CyberJAMZ Forums  

Go Back   CyberJAMZ Forums > Discussions > Parties, DJ mixes, misc.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Registered

Default Georgia Cee - Soul World EP : fantastic deep, soulful house

Artist: Georgia Cee
Release Title: Soul World EP
Label: Soul Town Records
Available Now From: Juno Download / ITunes

To listen to previews of the tracks on Georgia Cee’s Soul World EP click HERE.

Italian vocalist Georgia Cee, now based in New York City, has had a busy history in house music thus far, collaborating on recordings with the likes of Tony Humphries, Jelly Bean Benitez, Alan Russell, Haldo, and Luis Radio. Timmy "The Maestro" Regisford, legendary Shelter DJ, discovered Georgia in Italy and became a sort of mentor to her, collaborating on several productions. Timmy then introduced Georgia Cee to Quentin Harris which led to her lead vocals on the tracks "So Bad" and "Don't U Worry."

In 2012 Georgia Cee began a fruitful collaboration with young house music producer Chris IDH and they started work on her upcoming Soul World album. Bravely following in the footsteps of Georgia's previous collaborators, Chris IDH's production style draws on elements of jazz, latin music, deep house, and soul, inspired by legendary producers like Little Louie Vega, Dennis Ferrer, and Joe Claussell. On the newly launched Soul Town Records, this four song EP reveals the impressive first results of this pairing. Taken from the upcoming album, the tracks "I Am Feelin' U," "Fallin' Down," "I Am In Love," and "Disrespectful" show an evolution and independence in Georgia Cee's style that encompasses smooth, percussive deep house with soulful instrumentation and an evocative after-hours vibe. Fans of classic NYC weeklies like Shelter and Body & Soul rejoice …Georgia Cee's Soul World EP fits right in.

Quentin Harris - "My girl Georgia has come through again on this excellent collaboration."
Robert Owens - "A great group of tracks and beautiful vocals. I love the vibe."
Master Kev - "Very solid production from Chris IDH and lovely vocals from Georgia Cee … deep house at it's best! Full support."
Marques Wyatt - "Tight EP!"
Dr. Bob Jones - "Nice production. I love the vibe on 'Fallin' Down.'"
Graeme Park - "An appealing selection."
Jaymz Nylon - "Amazing. I'll play each and every one of these songs over and over."
Hippie Torrales - "Nice voice. 'Disrespectful' is a very good song. Well done."
Abicah Soul - "I love this EP!"
Vincent Kwok - "Nice afro-influenced tracks."
Thomas Pudell (Black Alley) - "I can see 'Fallin' Down' making them people go and raise their hands … great hook and a great voice!"
Joey Silvero (Distant People) - "Nice bumpy feel, smooth vocals, cool sound."
DJ Nova (Rodon FM, Greece) - "High class deep house sound by Chris IDH on this EP, Georgia's Cee vocals perfectly accompany his percussive and soulful houseworks. NYC sounds meets South African ones."
Eddy Spirit (Spirit Crew) - "In this moment of exasperating electronic music there is need of a bit of feeling and atmosphere. A fantastic EP, enriched by a great vocal interpreted through Ms. Georgia Cee, all spiced up with a lot of energy. Full Support!"

Visit Georgia Cee online: www.georgiacee.net
Visit Soul Town Records online: www.soultownrecords.com