CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2007, 06:26 AM
Registered

Default Merry Christmas with new GROOVALICIOUS!!!

Here comes a breeze of fresh air on the GKF catalogue: our new friends from London make some real positive house music. Let’s welcome GROOVALICIOUS aboard…

Includes remixes by : STEVE PARADISE, SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS, D3, DEE C'RELL.

Listen samples:
Original Mix (6:40)
Steve Paradise Deep In The Disco Mix (7:59)
Spiritual Blessings Move In Da Deepa Mix (6:46)
D3's Classic Mix (6:17)
Dee C'Rell Mix (5:16)

GROOVALICIOUS was born in cyberspace, where virtually met the vocalist/lyricist Jon Martin a.k.a. BOOM and the producer Jonathan Atkinson. Since that time, audio files have whizzed back and forth until the GROOVALICIOUS sound emerged like a groovy butterfly. The duo’s deep love of House, Funk, Disco and unabashed Pop sensibilities are evident on all their tracks.
Jon Martin is best known as vocalist/front-man for Norman Cook’s 1990’s dance chart topping “Pizzaman” project. After starring in videos and touring the world, Boom moved on to the U.K. Garage scene and flirted with all types of Dance music from Drum & Bass to Electronica and Hip-Hop, Boom has come back with a brand new GROOVALICIOUS bag.
When not creating the next GROOVALICIOUS sound sensation, Jonathan Atkinson crafts fine TV music for top programming in the U.K. and the rest of the world. During the 80’s he pop rocked around the band circuit and focused on song-writing. In the 90’s, Jonathan eventually found his true calling: House music, and immersed himself in the scene for many years before making and releasing his own tunes.

The GROOVALICIOUS original “Love Candy” is a pure funky-house pop track, but for those who think that the original mix is not sweet enough, they should be satisfied with Steve Paradise’s Deep in the Disco Mix, sugary as a lollypop! The deep-house lovers will surely enjoy Spiritual Blessings Move in Da Deepa Mix, smooth as marshmallows… If you prefer Jelly Beans, go for D3’s Classic Mix, colorful and fruit-flavored. Finally, caramel and rock-candies amateurs will surely like the Dee C’Rell Mix, pure energy for the club kids… Available now, from your candy-shop!

REACTIONS:

- RICHARD EARNSHAW – “Really nice mix by Spiritual Blessings…would have been nice to have a dub version on this vibe....”
- GREG KOZO – “Great package ! !Dig it ! ! Peace”
- LEVI (RADIOOO.DJ)-“ We love your Love Candy! We put in On-Air playlist from Monday! Good music @ good place!”
- RUBEN ALVAREZ –“That release will be one of my favourites tunes for the next Christmas..... simply.. love it!! full support!! , 9/10”
- CAY CATALAN (Couch Records) – “"Love candy Dee C'Rell Mix" IS THE BOMB!”
- DJ THERRY (Jerk House Connection) – “Great tune, good voice, principally original track Thanks for all”
- RAY FENWICK (Converge UK) – “First of all the Melcyor A remix of this track is one of the best songs i have heard all year. The other remix are also very good but by far Melcyor A is the best. This remix is definetly in my top 10 tracks for the year and i can see this track doing very well. I have been playing it in my sets all week and i also played it in one of Newcastle's top clubs last night and the reaction was very good. Keep up the good work!!!! “
- CORY SOULFUSION (Centric Music UK) – “I love the original and Mechyor A mix you have full support from Centric Music and will play track in this week radio show.”
- DOLL COMBERS – “GREAT TRACK....soulful in the house. Our favourites mixes are the Steve Paradise mix....really old school..and the Spiritual Blessing mix so elegant and groovin...love the mood.”
- ALAN LONG (Iradio.ie) –“I will play it in my sets when playing and will fill you in on crowd reaction.”
- FRANCO MARTINELLI (Housepage.net) –“This is another funky gem on Gotta Keep Faith, enriched with totally hot mixes from Steve Paradise, Spiritual Blessings, D3 and Dee C. Hard to choose a favourite version.”
- DEAN SERAFINI (Jjazproject Magazine) –“If you're looking for something really catchy and infectious then this should be right up your street. Subtle it's not but I just can't help but get enthusiastic whenever I hear it. The "Original" s a piano driven hands in the air number that's perfect for the more commercial audience while the remix cover off the more discerning ear. My pick is "Steve Paradise's Deep In The Disco Mix" with its endearing chords and lush strings. D3 provide a disco infused interpretation while Spiritual Blessings and Dee C'Rell take things a little deeper. For those who need convincing to check this one out, the vocals come from a certain Jon Martin who has amongst other credits behind him, the distinction of being the voice of Norman Cook's Pizzaman project.”
- MICHAEL FOSSATI (SpiritOfHouse.com) – “In its original form, "Love candy" by Groovalicious is a feel good production featuring sweet vocals over a fiercely stormin' funktified backdrop that is topped with warm melodic keys. Steve Paradise provides the 'Deep in the Disco Mix' that gives the track a deep, disco flava spiced sounding, while Spiritual Blessings' 'Move in da Deepa Mix' is a groovy deep house interpretation that keeps things smooth and relaxed. D3's 'Classic Mix' is what its name denotes, an old-school reworking taking you back in time, while Dee C'Rell gives it a stormin' deep house sounding perfect for peak time play.”

www.gkfrecords.it
www.myspace.com/gottakeepfaithrecords
MSN : gottakeepfaith@hotmail.it
AIM : gkfrecords

Promo exclusive on:

Last edited by GottaKeepFaithRecords; 12-20-2007 at 06:31 AM.