Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Registered

Default Roy Davis Jr. presents God Life Music

Artist: Roy Davis Jr.
Album Title: God Life Music
Label: nice+smooth ultramedia
Out Now

To listen to previews of tracks from God Life Music click HERE

Roy Davis Jr.’s soulful electronic tech grooves quench thirsty fans like communal wine. The spiritual tracks produced by this legendary disciple of Chicago’s dance music scene have received massive radio and club play around the globe. Roy describes his style as “Soul Electrica,” a hybrid of soul and electronic music. His masterful weave of R&B with floor-stomping tech-dance tunes has created classic club anthems, making Davis one of the most sought-after DJs in the world. Further mastering this unique sound Roy Davis Jr. releases God Life Music, a new twelve track full-length that is a testament to his love of music. From electro-80’s flavors to cool R&B and back to his Chicago house music roots, the album overflows with quality material.

Darren Ressler's recent review for blog.limewire.com perhaps best sums up the album:
"Roy Davis Jr. hasn’t stopped refining his sound, and God Life Music finds his brand of “soul electrica” sounding as good as ever. Davis’ production work on “Chicago Heights” boasts precise string arrangements and crisp beats, and he revisits the glorious horns that made “Who Dares to Believe In Me?” an international hit. Overall, Davis’ DJ skills serve him well. He knows exactly how to pace his album, and he’s assembled a first-rate crew of vocal collaborators. “What is Love” featuring one-named vocalist Mark is a deep morsel that distills the essence of two seminal house tracks, Bobby Konders’ “The Poem” and Mr. Fingers’ “Can You Feel It?” Songstress Erin Martin does a terrific job fronting the deliriously uplifting “We Have a Vision” and the electro-tinged “What Cha Gonna Do?” The album’s strength lies in the fact that Davis isn’t afraid to mix it up or take chances. He dabbles well with hip-hop on “Space Muzik” featuring the decent rhymes of Heat Fam, while another one-named vocalist, Manny, fronts the uptempo “Bad Like Me,” “Hold U,” and the late-night slow jam “Electronic Love.” If that wasn’t enough, Davis slides in the hip-house charm of “Come On” featuring XL, which sounds like De La Soul fronting a classic Chip E track. Though times have changed and house music’s sound has been bastardized for better or worse, it’s good to see Roy Davis Jr. still carrying the torch for the Windy City."

The talented Roy Davis Jr. has created Billboard chart-topping remixes for Seal, Mary J. Blidge, D’Angelo, Eric Benet/Faith Evans, Patti LaBelle, Christina Milian and others. Roy also has an impressive discography of his own productions, having released music on top tier labels such as XL, Ubiquity, Large, Strictly Rhythm, Daft Punk’s imprint Roulé and more. His legendary DJ skills have taken him to clubs around the world, and he is currently preparing a tour to support the new album. God Life Music is the second full length release for Davis on Toronto’s nice+smooth ultramedia imprint. His debut for the label, Water For Thirsty Children released in 2004, was hailed as a breakthrough in Roy’s escalation to becoming one of America’s leading house music artists. God Life Music continues Roy Davis Jr.'s upward climb.

Some quotes on God Life Music:
Quentin Harris - "When I snapped out of it and realized that I was up and dancing, I knew you had me. Amazing blend of house and tech to great effect and they'll work well across various genres. Excellent."
Miles Maeda - "A perfect blend of electro pop and R&B. Let It Ride is deep, hypnotic and (yes) sexy... "
Laurent Garnier - "Roy is as great as ever."
Nick Holder (DNH Records) - "Almost as great as the man behind it all."
Tony Humphries - "Very good... a nice variety of styles.. Great work!"
Hernan Cattaneo - "Quality stuff."'
Leo Portela (Argentina) - "I am enjoying the music and words from this great minister of Soulful House Music. It certainly will move atmospheres when played."
Graham Sahara (Pacha) - "This is very good and straight in the box."
Jask - "Roy is on fire!"
Aaron-Carl (Wallshaker Music) - "It's an instant classic."

Roy Davis Jr.'s God Life Music is available now from these digital outlets:
iTunes / Beatport / Amazon

For more information visit http://www.8dpromo.com