View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Sharp az a Razah ..

The chat room is back to port 80 and you should be able to use it from work for the meantime. However, we WILL get the socket server to work because the chat room simply pulls too much server CPU causing the live stream to be interrupted. At that point you should have your IT people open port 9090 through the firewall so you can access if that's at all possible.

As for the archives, the listener-ship is up by about 30% more than it was last year and we need to give more resources to the live streams and therefore have capped the archives to 15% overall server capacity using the media server. You can subscribe to the download server and pull the mixes via FTP and since this resource is on another (more costly) machine all together, it is always capable of pulling the audio when and where you want it. If you can't subscribe then the best time to reach the archives is late night after about 10pm when the live streams subside a bit and more bandwidth can be allocated to the archive server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll NYC
Sup,

I'm having problems listening to the live stream from work now, is this due to the new server that you guys are using? Also, i cant log on to the chat room at my corp work place. Is there anyway around this?

Thanks