CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Registered

Default Tal M Klein + Anthony Mansfield - For Juan Five EP : Cosmic Beats

Artist: Tal M. Klein & Anthony Mansfield
Release Title: For Juan Five EP
Label: Aniligital Music
Catalog Number: ALG-034
Format: 12" and Digital

Side One:
1. Ciento Ocho (Listen HERE)
2. Desayuno En Timpani's

Side Two:
1. Bomba De Tigre (Listen HERE)
2. Track 4

San Francisco's eclectic space-beats label Aniligital Music is back at it with Anthony Mansfield and Tal M. Klein’s For Juan Five EP. Building upon the successes of their previous collaborations, the villainous duo raises the stakes and take things deeper with this enigmatically titled three tracker.

"Ciento Ocho" is Spanish for 108, as in 108 BPM - the tempo of this first track on the EP. A creepy crawly builder with 8-bit roots that culminate in a HUGE funk breakdown with an insidious bass hook (If you have any doubt, just fast forward 3 minutes into the track)

Next up is "Desayuno en Timpani’s" which we think means Breakfast At Timpani’s in Spanish. Needless to say this one’s heavy on the percussive elements, including, of course, lots and lots of timpani drums. "Desayuno en Timpani’s" gets going pretty quickly and doesn’t let up. Check the flanged upright bass breakdown for extra bigness! Purely non-stop huge sound system busting dancefloor action.

Speaking of floor fillers, have we shown you our tiger bomb? "Bomba de Tigre" is definitely the deepest track on the EP, but lest Anthony and Tal rest on the laurels of their 808 kicks and 303 basslines, this Tigre is a stalking beast that explodes in a vicious classic house attack.

What they can be heard saying:
Kraak & Smaak - "Nice dubby mid-tempo disco, perfect for warming up the crowd or at a lazy beach party."
Trevor Jackson (Playgroup / Output) - "A superb EP. 'Cienti Ocho' is a sick, sick track. Fabulous!"
Q-Burns Abstract Message - "I absolutely adore 'Desayuno en Timpani's' ... satisfies my soft spot for kettle drums."
Alland Byallo (DJ, US) - "I like it! Slow, groovin' and dripping with funk. Ciento Ocho for me."
Djuma Soundsystem - "Charming disco!"
Sleazy McQueen - "These are silly good. The 415 is reppin' hard here."
Checkpoint Charlie (MyCuppaT Blog) - "On a bit of a different path for me here, but I'm certainly feeling 'Desayuno en Timpani’s' - percussion heavy with wonky instrumentation, including that flanged bass all over the shop. Quirky but cool... a freak or geek of a track! More atmospheric weird and wonderfulness from 'Bomba de Tigre' - a lovely, subtle break-beat is ideal here. I can't wait to try these out!"

Available now on 12" vinyl from Juno Records
and available now digitally from Juno Download

www.aniligital.com