View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Founder of Cyberjamz

“Naheng EP” - The Mushroom Boyz
Smooth Agent Records
Many of us are well aware of talent coming out of South Africa.This particular E.P is Smoth Agent first release showcasing the talents Mushroom Boyz which consist of Menzi Khumalo & Thabo Motikoe."The Naheng EP" is another example why the music has marked and holds it's own destiny.Quality is the word I can think of when I listen to these gifted producers.I would like to tip my hat off to Smooth Agent Records for taking action in finding such talent.The first track on this E.P is entitled "Mokela Naheng" is a deep minimal house track full of haunting synths and tribal sounds that will work on any dancefloor.I can see it now,played in nice system."Pitiki" is another slammin Black Coffee sounding joint but holds it's own with different sounds and percussions,this is a true deep house track!! Loving it ! Fianlly they left the best for last in "Slave Song" which captures the true essence of African chants,deep chords,persussions and deep sounds that will make your dancers ask for more.A true gem...I can't find a favorite.

Artist Info:
The Mushroom Boyz consist of Menzi Khumalo & Thabo Motikoe. The duo started producing music in 2004 and have since had releases on labels such as Offering Recordings, Shack Music & Ocha. The “Naheng Ep“ features the tracks Naheng, Pitiki & Slave Song. Each song is a slice of dance floor deepness with a strong tribal feel. We hope you enjoy this ep as much as we do. Also be lookout for more music from the Mushroom Boyz and other South African artists on Smooth Agent!