CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered

Default DJ MFR - Rome Departure (The Remixes) : Soulful SF House

Artist: DJ MFR
Release Title: Rome Departure - The Remixes
Remixers: Charles Webster, Jay-J, Vincent Kwok, Haldo, more
Label: Transport Recordings
Available Digitally From: Traxsource / Beatport / Stompy / Juno Download / iTunes
Available On Vinyl From: Juno Records

To listen to previews of tracks from DJ MFR’s Rome Departure - The Remixes click HERE

In 2005, San Francisco's Transport Recordings released DJ MFR's soulful, vocal house music artist album Rome Departure to much acclaim. It received massive support from critics, DJs, and music fans, even earning notice as iDJ Magazine's "Album Of The Year." Now, half a decade later, Transport revisits this exceptional album with remixes of its splendid songs. A hand selected team of accomplished remixers vibe off the deep, soulful elements of the original tracks to create new and exciting club-worthy versions. These range from sublime, dreamy house to funky dance floor burners. All tracks recall classic house music in the best way while still remaining truly contemporary, reflecting the modern dance music sound of Transport's San Francisco base.

5 Magazine's review of Rome Departure - The Remixes:
It needs to be said: Hearing Jay-J's mix of Marco from Rome's "Take Me Away" makes me jizz in my pants a little bit. D'layna's deliciously magical vocals - which also stand out in MFR's original "Take Me Away," the more electro-y 2005 version - really will get you to "release the pressure." The smooth vibe of the absolutely fab chord progressions will also draw you in. The other standouts among these 10 remixes include the Haldo Deep Mix of "Just Because" (again with D'layna and a nice, long chunk of synthesized keys) as well as the mad-deep "Come To Me" (Charles Webster Mix) with Winstrong putting it out there from the beginning: "you know I want ya babe, you know you need me babe." If you're more in the mood for even boomier bass with some spice, check out Erika's throaty Spanish plus a healthy dash of lively piano in two different layers (and some strings) on MFR's "Latin Seduction" (More Seduction Mix). Overall, this is one sweet collection of 10 remixes, also including lovely contributions from Vincent Kwok. Consider checking out the originals if you end up digging these tunes from MFR's gaggle of remixers and insanely luscious vocalists. (Review by: Lydia Wrobel)

Selected Feedback:
Jask - "Dope business from the CEO of Transport. Nice selections here. Full support."
Julius Papp - "Solid remixes from Charles Webster and Jay-J here, and am especially feeling Vincent Kwok's remix of'"Do You Remember.' Nice tech-soul vibe complementing Tony's vocal."
Miles Maeda - "Simply sublime. Charles Webster does not disappoint!"
Mousse T. - "Nice package. Vincent Kwok's remixes are the winners for me."
Joey Silvero (Distant People) - "I'm a big fan of this label and these remixes don't disappoint. Sheer class! 'Take Me Away' is beautiful,"
Nathan G (Luvbug) - "Some hot stuff to choose from here. I'm really digging Charles Webster's remix of 'Come to Me' and Vincent totally rinsed out 'Do You Remember' for the main room. Job well done!"
Dj Nova (Rodon FM, Greece) - "Remix package of the year? Probably yes!"

Additional support from Roger Sanchez, Tony Humphries, Claudio Coccoluto, Jon Cutler, Graeme Park, Random Soul, Jay West, Robert Owens, Joshua Heath, Nick Holder, Roland Clark, Richard Earnshaw, and Hippie Torrales

Visit DJ MFR on the web: http://www.djmfr.com
Transport Recordings: http://www.transportrecordings.com

For DJ MFR bookings contact Christine at Salted Music: cmclean@saltedmusic.com