CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Registered

Default 10 Years Of Statra Vol. 1 feat. Alexi Delano, Nu Mood Orchestra, more

Artist: Various Artists
Release Title: 10 Years of Statra (Volume 1)
Label: Statra Recordings
Catalog #: STA3-4001

1. Alexi Delano - Afro Science
2. Nu Mood Orchestra - Aphrodisiac
3. Denver McCarthy - On A Path Of Devotion
4. Jeff Sharel - Nyabinghis

To listen to a preview of 10 Years Of Statra (Vol. 1) click HERE

To celebrate its 10 year anniversary re-launch, Statra Recordings has put together a special 4 part EP series of tracks culled from its back catalog and never before available in digital format. Each EP has been carefully curated and will include top shelf tunes from both the singles and the album archives fully re-mastered. It's an exciting project and a quality overview of one of the USA's more daring electronic dance labels.

This first installment features exceptional tracks from Alexi Delano, Jeff Sharel, Denver McCarthy, and Nu Mood Orchestra. Info on these cuts:

Afro Science”: The most peak time dance floor track Alexi Delano's released since his early Svek and Hybrid days. “Afro Science” builds itself on a foundation of smooth afro-influenced percussion and rhythms. The bass line stays one step ahead keeping the groove in the driver's seat while leaving just enough space for the resonating synths to pick up any passengers left behind. The added ethereal tribal vocal tops this one off with a nice organic touch.

Aphrodisiac”: From the EP of the same title, this shows the deep house vibe that sub-label Statra Twelves was created to develop. Nu Mood Orchestra is better known for their YMC moniker on Yoshitoshi under which they've built quite a following for their atmospheric, richly textured sound. ”Aphrodisiac” is a tune taken directly from that mold, a sensuous, mysterious piece of music that enwebs the listener.

On A Path of Devotion”: The lead track from New Zealand-born, US-based producer Denver McCarthy’s seminal Rise and Shine LP. A track about “darkness destroyed by the torchlight of knowledge”, this is techno of the mind body and soul. A strangely hypnotic and building cut that will excite the deeper electronic sets out there.

Nyabinghis”: Originally born from a project Jeff Sharel was working on with with Tikiman this track was recorded live in the traditional dub fashion with live effects and arrangement. The tune combines techno with dubby house as well as a traditional Jamaican Reggae vibe. An all out dance floor assault sure to get a heap of club play.

This is just part one of the four part retrospective series 10 Years Of Statra. Stay tuned for future installments to come to you from Statra Recordings.

”I'm still really feeling Aphrodisiac and On A Path Of Devotion. The are sounding great and still fresh for those who might have missed them originally.” - Chris Fortier
“The Alexi Delano track really rocks. I will fully blow this one out. Top gear.”
- DJ Sneak
”Afro Science is my favorite here. I love the synths.” - Tom Findlay, Groove Armada
”Statra has always been 100% top quality music and this is another great release, no question about it. I used to play Aphrodisiac so often and I will be doing it again! I love this release!” - Alland Byallo, Kontrol SF
”Once again very nice tracks! Deepness ...” - Tony Humphries
”I'm always up for Alexi Delano and this one is great.” - Ivan Smagghe, Kill The DJ
”The Denver McCarthy track is a killer as is the Jeff Sharel tune! Thanks so much for these, Full support from me.” - Perc
”Aphrodisiac is a good mood-setter with a solid hypnotic groove. I will play it.” - Ross Couch, Body Rhythm Glasgow
”Great to see this label back on the stage. All these tracks are good but Aphrodisiac is the one for me. More of this, pleas, Statra!” - Kelvin K, Nordic Trax
”Really quality deep music from a great label.” - Brett Johnson
”These tracks are great. Aphrodisiac is really cool. On A Path To Devotion is very trippy, and, best of all, Afro Science is a great outdoor party track. Nice work!” - Dave Mothersole, Ministry Of Sound UK
”This is exactly what deep house is meant to be. It's warm and dancefloor friendly but without a hint of commercial cheese. Brilliant vibes!” - Al Bradley, Bugged Out UK
”These old releases sound so fresh. At the time they were released they were touching the future.” - DJ Nova, Rodon FM Greece

10 Years Of Statra (Volume 1) is available from these digital outlets:
Beatport / Juno Digital / Traxsource / Stompy

For more information: http://www.8DPromo.com