CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Registered

Default DJ RICO remixed by Mr. Fuzz - PROMO!!!

DJ RICO "Flying roots jazz"
Includes remix by Mr. Fuzz

Listen a sample:
Deep Y 'All (Main Mix) (7:16)
Deep Y 'All (Funky Jazzy Mix) (6:38)
Mr. Fuzz Deep Dub Mix (7:08)

DJ RICO’s “Flying Jazz Roots” is another monster track for your gigs: this pure funky, deep & jazzy dancefloor-killer single should give your crowd some energy. The spoken words which make DJ RICO’s touch so particular are completed this time with some jazzy sax to make the tune sound really funky. The package is completed by a very futuristic and sophisticated “Deep Dub Mix” from his buddy: MR. FUZZ.

REACTIONS:

- BORN TO FUNK – “Many thanks for this, feelin DJ Rico's tunes..”

- SEAN McCABE (The Blak Beatniks/Melodious Records) – “The DJ Rico track is cool too but there are parts in the main mix where bits of the music go out of key with each other. The riff at the start is wicked and then another groove comes in about 2 mins in which is in a different key so the change isn't fluent and when they both come in together about 2:55 mins then it sounds quite odd too. I think if there was dub using the riff from the first bit of the track then i would def play that but i would find this one awkward to play out. Seems a little lost. The Funky Jazzy Mix is much better. Its a very nice late night groove, feelin this one a lot more. Like the piano riff and the beats a lot. Will try droppin this one on my show too. The Mr Fuzz deep dub is very cool too, not as much my style that i would play out but it would be good for the right kinda venue. I think its good that you're catering for that minimal tech house market with influences of jazz mixed in. Very nice.”

- MICHAEL FOSSATI – “Once more, Gotta Keep Faith bless us with a truly funky release, this time courtesy of DJ Rico who presents "Flying Roots Jazz", a track that combines funk and jazz with a raw deep house groove to create something eclectic thanks to the wicked spoken words and jazzy saxophone used. While the 'Deep Yall Main Mix' is a deeply thumpin full-on-funk affair, the 'Deep Yall Funky Jazzy Mix' smoothes things down for a more laidback approach with a jazzy edge. Lastly Mr Fuzz provides a jackin' dub that combines influences from jazz with electronic sounds to create something truly sophisticated.”

- FRANCO MARTINELLI (Housepage.net) – “ This is simply brilliant !! Jazz, Deep and Funky meets perfetly . All the mixes works great. Another quality underground gem from DJ Rico. I prefer the MAIN MIX”

- DEAN SERAFINI (JJazProject magazine) – “Gotta Keep Faith round off the year with two releases of which this is the first. DJ Rico delivers a jazz influenced number with a choice of three mixes. The “Deep Y’all Main Mix” is a highly jazzy affair with spoken vocals, chunky beats and a sassy infusion of sax. Next up the “Deep Y’all Funky Jazzy Mix” is a little deeper and laid back with healthy amounts of sax and partially dampened piano chords whilst the rhythms rumble along effectively. The final mix is “Mr Fuzz Deep Dub Mix” which takes a darker deeper still turn with an analogue bass used sparingly with synths and jazzier keys combined in a manner that should be contradictory but isn’t. Striking stuff!”

Promo exclusive on: