CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Registered

Default Hamza presents Sufi Soul :: House Music From India

Artist: Hamza
Release Title: Sufi Soul EP
Label: Wind Horse Recprds
Release/catalogue number: WHR001

To listen to an audio preview of the Sufi Soul EP click HERE

New Delhi-based Wind Horse Records presents an impressive introduction to the house sound of India. Exotic sounds and flavors mix with deep rhythms for the label's much anticipated debut release, the Sufi Soul EP. All tracks are written and produced by Hamza Rahimtula, a pioneer of the house music scene in India and one of the more innovative up-and-coming producers around.

The title track, "Sufi Soul", swirls out of the speakers, through your ears, and into your soul. It combines tech-house and progressive rhythms. It's got a bit of groove and step whilst keeping a big room sound. Halfway through the track the Ney (Persian flute) comes onto the scene, taking the track to new places. "Sufi Soul" is a rare sure-fire floor filler that abounds with originality.

The next cut, "Gypsy Travels" is as exotic as its name suggests, employing a wide and varied range of percussion, underpinned by an energetic bassline. An immersive, mystical melody shimmers on the surface. This piece provides a nice compliment to the title track.

"Samsara": The EP finishes with another hypnotic tune. The production on this one is tight and a little more techy. It also displays a nice live feel throughout as a pulsing bongo-line gives life to the rhythm. An evocative somewhat dark melody and ethnic flourishes complete the moody dancefloor stomper.

Here is what some name DJs and industry players are saying about the Sufi Soul EP:

"Sufi Soul is my favorite. It's deep but good with a nice production sound." - Tom Findlay, Groove Armada
"A fantastic EP! Great production and a serious vibe." - Nick Holder, DNH Records
"Sufi Soul is very tight. I'm really feeling this proper tribal feel and the mix is heavy! Will play this for sure." - Kelvin K, Nordic Traz
"The mystery of an ancient & exotic culture emanates from every moment of Samsura. This is a nice surprise." - DJ Nova, Rodon FM, Greece
"I like this. It's something that's a bit different sounding." - .Shur-i-kan
"Samsara is the perfect deep late nights rocker. I'll play it." - Fabrice Dayan, Azuli, France
"A great EP that crosses the divide from world music firmly into mainstream electronic dance culture." - Clive Craske, Big Chill FM, UK
"Gypsy Travels is a very inventive, hypnotic, Balearic jam. Perfect for summer!" - Nicolas Matar, Cielo NY
"This is a very interesting and unique release! in the current percussive, exotic tech-house trend it may find lots of fans." - Tony D'Onghia. Radio Koper-Capodistria
"All three tracks here have really appealed to me, fusing unique eastern instrumentation with western production, with incredible results." - Checkpoint Charlie, MyCuppaT Blog

Hamza's Sufi Soul EP is available now from these digital outlets:
Beatport / Juno Digital / Traxsource

For more information contact http://www.8dpromo.com