View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

Heimwehg E.P by Hanes Smith
Prog City Deep Records - Promo

The deepness continues for this label,artist and producers.Hannes Smith bring some serious deep-obscure sounds and music.The reason why Im really digging this E.P is the tracks are so mezmorizing and leaves the listener or dancer in a trance.I enjoy these kinds of obscure productions for concentration,meditation and dancing purposes when Im mellow on the dancefloor.Quality production work on all the pieces of this wonderful E.P.

Tracklist:

1) '19810' - This is a really deep down in the gut cut that I truly enjoyed off this E.P
BTW '19810' (means a sad feeling about leaving your home explodes like a geysir in your heart. Arrived at your final destination, feeling happy and free, listening to 'Dis, quand reviends-tu' you recognize to go and take the next ride to begin another round in circle). Truly inspirational.

2) Snipe - to create a feeling of leaving and exploring a new place. - WOW ..A person can really connect with this producer and his heart.

3) 'Dis, quand reviends-tu' - means you recognize to go and take the next ride to begin another round in circle.

This is a true heart-felt track that I think most of us moving along with life itself can relate to and it's my favorite of the 3 with respect to the other 2 quality numbers offered in this package.

I have been inspired from this release therefore Im going to construct a mix consisting of how my days are in general.The set will contain my morning,noon and night portions of my life and I will try and get in the mood to accomplish this mission on my Cyberjamz Show.Monday from 8am- 2pm est. Hope you can join me for what is sure to be a journey into my personal life but using music as the "many moods" that I go through each and every day.

I also received a good history lessons on a few German words in reference to the word "Heimwehg" which is a mixture of the German word 'heimweh' (aching for home) and 'heimweg' (the way home). These two words represent the sound of Hannes Smith's first own release. Hannes, born in the former German communist area in 1986, lived in Reykjavik for the past two years and wrote this EP about the way back home to Germany.

Here is how Hanes Smith interpret his vision and journey which reflects in his production work in this particular E.P

When you don't have a single home, the no man's land of being in transit can be strangely comforting." 'Heimwehg' is a mixture of the German word 'heimweh' (aching for home) and 'heimweg' (the way home). These two words represent the sound of Hannes Smith's first own release. Hannes, born in the former German communist area in 1986, lived in Reykjavik for the past two years and wrote this EP about the way back home to Germany.

The sound of 'Heimwehg' stands for the mood of in between: everything in between leaving a place and arriving in a new world created by the feeling of an aching heart and the rhythms of travelling. Grooving rhythm patterns of organic sounds combined with dreamy and haunting sounds make this travel back home to your heart an unforgetable journey.

Describing the way with 'heimwehg' everything starts with 'SNPE' to create a feeling of leaving and exploring a new place. Once you are sitting in the airplane or train and listen to '19810' the sad feeling about leaving your home explodes like a geysir in your heart. Arrived at your final destination, feeling happy and free, listening to 'Dis, quand reviends-tu' you recognize to go and take the next ride to begin another round in circle.

written and produced by Hannes Smith additional cello by Veronique Jaques