View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Sharp az a Razah ..

Lightbulb

Hey Chris.. Saw your post on dhp and we do indeed support encoding through MAC's, always have but now the system is a little different. Most use nicecast and the broadcaster panel to control the transmission through the WindowsMedia server. I am trying to improve the system so it becomes more automatic but what I have in place now works pretty good.

We were attempting to phase out shoutcast because it is just not built to be a multi-user server. In actuality, if we went all shoutcast someone would have to monitor it 24/7 and that would be nearly impossible. Also, the plugin for the windows version of (Shoutcast DSP) is very buggy and harder to set up and operate.

Believe me, I've tried everything I could to get this open to the public yet be secure in a multi-user environment and what I have now is the best possible solution. If you've heard of another system that works the same on both MAC's and Windows and is designed for multi-user access and secure, I'm willing to give it a try.