CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Default Captain Planet - The Ningané EP :: new from Bastard Jazz Recordings

Artist: Captain Planet feat. Fredy Massamba
Release TItle: The Ningané EP
Remixed by: Whiskey Barons
Label: Bastard Jazz Recordings
Available on vinyl from: Bastard Jazz Webshop / Juno Records
Available digitally from: iTunes / Turntablelab / Juno Download

To hear previews of tracks from Captain Planet’s The Ningané EP click HERE

After the success of 2009’s Speakin’ Nuyorican EP (which saw licenses for both CBS’s CSI: NY and HBO’sEntourage), successful remixes for Alice Russell and Vieux Farke Toure, top-ranking in Giles Peterson’s Havana Cultura Remix contest, as well as a move from Brooklyn to Los Angeles – the man who goes by Captain Planet returns back to form on Bastard Jazz Recordings with a dancefloor-destroying 12” steeped in the tough international breakbeat sound that he’s become known for, leading up to his first full length album dropping in the fall.

On the title track of the EP, “Ningane” – the Captain enlists the vocal talents of Congolese singer Fredy Massamba(known for his vocals on a couple of big African house tracks - Boddhi Satva’s “Warriors of Africa” and Ezel’s “His Presence”) – over a rugged, horn driven slice of broken Afrobeat. Fredy’s words (sung in his native Kikongo language) perfectly ride the riddim before moving into a deeper, late night house vibe with soaring vocals. Up next, Boston’s Whiskey Barons give “Ningane” a signature reflip, moving the track into classic Afro-disco territory with a four on the floor beat, live keys + guitar, chopped horns and vocals, and a bassline that’s funky as all hell. Watch out for those killer percussion breaks!

Moving to the flip, “Dame Agua” is a fire-breathing Latin scorcher with massive percussion and drums, stabbing salsa horns, bubbling organs, and vintage-sounding vocals put on the chopping block! Up next, we’re headed to Brazil with “Macumba” – a down and dirty Samba influenced 108 BPM breakbeat joint with all the elements firmly intact, including beautiful Portuguese vocals sliced and diced properly…. the Captain proves time and time again that he can deftly flip an array of global sounds into a sound that is undeniably his own. Also included on the B-Side is an instrumental of “Ningane”.

DJ Nu Mark - "I loved all the songs man!!! Gonna play em in Singapore. Love it."
DJ E.A.S.E (Nightmares On Wax) - "Loving this EP! The monster for me on the tribal tip is Dame Agua, killer beats that will fit perfect @ Wax Da Jam in Ibiza this summer."
Nickodemus (Turntables on the Hudson) - "The new Captain Planet EP can't save us against the World's villains, but it can DEFINITELY save dance-floors Worldwide with his Big Bouncing Global Grooves!"
MonkOne (Wax Poetics, Greenwood Rhythm Coalition) -"Captain Planet has managed to squeeze all the rum, sweat and smoke of his jam-packed nights at Bembe onto a single piece of vinyl. The housey remezcla from the Whiskey Barons is working too, chévere!"
DJ Day - "This is dope! Captain Planet continues to be the dude to look out for in 2011. I'll definitely be rocking this out."
Cosmo Baker (The Rub) - "Captain Planet is my s**t … BOOYAH!"
DJ Sabo (Sol Selectas, NY/LA) - "This whole EP is FIRE! Feelin' every tune, hats off to you guys, this is an awesome package!"
Kano (Red Bull Music Academy, Australia) - "This is exactly the kind of vintage sound set perfectly with beats firmly rooted in the sonics of today that guarantee me a room full of smiles and an instant rise in energy levels every time it's dropped. Captain Planet is taking over my DJ box, EP after EP!"
mps PILOT (22tracks.com Worldgroove / Amsterdam) - "This EP is falling out of the sky with brilliance. Grooving to the max, theme's sticking in my mind, timeless quality, on rotation in between the old en new. Love it!"

Bastard Jazz Online:
www.bastardjazz.com
facebook.com/bastardjazz
twitter.com/bastardjazz

Captain Planet Online:
www.mixtaperiot.com
facebook.com/DJCaptainPlanet
soundcloud.com/dj-captain-planet