CyberJAMZ Forums  
Old 10-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Registered

Default Morehouse-Groove Junkies In The Zone

click here to listen/buy Groove Junkies-In The Zone

CLICK HERE FOR (FREE Download, New Releases, Latest Podcast and more...)

IN THE ZONE INCLUDED BONUSES: Special 13 track non-stop continuous play mix and cd insert album artwork.

GJs much anticipated artist album has landed. ESSENTIAL!

Two years in the making - Groove Junkies debut artist album In The Zone is a milestone achievement for venerable Los Angeles by way of NYC Writer, Producer, DJ Evan Landes. The evolution of his artistry is on full display as Zone showcases a diverse musical, rhythmic and lyrical palette which isnt bound by any of todays passing trends. GJ signature soul drenched dance grooves and hybrid funk are in abundance, although a multitude of varied musical influences such as Afro, Jazz, Disco, R&B, Tech House, Gospel and Rock can also be found throughout the well balanced long player. Its clear intent is to move the listener physically with the dancefloor in mind, but also provoke thought with lyrical content that engages you on an emotional level. In an age where so much of todays dance music is perceived as being bland, cookie cutter and forgettable,ITZ dispels that myth by offering a wide range of intelligently crafted songs and tracks which feature an international collective of immensely gifted musicians, vocalists and spoken word artists.

Sixteen tracks in all14 songs (3 of which are GJs classics re-worked, and 3 which are bonus tracks), along with the opening Prelude and Interlude; And a 13 track non-stop continuous play 'bonus mix' version. Now turn down the lights, turn up the volume and enjoy the journey!

EXCERPTS OF REVIEWS (partial list)

Michael Fossati (Spirit of House.com) - Without a question, "In The Zone" is a masterpiece - essential and timeless... our "ALBUM OF THE YEAR!"
Craig Bartlett (Tillate Magazine) - Love it! Fantastic piece of work...my pick as album of the month!
Ian Thompson Electronica magazine.com - Its a musical master class littered with hair raising vocal performances, social and political comment, uplifting gospel anthems and soothing soulful house, all marshaled expertly by Groove Junkies, and oozing Evans infectious, likeable personality.
Russell Deeks iDJ - The ever-prolific Groove Junkies' singles have taken Top Tune and Recommended gongs on iDJ's house pages so many times over the years, it's almost embarrassing. In The Zone is sheer class!
Richard Earnshaw (Duffnote) - The production is up to the usual high standard, the arrangements are spot on, but most importantly for me, it all works and make it a pleasure to listen to from start to finish.
Brian Tappert (traxsource, Soulfuric) - lots of standout cuts like "Far Away," "The White Light," and "Shut Up and Dance." "Deeper" and "Inside My Soul" are still hot!
Roy Morrison Amplifiedsoulnyc blog - Its incredible! Every track & song is a winner, and reflects quality writing....the result is magic.
Tony Garvey (Go-Music Promotions) - Its this flare and feeling for the vibe and spirit of Dance Music that have hypnotized fans, from House Music veterans like myself through to the newly baptized beatfreaks all searching for the ultimate Groove Junkie fix. This is reflected in the Album we have in front of us, a long player that achieves great balance

QUOTES (partial list)

Joi Cardwell - In the Zone is a perfect anecdote to a long day fading into a most enjoyable night. I found its message, vibe, and rhythms take me to the happy space where I long to be.

DJ Dealer (Lay Records) - Tip of the cap to one of LA's finest....an album project in this ever changing climate is no small feat and with that being said, House Music All Night Long! Sexy, groovy, sophisticated and definitely well produced, the album is a lovely mix of past & present sounds. My personal faves are “The White Light,” “In The Zone,” “You Love House” and “What’s Freedom.”

Brian Tappert (traxsource, Soulfuric) – lots of standout cuts with potential like Far Away, The White Light, and Shut Up and Dance. Deeper and Inside My Soul are still hot and also enjoyed Don’t Ask.

DJ Meme - That's what I call 'THE BLACK ALBUM’! Full of soul from "head to toe", and...I'm glad I'm a part of it :-) 10/10

Tedd Patterson - Very impressive! I haven’t even gotten all the way through. Great stuff!

Roger Sanchez - downloading, thanks!

Jask (Thaisoul / Soulfuric) - Groove Junkies deliver!

Sandy Rivera - Will support!

Tyree Cooper (Groove Baby) - This is Funkin Bangin!!!!!! Great Work!!!

Bobby Blanco (Moto Blanco / Defected) - Very strong release, love all the tracks...Meme on DR Feelgood is amazing….

CJ Mackintosh – Great! Loving In The Zone and Meme Mix of Dr. Feelgood

Yogi & Husky (Random Soul) - a magical collection of soulful gems, cleverly programmed to create a soundtrack for all seasons.. Forward thinking music with an old school vibe.. true legend of the scene !

Danism - we think you have done a great job on your album. Well done mate!

Joey Silvero (Distant People) - love this album! its pure quality with great range of music from soulful to deep afro house. I’ll be supporting plenty of tracks from this! Heat from GJs!

Micky More - I really love the album. My fave tracks are Dr Feelgood and What's Freedom...thanks for this big project!

Jonny Montana & Craig Stewart - Just checked out the new album and I’m speechless! Dance floor silver bullets from all directions – light touch paper and stand well back! Highlights for us are “Dr Feelgood” feat. Diane Carter, “In The Zone,” “Inside My Soul” & What’s Freedon.” All tracks are blazing and for us. This is by far the best dance floor artist album this year – nuff said. Can’t wait to drop these babies in the clubs!

David Dunne (Hed Kandi) - hard to select a fave as all are really good - love it!

Robert Owens - great group of tracks!

Benji Candelario (Transistori Music) - All the tracks sound great mood for all points of the evening..... At the moment leaning towards IN THE ZONE... Good Work!!

DJ Rork (DJOON / Stalwart Records) - Nice package. All tunes are good. Full support!!

Alfred Azzetto (Q:Point Records / Purple Music) - Pure Class ... Dr Feelgood - Dj Meme Remix ... "The Strings Man" is my favourite!

Jeannie Hopper (WBAI FM (New York) - Love Groove Junkies. Already been supporting Dr. Feelgood & In the Zone. Nice afro mix on The White Light which I was also already working. Joi Cardwell is a awesome pairing with GJ.

Nathan G (Luvbug Recordings) - Lush Vocals & Vibes On 'The White Light'

MoreHouse Records Inc.
Los Angeles, CA, USA
mhr@morehouserecords.com
http://www.morehouserecords.com
http://www.myspace.com/morehouserecords
http://twitter.com/mohorecords
http://www.facebook.com/people/Groove-Junkies/781574271 In The Zone