CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Registered

Default Go Go Bizkitt! - Stutterfunk EP ; wild disco-flavored house

Artist: Go Go Bizkitt!
Release Title: Stutterfunk EP
Remixers: Nonfiction, Mr. Clean
Label: Deepfunk Records
Available Now From: Beatport / Stompy / Juno Download / iTunes / Amazon

Tracklist:
1. Pheeva!
2. Stutterfunk
3. Chuffrugg
4. Pheeva! (Nonfiction Remix)
5. Pheeva! (Mr. Clean's French Revolution)

To listen to previews of tracks from Go Go Bizkitt!'s Stutterfunk EP click HERE

Deepfunk Records is pleased to present the latest addition to the family, the pending UK sensation Go Go Bizkitt! Originally conceived in the UK’s undeniably hip underground as a three-man phenomenon, Go Go Bizkitt! is a solitary prodigy with the chops of a musical army. Self-proclaimed as a purveyor of the genre of StutterFunk, Go Go Bizkitt’s music is “chopped up and sprinkled over the groove” to make it, well, stutter. His signature style captivates his listeners not only with a unique & funky new sound, but also with an infusion of old school flavor that aims to rock any party.

Here we're given three delectably potent dance cuts showing Go Go Bizkitt!'s affinity for good-natured house and disco. "Pheeva!" leads the fray with a funky high pitched synth melody and ringing 80's funk guitar chunks. Its irresistibly danceable rhythm and playful moves exist to put a big smile on the dance floor. "Stutterfunk," which could serve as the act's manifesto, builds on the party elements with a heavy bass line and a some rousing horn section action. The house-meets-disco beats keep the foundation as Go Go Bizkitt!'s crafty edits and 'stuttering' add the extra spice. "Chuffrugg" closes the trio adding melodic electric piano and vibraphone to the disco house stew, sounding like a modern day offshoot of Cloud One.

As a bonus, a pair of remixers have been enlisted to "house up" the track "Pheeva!" for clubbier needs. Nonfiction hails from Orange County, California where he is a resident at top OC club nights like Focus and releases tunes for labels like Lost My Dog and Motion Music. His remix combines resonating chords, a subtle acid bass line, and a solid house rhythm to create a sweet late night burner. Boston's Mr. Clean (Clean House Music) is also on hand, providing his French Revolution rework that adds tasty percussion and fits the loopy 'stutter' elements into a building, house music mode. These efforts definitely serve to round out this impressive EP.

Go Go Bizkitt! is an exciting new artist that you'll be hearing more of, and Deepfunk is happy to make this initial introduction. The Stutterfunk EP is sure to vibrate your boogie zone for many months to come. Stay tuned for more delicious cuts from Deepfunk right around the corner.

Johnny Fiasco (DJ, US) - "This guy is one funky mofo!"
Demarkus Lewis (DJ, UK) - "This takes me back to the filter disco days without leaving the current timezone. Hotness."
Joshua Heath (Salted Music, US) - "Way to go Deepfunk! 'Pheeva' is the Jam! Really dig the filtered disco grooves, and will definitely be rockin this one."
Frankie J (Sound Republic/Spatula City) - "Absolutely love every original track. Goddamn, this is some super fresh funk! I'm going to be rocking all of these good times jams."
Scope (DJ, Ireland) - "This surely puts a smile on your face! I love it ... pure funk on every track. I'll be playing this everywhere!"
Jamie Topham (CD Pool, UK) - "It's like someone took me back in time to a club in the early 80s and the DJ was dropping the tunes with 21st century technology!"
Richie Hartness (Untitled Music) - "Think funky, swaggering, disco clapping. twisted smiling faces on a funked out filtered dancefloor. Think big basslines, strutting beats and wakka wah guitars. Drop in some gloriously housey remixes from Nonficition and Mr Clean and you've got it! From start to finish - awesome!"

Visit Deepfunk on the web:
http://www.deepfunkrecords.com
http://www.facebook.com/deepfunk
http://www.twitter.com/deepfunk