CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Registered

Default Ed Mazur - View From Within EP: Quirky House Music From SF

Artist: Ed Mazur
Release Title: View From Within
Label: House on the Hill
Catalog #: HOH-3

Tracklisting
1. Sung Zvin
2. View From Within

To listen to previews of Ed Mazur’s View From Within EP please click HERE

House On The Hill, a strong newcomer on the San Francisco scene, aims to deliver fresh, eclectic sounds of house music. The label strives to appeal to fans of tracks found on Freerange, Detour, and Lost My Dog while adding something new to the deep house genre. With this third release House On The Hill presents two tracks from SF-based DJ/producer and label don Ed Mazur: the View From Within EP.

Mazur first garnered notice with his floor-shaking house remix of Radiohead's "A Punchup At A Wedding", released on vinyl on the Tweekin Records run Fresh Press imprint. He's also earned his chops as a DJ playing at many club events and parties in the San Francisco underground, and is a regular fixture at the Green Gorilla Camp each year at the Burning Man Festival. Ed Mazur has since set up the House On The Hill label to showcase his tastes in the rich variety that exists in the spectrum of house music.

The first track of this duo, "Sung Zvin" features an appealing live electric bass and guitar effects in the midst of dueling keys. You'll also find ominous vocal samples and a particularly nasty slap bass climax. It's totally got the sound of classic dubby & tribal San Francisco house. Next, the title track, "View From Within", is driven by a bouncy ska-like rhythm and tribal drums. Twisted melodic guitar lines and a powerful lead synth trade off as ethereal female vocals echo in the background.

Be sure to give Ed Mazur's View From Within EP a spin ... available from most digital download stores.

Giom (Ornate Music, UK) - "Cool release here!! Will give both these a try. The tribal vibe reminds me of Mastiksoul."
Murray Richardson (Rebel Waltz, UK) - "Straight up house kit from Ed Mazur - solid!"
Eric Davenport (Guesthouse) - "I like Sung Zvin the best. It is a straight forward DJ track that will fit easily into a set."
Checkpoint Charlie (MyCuppaT) - "I'm a sucker for two things in my house music: a quirky guitar riff and a deep, juicy bass line. Sung Zvin has both! This is what funky house music is all about."
Tyler Stadius (Proton Radio) - "Funky flavors and great production with a twisted San Francisco touch."
Ben Dela Pena (Ministry Of Sound, UK) - "Nice quirky jackin' house. I like the rugged beats behind it all."
Bogdan Taran (Capital FM, Latvia) - "Absolutely eclectic funky s**t! I love it."
DJ Kaori (Shibuya FM, Japan) - "View From Within reminds me of late 90's Johnny Fiasco. Good work!"
DJ Bazil (Fruity Antics, UK) - "Deep, dark, and driving. Excellent and right up my street."
David Gluzman (R4NT Music Blog) - "Sung Zvin has a great bassline and tasty treats sprinkled all over."

Ed Mazur's View From Within EP is now available at these digital stores:
Stompy / DJ Download / Juno Download / iTunes

For more information contact http://www.8DPromo.com
Old 10-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Registered

Check out the newly updated site of Ed Mazur and House On The Hill: www.houseonthehillmusic.com
Free DJ mix downloads, label news, San Francisco party info, and more ...