CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2008, 10:52 AM
djtonyloreto

Default Jacko present Tony Loreto The Spirit Ep Tony Records

Click here to get the PROMO at Traxsource

"Just picture Visual's "The Music’s Got Me" as a classic 1980's Italo Disco tune dressed up in today's modern soulful electro sound." - K. Flowers (Tony Records)

This new Tony Records release brings the current wave of soulful electro full circle. It is the tenth release on the label produced by its associate helmsman, Jacko a/k/a Giacomo Berarducci. This is his first production with partner Tony Loreto and together they've created a funky peak hour pair of goodies. "Doo" kicks off the EP with its rubbery bassline, keys, jerky rhythm and sustained strings that provide the male chant, "doo-doo-doo" a comfortable bed to bounce on. The meat of the track contains a lengthy piano solo by Antonio Di Mauro driving the point home. Full of drops and fills that build the energy then releases it ferociously.

"Anthem" is exactly what the title suggests. It is another 2am "jump off" (musically that is!) jam. The deep bass & dense kick supports the 80's styled Chicago "jackin" snares, the persistent hi hat and intermittent piano strikes meshing well with the watery bleep sounding keys and string stabs. The melody of the bass gets redirected as the twinkling keys create a sense of tension for the samba-ish breakdown. Nimble-fingered, Antonio Di Mauro is at work again, producing a sound reminiscent of Patrick Adams styled keyboards from his legendary Phreek LP. Ends Cold.

Reviews and Reactions:

JACKO presents TONY LORETO
Anthem
(Tony Records/Promo)
How could each of us even think about makin’ abstraction of his/her influences knowing how the latest are nuttin’ but the illustration of our respective upbringings…
No doubt how disco remains truly alive 25 to 30 years after in the memories being the very first genre which would bring electroified vibes under the… spotlights. And what a better choice as a matter of fact than this epic synths led 4X4 groover sounding like a contemporary cue to the emblematic ‘Theme Form Midnight Express’ by the likes of Giorgio Moroder being given some unlikely retouch treatment by D-Mob at the time! MFSB (Indamixworldwide.com)

DJ Spen (Code Red): I really like the one with the drum rolls in it...like a mix with soulful techno
Killer... Got my support bro!

Groove Assassin (Nick Moss): Slam jam this ..Doo !!! Love it! 2 wikked tracks bro !!
like the different vibes, quality.

Sven Love (Cheers Records): Put it simply, Spirit EP is the best EP I heard in age: just phenomenal!
Wicked tracks that will rock any dancefloor.

Mark Stone (UDM Show Hottrack): Wow another massive new Release from the Top Tony Records!
The Anthem is ON FIRE!!! Full Support from me in the Radio and Dj Gigs - Rate 10/10!"

Deli G (The Future Of House - Traxsource): "Doo" sounds HOT! I also played "Anthem" on saturday nite
and on my mix on the radio.

DJ Yass: "Anthem" sounds good! More my color than the others but I like all the project!
It should work well in clubs.

Davidson Ospina (NYC / Ospina Digital Records): ALL ABOUT THE ANTHEM MIX ON THIS PACKAGE!!! “ rocking this...

DJ Dealer (Look At You Records): Thanks for the new music. Anthem is my pick off of the e.p. - solid production with nice undulating moods.
Doo is just a bit too erratic for my tastes...some good ideas but overall it tries to do to much so I will pass on this one. Best of luck with the release.

Sarah (Favouritizm UK): What a way to kickstart the year! “Doo” - I’m totally loving this, the piano is champion!..
Proper house schnizz, just like it used to be!

Franck Roger: Hey really like the "Anthem" track! Will play it!

Timmy Vegas: I love the vocals in it, I like the Gimmick mix.. I like the triangles too.. Dope! Fat drums..

Roger Sanchez: Loving It big time!

Cory Soulfusion (Centric Music): "Anthem" is absolutely heavy! Easy Jacko..
True emotional Deep House! LOVE IT TO DEATH !!!!

Dan (Liquid People): Wicked production mate! Good piano house old skool, I love it!
Can't wait to drop that tomorrow night..

Kenny Carpenter: I liked the tracks man! The Gimmick Mix is my fav..

Deep Josh (The Applefunk): Thanks so much for the promo... I like the Doo,
nice "old school" groove and catchy vocals

DJ Pope: Nice EP bro!

Joey Negro: I like the EP mate, "Doo" is my fave! That vocal sound is very early house plus break for love type beat.

Ralf Gum (Go Go Music): I like the Dub best. Will support.

More info:
www.tonyrecords.net
www.myspace.com/tonyrecordsnet