CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > cyberTalk

Old 05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Peavey

Default Ralf GUM feat. Rachel Claudio – If No Harm

German deep house maestro Ralf GUM continues his superb output with another single taken from his celebrated long-player ‘Uniting Music’. ‘If No Harm’ is featuring Rachel Claudio and see one of UK’s finest ‘The Jinks’ on the remix knobs.

Promo out on Traxsource

Tracklisting Ralf GUM feat. Rachel Claudio – If No Harm – GOGO 030:

1 - Ralf GUM & CrisP Original Mix
2 - Ralf GUM Spirit Dub
3 - The Jinks Main Mix
4 - The Jinks J Fonk-Dub
5 - Jinks Instrumental

Some DJ reactions:

:: "Thank you for this promo, I'm really feeling the Original track. What can i say this is pure House Music at its best." Halo Vargas (City Deep Music)

:: "Thanks for another of your great releases. I will burn for Louie Vega asap." Antonello (Vega Records)

:: "Wow!! Rockin’ release bro!! love all the mixes good luck!!" Andy Compton (Rurals, Peng, UK)

:: "Lovin all the mix's, another inspirational floor filler from Ralf the man." Robert Owens (UK)

:: "Liking the GUM Dub and Jinx mixes here." Richard Earnshaw (Duffnote, UK)

:: "Another hot joint form Ralf GUM and the GOGO Music camp!!! Sweet production and vocals....i 'm feeling Original mix and Jinks main Mix..full support!! Can't wait to play it over the week end!!" Luis Radio (Equal Records, Italy)

:: "Great track, I love it, full Support fron us." Franco De Mulero & Ferry B (Kings of Groove, El Divino, Ibiza)

:: "Another sublime vocal release from GOGO, a full set of excellent mixes. Original & Jinks Main & Fonk Dub doin’ it for me." Steve Parr (FaizeMusic.com)

:: "Jinks Main Mix's for me my favorite mix, great release, support it." Chris.G (The Hechmen - Nightlife Magazine)

:: "Excellent as always…. I love the Ralf GUM Dub." Joan Ribas (ibizasoulstice.com)

:: ""Love all mixes - nice to hear some classic vocal house tracks between electro!" Robert Graf (housemusic-online.com)

:: "'It's another winner.....cannot wait to check LP!!!" Craig Woodrow (UK)

:: "I like dub mixes of this – jazzy instrumentation in Ralf GUM's dub is beautiful, while Jinks’ dub has more dancefloor vibe." Bogdan Taran ( Essential, Capital FM, Latvian radio syndication)

:: "Another excellent release... you’re really excelling this year with everything you put out." Russell Pollitt (Defected, UK)

:: "Original Mix is my favorit! Superb! Will play it!" Cem (Purepassion, Switzerland)

:: "GOGO does it again, another slamming deep track with an infectious soulful mood, both Ralf GUM and Jinks mixes are so hot." Franco Martinelli (houpage.com)

:: "Proper biggie!!! All mixes work!" DJ Mannix (M8 Mag)

:: "Thanks for giving me this beautiful promo. Impressive vocals by Rachel Claudio in the original mix. Beautiful organ in the dub mix. Powerful funk-rhythm in the versions remixed by Jinks. Another hit with GOGO MUSIC’s brand." Alessio Furio (Magmaweb)

:: "Really love it – I have been meaning to check Jinks' stuff and I’m not disappointed, the Funk Dub is awesome!" Huw Ellis (Knowfoowl, Australia)

:: "Thank you sooo much for the music. I really appreciate it." Raul Campos (kcrw.com, San Francisco)

Some info:

If No Harm’ is featuring Rachel Claudio on vocals and proves Ralf’s talent to deliver songs with the right combination of elements to make a serious impact on the advanced dance-floors. The pumping beats and multi-layered percussion in the ‘Original Mix’ are surrounded by an effective baseline and kicking poly-synth stabs to build the driving musical bed for Rachel’s passionate vocal. His ‘Spirit Dub’ reduces the vocal to a few snippets and is an irresistible uplifting affair with funky chords and spacey Hammond B3- and Moog-solo.

A soul-singer at the heart of it, Rachel’s flirtation with electronic music started in the drum’n’bass scene. In 2006, Rachel began a shameless love affair with House music. She commenced as a producer/writer/keyboard player in partnership with DJ/producer, Nicolas Vautier, specializing in soulful House. After various acclaimed releases on their label "Jaffa Music", she meanwhile wrote for DJ Yass, recorded with Martin Solveig’s or DJ Fudge as well. It’s her signature sound that defines her. The voice, relentlessly unique & powerful, is in keeping with the fierce musicianship & intelligent, heartfelt lyrical component that sees her emerging as one of the most revered up and coming artists. Rachel’s most recent collaboration with Philadelphian hip-hop/electronic giant King Britt, "The Goods" is forthcoming, just as her first solo album which is currently in the works.

On the remix knobs for this Ralf GUM production you’ll find one of UK’s finest ‘The Jinks’. As If releasing timeless quality jams, DJing the world and fronting the MN2S Masterclass radio show wasn’t enough The Jinks have decided to embrace yet another challenge – their own label ‘Jinks Inc Records’ in 2007. Chris and Dan are old friends from way back. Having discovered a mutual love for all things funky, the pair kicked off their vinyl addiction over a decade ago. After building up their joint studio in 2004, they released a string of successful 12 inches, but never have been content to rest on the laurels achieved. Thus the duo has plenty of projects in the pipeline for the summer ahead and took the time to lay their hands on ‘If No Harm’. Their sweet soulful ‘Main Mix’ and the floor-orientated ‘J-Fonk Dub’ highlights why they enjoy a fine reputation.

Ralf GUM lately receives great praise by various tastemakers of the scene. His album ‘Uniting Music’ just released was immediately licensed to Japan and South Africa and is available on GOGO Music worldwide in all other territories. Currently he’s not only busy in his studio with various remixes to do and own productions in work, but also on his release-tour all over the world. Don’t miss to catch him on one of his rockin’ DJ-gigs!

Enjoy the music...www.GOGO-Music.net