View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 02:25 PM

Default ahh the infamous synch button

Just a clarification I use Serato software with a Pioneer controller. This allows me not to have to go through the exercise of burning and organizing cds, and it is a much less expensive route as well.

The synch button is not in the Serato software but it is physically located on the Pioneer controller. I am sure when its activated its appears as such in the display. There is a synch button on each deck. I have never used the synch button in order to mix or for any other reason. However, there seems to be a preconceived notion that because you use Serato or a controller for that matter that you must be using the synch button.

Serato does not mix for you, nor does it select the music you play. The synch button cannot help you be a better dj, cannot help you read a crowd, cannot help you select the right music to play so why so much concentration on the synch button?

Interesting the synch button is now on certain cdjs such as the Pioneer nexxus 2000s. Why was it placed there? Pioneer is the leader in technology in regards to providing dj equipment to djs who are future forward. There are several djs who use the synch button for the purpose of creativity. Example if you were creating a remix on the fly, and have three decks going wouldn't it be easier to have one deck locked in on a beat and you work the other two. Bottom line is this its good to embrace technology but respect the skills needed to be a dj. On another note, the synch button is not preventing djs from getting gigs, might want to take a closer look in the mirror as well as your skill.