CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Registered

Default DJ LEON EL RAY Pres. NICK FARADAY "Baby blue"

The latest release from Gotta Keep Faith sees DJ Leon El Ray team up with Nick Faraday to create “Baby Blue”. Leon has DJ'd since the early 1980s and broke into production in 1991 after moving from Athens to Germany. He has worked on all manner of projects establishing a reputation as someone who can provoke emotional reactions with his music. Away from the production side of things, Leon is one of Europe's foremost events DJs. You won't find him behind the decks at your local club; he performs only at selected events, often at the most glamorous and exclusive venues. Nick too is an accomplished DJ and producer based in Greece with previous releases on Diventa Recordings amongst others.

DJ LEON EL RAY Pres. NICK FARADAY "Baby blue" [GKF069]

The track itself comes in no fewer than eight mixes which between them provide the opportunity to bring “Baby Blue” to the widest possible audience. The deep, soul drenched “Main Mix” and lighter, rhodes and guitar infused “DJ Greg Soulful Mix” are both just as pleasant on a sun kissed beach as they are suited to the dance floor. “DJ Floy's Spiritual Mix” drums up a storm with tribal rhythms while Nikos Diamadopoulos provides a darker, edgier spin on proceedings. “CJ Giovanni's Organ Dub Mix” is a moody affair before the “Charly H Fox Dark Mix” does exactly what the title suggests. “Zen Men's 610 Remix” offers a chilled down tempo alternative with the package being completed by Georg Nuefeld's “Deepchord Dub Mix”. The common thread through each of the mixes is a stunning performance by Bruno Soares on sax which each of the remixers has treated sympathetically.

1) Main mix
2) Dj Greg's Soulful Mix
3) DJ Floy's Spiritual Mix
4) Nikos Diamadopoulos Remix
5) CJ Giovanni Organ Dub Mix
6) Charly H Fox Dark Mix
7) Zen Men's 610 Remix
8 ) Thedeepchord Dub Mix

Produced, Written & Arranged by Nick Faraday.
Sax by Bruno Soares.
Mastered by DJ Leon El Ray
Track 2: Additional Remix & Productions by Dj Greg
Track 3: Additional Remix & Productions by Dj Floy
Track 4: Additional Remix & Productions by Nikos Diamadopoulos
Track 5: Additional Remix & Productions by CJ Giovanni
Track 6: Additional Remix & Productions by Charly H Fox
Track 7: Additional Remix & Productions by Zen Men
Track 8: Additional Remix & Productions by Thedeepchords

©&(P) Gotta Keep Faith Records - 2009
www.gkfrecords.it
Inquiries & info: office@gkfrecords.it
Licensing: licensing@gkfrecords.it
Graphic Art: Sanchezlife - www.sanchezlife.com

As ever, feedback is highly valued by all the artists and producers involved and we would encourage you to let us know your thoughts. Please take a few moments to feedback to office@gkfrecords.eu

More information on DJ Leon El Ray and Nick Faraday can be found by following the links below:
www.myspace.com/djleon_el_ray
www.myspace.com/nickfaraday

FEEDBACKS:

- ANTONIO OCASIO – “Brothers - I'm really diggin this jam. I'm especially feeling the DJ FLOY'S SPRITUAL MIX. Thanks and keep it up!”

- MISTIK MIKE – “Keep up the quality work! Straight fire coming off your label!”

- RICHARD EARNSHAW – “DJ Greg Soulful mix is very nice..... full support from me!”

- DJ MANNIX – “Great Track! Just wanted to let you know I have reviewed your last one for M8 September issue.”

- Carl ‘Muzik’ Proctor (Consortium Muzik) – “DJ. Greg Soul Mix only two words can describe it..............THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

- RAFAEL MORAES (Nomumbah) – “The original version is deep and sexy, feeling this one.”

- DJ NOVA (BeyondJazz.net) – “BABY BLUE is great! Leonidas did an excellent Job. Already Playlisted and Aired from me!!”

- ZWEIKLANG - "Gotta Keep Faiths new release DJ Leon El Ray pres. Nick Faraday - Baby Blue delivers some nice melodic summer sounds, perfect for lounging and hanging around at some beach bars. We support the Dj Greg's Soulful Mix."

- BRUNO FANACK – “I like ‘main mix,’ the communication between instruments gives a nice & complete melody, good roll bass too! Greg has done a fantastic soulful mix. Perhaps a little voice on it would be better. CJ Giovanni remix is interesting, very nice beat and powerful sub bass: I love it. Organ is very well played. Good deep, simple but effective. Zen Men's: wouaw, I’m in space. Good down tempo with the sax
Beautiful emotion!”

- VINCENT KWOK – “The Dj Floy spiritual mix works the best for me.”

- DAVIDSON OSPINA – “Best mix for me is the Main...Deep & Musical”

- SOSUE (Raw Artistic Soul – SoulKomplex) - “Loving Floy's Spiritual Mix! Lovely Percussions! Will be on air upcoming week in the show.”

- MICHAEL FOSSATI (SpiritOfHouse) – “"Baby blue" is the collective work of DJ Leon El Ray and Nick Faraday and features a wonderful sax by Bruno Soares, coming to you in none less than eight versions. The deep 'Main Mix' is fueled with beautiful melodies, while the groovy sun drenched 'DJ Greg Soulful Mix' oozes with its funky flavors. Next is the 'DJ Floy Spiritual Mix', a mesmeric tribal journey featuring spacy synths, followed by the edgy, rather dark 'Nikos Diamadopoulos Remix'. The 'CJ Giovanni Organ Dub Mix' is on a deeply kickin' tip featuring cool organ rides, while the tougher 'Charly H Fox Dark Mix' darkens the vibe. Down tempo chill vibes can be found in the 'Zen Men's 610 Remix', before finally the mid tempo paced deep dramatic 'Deepchord Dub Mix' completes the package.”

- JASON PEPPERELL – “Varied ep. I’ll definitely get the ‘Original’ out on my DeepSoul Maison show”

-DJ KIK (Groove Session Radio Show) – “In this release i found a lot of good release like DJ Floy, Charly H, but the main mix is really good, so good job for all the artists ) All the best !”

- DANILO D’ANDREA (Radio Party Groove – IfYouWant’s Radio Show) – “Main mix & Zen Men's 610 Remix, are for me, thanks!”

- STEVE FRISCO – “Very good traxx on this ep. Thedeepchord Dub Mix is a fabulous deep down underground work.”

- DJ REPLEE – “I like Main Mix and Dj Greg's Soulful Mix...full support!”

- RANDY BRUSSETO – “I'll definetly choose the original mix, which is the real deepness, with fantastic winds instruments and a nice atmosphere thanks to the nappes and the excellent additional key. Perfect in order to begin a DJ set, on a sunny beach !!!!”