gift wrapping paper, and the people seemed to be happier around this time. It was the absolute best time. It seemed to snow every Christmas back then.
Snow ball fights was our thing. Christmas carols became my favorite type of music. The songs always brought me to that happy place. I remember watching "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown" with my family and hearing the beautiful song "Christmas Time Is Here." The entire television special was filled with musical gems. The Vince Guaraldi Trio is the band responsible for that soundtrack. It remains in my top 5 favorite recordings of all time. It's the reason why "What Child is This" made it on this project. I strongly believe in the spirit of Christmas. And after the recent disaster we've witnessed in the east coast with Hurricane Sandy, I believe that healing is needed. It's our hope that this project will not only spread some Christmas cheer in your life, but will inspire you to spread that same spirit, and cheer in someone else's.
I don't know exactly when Jesus was born, but I'm so glad that he was.

Happy Birthday Jesus, and Merry Christmas to you all.
Josh

MUSICAL CREDITS:

1. Josh Milan - Introduction: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Written by Charles Wesley
All instruments: Josh Milan

2. Lamone - My Favorite Things
Written by Richard Rodgers, and Oscar Hammerstein II
Vocal arrangements and background vocals: Dawn Tallman, and Lamone

3. Dawn Tallman - Carol Of The Bells
Written by Mykola Leontovych, and Peter J. Wilhousky
Background vocals: Dawn Tallman, and Josh Milan

4. Josh Milan - The Little Drummer Boy
Written by Harry Simeone, K.K. Davis, and Henry Onorati
All instruments and vocals: Josh Milan

5. Cinnamon Brown - We Three Kings
Written by John Henry Hopkins Jr.
Background vocals: Dawn Tallman

6. Maritri Garrett - What Child Is This
Written by William Chatterton Dix

7. Sheree Hicks - Santa Baby
Written by Joan Javits,
Philip Springer, Tony Springer
Vocal arrangement and all background vocals: Sheree Hicks

8. Sandra St. Victor - The Christmas Song
Written by Mel Torm?, and Bob Wells

9. Lamone - My Favorite Things (Instrumental)
Written by Richard Rodgers, and Oscar Hammerstein II

All songs arranged and produced by Josh Milan for Honeycomb Music.
Sheree Hicks vocals recorded at Music Garage Studios. Chicago, IL. by Chris Barnett
Maritri Garrett's vocals recorded at Marion Grace Studios. Brooklyn, NY by Maritri Garrett
Sandra St. Victor's vocals recorded at Strategic Soul Ventures Studios. Holland by Sandra St. Victor.
Recorded at Honeycomb Studios, East Stroudsburg, PA by Josh Milan.
Photo: Tinnetta Bell Photography

Executive Produced by Josh Milan and Adam Cruz.
Distributed by The Cruz Music Group, a Division of Mixtape Sessions Music, LLC

THANK YOU'S:

Thank you Jesus. My mother who's been with the Lord since 2006. But I still thank her for making sure Christmas was exciting as possible for her 3 children. My lovely wife Gloria, Adam and Sarah Cruz, Lamone, Maritri Garrett, Dawn Tallman, Cinnamon Brown, Sheree Hicks, Sandra St. Victor, Honeysweet, the Honeycomb Music Nation, Melba Searcy, Tinetta Bell, all of myTwitter and FaceBook friends, Roland Instruments and Elliot Eicheldinger from Yamaha Instruments(still waiting on your call), and write your name here____________________.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
CLICK ON >> http://honeycombmusic.bandcamp.com/a...comb-christmas
Old 12-28-2014, 08:05 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Track Pick of this week.

Title: Sunshine (Walking on the Sun ReMix) 8:12
Artist: T-Solomon
Label: Blak Fiya Records

Release dates: TBA

copyright: Blak FiYa Publishing?. BMI 2012

OMGoodness !!

If you have never heard of this house music legend ,then now is the time to acquaint yourself with T-Solomon.He is a true,genuine and unique artist that will melt you with his lyrics of love,hope and life meaning.

What we here is a perfect remix of one of "MY" favorites by T-Solomon entitled "Sunshine" (Walking on the Sun Remix),which not only features Mr. Solomon on vocals but on every aspect of this remix.This talented artist does it all ! writes,produce,plays his own instruments,masters his releases and promotes.. This man is a true house music warrior !

Now back to this cut "Sunshine".There is love in the air with this piece and the musical elements are on point.Loving the lush keys and sensual vibes that makes this release stand out on it's own.The drums are simply amazin ! and if you ask me...it sounds as if he used a real drummer or that might be just me.In any case, the drums stand out just as T-Solomon's vocals and music.

Just amazing !

A quick story about this piece "Sunshine" and what it means to me.

A few years ago circa 2007 or so,I was going through a tough period in my life with love and self identity and then I get a phone call from T-Solomon.The phone call was about this piece he was writing and working on of which is this piece "Sunshine". He played it on his guitar (a ruff draft of it) and I was simply caught up in emotion! I even had a few tears rolling down my face (because I was feeling the lyrics deep in my heart & soul and understood what this track was about),which was how one would feel about the love of their life and that deep love you would feel for that significant other.

This was one of the greatest accapella's with just a guitar riff I've ever heard in quite sometime. You had to be there on that phone that day to understand... I encouraged T-Solomon to make this not only into a house music track but to release the stripped version he was performing on the phone.

He did release the original of this fantastic piece and now we have this great Walking on the Sun Remix.

and this my friends is a true story.

This cut gets a 5 of 5 (excellent)

Review by SammyRock of Cyberjamz Radio/Records

Artist info:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/T-Sol...House-of-Music

LP Sampler
https://soundcloud.com/t-solomon/l-p...r-one-love-one

T. Solomon - Ah Star is Being Born - THE ORIGINAL SOUL MIX VERSION