CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Registered

Default One Way Ticket / I Just Wanna Make You Happy - Peven Everett

Listen/buy One Way Ticket / I Just Wanna Make You Happy - Peven EverettHERE

Peven Everett, Chicago soul legend returns with his first single release of 2013. One Way Ticket / I Just Wanna Make You Happy is the first double single, taken from his much anticipated new album King Of Hearts out on Makin' Moves Records.

Peven Everett was born and raised in Harvey - Chicago, Illinois. A talented writer, arranger, producer and performer who plays countless instruments proficiently including drums, guitar, bass, flute, piano, trombone, and trumpet across all genres of music. Peven started out in a Jazz band, a first grade music student at school. Recruited to NYC at 17 where he played Carnegie Hall, he worked with Jazz greats such as Betty Carter, Wynton Marsalis, and Branford Marsalis. Soon after came his own record label Studio Confession Entertainment with his first foray into solo artistry, smashed the charts with classics such as Studio Confessions his critically acclaimed album and single, Gabriel which Peven collaborated on with Roy Davis Jnr. Also, performed by Peven Everett at The Evidence Grace in Winter Silver Ball at the Plaza featuring Jennifer Holliday of Dream Girls fame. Collaborations have included dance music legends such as Quentin Harris, Timmy Regisford, Phil Asher.

Often copied but never replicated Peven has written and controls the rights to over 500 original timeless songs in his vault spanning genres from Dance, Jazz, Rock, R&B, Hip Hop, Pop, Drum and Bass, as well as having created his own genre he calls Power Soul. Often likened but never compared to artists such as Miles Davis, Stevie Wonder, Prince and Marvin Gaye. Peven brings a special element of soul and spirit to everything he touches with emphasis on a special blending of retro and future music making an original sound.

One Way Ticket is a storming piece of soulful house music which is sure to be catapulted all over the radio this summer from London to Ibiza. I Just Want To Make You Happy is a different piece of music, trademark musicianship by Peven himself, presenting and performing all the instruments with a salute to the golden soul era and Donny Hathaway.

One Way Ticket / I Just Wanna Make You Happy will be released on all other digital sites on 20th May 2013.

All production, writing and instruments performed by Peven Everett, Studio Confession Ent.

Osunlade (Yoruba Records) - Really diggin' One Way Ticket!
Mr V (Sole Channel) - Good Soul Music, like both cuts
Danny Krivit (Body & Soul) - Really great music, Peven never disappoints!
Ezel (Yoruba Records) - One way Ticket! all the way. Songwriting on point, musicality too. Can't miss this one.
Greg (Kaya FM, South Africa) - Another Peven original, he always manages to capture the soul in the music. Can't wait to playlist on Kaya, now voted the best commercial radio station in South Africa.
The Layabouts - great first single, looking forward to catching the rest of this project
Boddhi Satva (Offering Recs) - THE MUSICAL GENIOUS IS BACK AT IT AGAIN. Loving this release. Full Support.
Ruben Turo (Kiss FM, NYC) - Just in time for the summer Peven & Makin Moves drop on Hot Joint- DJ Ruben Toro (Temple Movement)
Q B Smith (Better Days, South africa) - 1 bar in and you already know all you need to know. You want this.
N'Dinga Gaba (Quantize Recs) - well DAMN!!! REAL MUSIC just made me happy.. lovely lovely lovely
Vinny di Vinci (Metro FM, South Africa) - Pure SOUL, will be supporting no doubt!!!
Rainey Trueby (Rootdown) - Sweet, sweet music, thanks!
Rancido (Deep Journey, Holland) - loving the "I just Wanna Make You Happy" got my support!!