CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Registered

Default Gavin Hardkiss (Hawke) - Remix + Artwork Contest

We're running a remix and an artwork contest for Gavin Hardkiss revolving around his track "Monday Comes And Goes," recorded under the artist name Hawke for his acclaimed Eighth Dimension album +++.

The remix contest is in collaboration with Remixin.com and ends April 7. In addition to the winning remix being used in an upcoming Eighth Dimension single, the winner also receives prizes such as a Novation Launch Pad and a bit of musical goodies. Eclectic mixes are the key here ... Gavin himself will be selecting the winner and as you might guess he has quite an eccentric taste.

We're also running a parallel contest to determine the artwork for the single in collaboration with Creative Allies. Prizes include Sony Creative's Vegas Pro software suite and some cash. Again, Gavin Hardkiss is judging the contest and is open to surprises.

For information on the remix contest go here: www.remixin.com/contest/hawke
For information on the artwork contest go here: www.creativeallies.com/jobs/show/25

We hope you can take part! Some bits about "Monday Comes And Goes" and Gavin Hardkiss/Hawke below:

The new album by San Francisco’s Hawke, enigmatically titled +++, strives to defy categorization on many levels. Conceived by legendary psychedelic dance producer Gavin Hardkiss +++ blurs musical boundaries as well as the lines separating audio and visual work.

In the spirit of collaboration and genre-bending, Gavin Hardkiss invites you to be a part of the first remix single from +++. The album’s lead track, “Monday Comes And Goes,” will be openly remixed by the Remixin.com community while the cover art will be created by users of www.creativeallies.com/jobs/show/25]CreativeAllies.com. Gavin will be involved in the process personally selecting the remix and artwork that will accompany the single to be released in May 2010 by Eighth Dimension Records. The participants will be promoted worldwide with the single, which will also contain remixes by established electronic artists Q-Burns Abstract Message and Tal M. Klein of Aniligital Music.

"The Hawke material that I have produced for two decades has always been a collaborative effort between myself and the super talented people that surround me. The most recent Hawke album +++ was always intended as a creative effort to try make music that was naive and open eyed in its subject matter and sound pallette. I did not intend to make trendy sounding tracks for DJs. I actually tried to skew away from current sounds and techniques. In the spirit of this competition and the spirit of collaboration, I am looking for collaborators/remixers to take the song 'Monday Comes and Goes' into uncharted territory. I want you to make the song sound like the Summer of 2010. Give 'em what they want and make 'em dance dance dance!!"
- Gavin Hardkiss (Hawke)