CyberJAMZ Forums

CyberJAMZ Forums (https://bbs.cyberjamz.com/index.php)
-   cyberTalk (https://bbs.cyberjamz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Trayvon Martin Case (https://bbs.cyberjamz.com/showthread.php?t=13396)

soul oasis 06-28-2013 09:34 AM

The Trayvon Martin Case

All I can say to this point is WOW !! some of the prosecutors witness seem a bit confused sometimes but I think in the end he would either walk or get probation because of that "Stand your Ground" Law.

I live in Florida so I know how racist some of these people here behave,from the people to the Police against minorities.It's a serious problem we face.

I just hope this Zimmerman mofo does NOT walk ! The Martin family need justice on this one.

what do you think ?

soul oasis 06-28-2013 09:34 AM

Watching the trail on CNN now..wtf is this man talking about? :mad:

soul oasis 06-28-2013 02:38 PM

another day of crazy shit in the court room.. what amazes me is that the news and people that have no freekin clue are saying.. things like "oh it was boring in the court room today" or "things have slowed down a bit" as if this is a movie or something..

remarkable.

soul oasis 06-30-2013 07:43 AM

http://www.rolereboot.org/culture-and-politics/details/2013-06-a-letter-to-rachel-jeantel-the-prosecutions-key-witn?fb_action_ids=10151684906337520&fb_action_typ es=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_objec t_map={"10151684906337520"%3A140627852806342}&acti on_type_map={"10151684906337520"%3A"og.likes"}&act ion_ref_map=[]

Rachel Jeantel, the young woman who was on the phone with Trayvon Martin the night he was killed, was grilled by George Zimmerman's defense and the media on Wednesday. And Khadijah Costley White wants to apologize to her on behalf of the world.

Dear Rachel,
I write this as I watch you testifying, tightening your lips, grinding your teeth in an attempt to be stoic, to not break down while you recount the grisly, too-soon murder of your friend. It was probably the most terrifying moment of your life. I can’t imagine listening, helpless, while my friend was stalked and murdered, panicked and afraid. You told him to run. You thought it would keep him safe. What could’ve been going through your mind that day? Did you worry when the phone was cut off? When Trayvon didn’t call you back or return any of your missed calls?
What could you have possibly felt when you found out that Travyon had been killed? Were you able to sleep that night? Have you been able to sleep since? "He sounded tired," you said today on the stand. You do, too, Rachel. So tired.
I want to write you an apology for this whole world, even if it’s not my place to apologize. I’m so sorry that you’re sitting on the stand right now, being interrogated like a criminal instead of another victim. I’m so sorry that people are judging you, fixated more on your beautiful brown skin, your carefully applied make-up, your body, your being, than your trauma and your pain. I’m sorry that you were born into a country where a man can pursue and kill a black boy, your friend, and go home the same night with the blessings of law enforcement officers. I’m sorry that you’ve been retraumatized, stigmatized, defamed, and attacked just because you were unlucky enough to love a black boy, to share time with him, to be the last one he ever called.
I’m so sorry for your loss.
This letter, I know, doesn’t make up for any of it. Not for the unimaginable grief and pain you’ve suffered in the last year. Not for the guilt or shame you’ve probably felt, which no doubt has affected your health and will continue to affect your life, your dreams, your faith. I can’t even fix the extreme likelihood that you and your children might soon find it impossible to vote in your home state. Or that you were never taught to read cursive, or that the school you grew up attending was probably more like a prison than a place of learning. I can’t promise that you, or another loved one (or mine) won’t, yet again, die too soon, too young, too black.
But I’m writing this all the same.
There are a lot of hateful things being said about you—comparisons to "Precious" (as if Gabourey Sidibe isn’t a real person or, irony of ironies, that Precious wasn’t also a victim of trauma), people making fun of your frankness, your tenacity, your refusal to codeswitch out of your mother-sister-brother tongue. You exemplify, in your girth, skin tone, language, and manner, a refusal to concede. You are a thousand Nat Turners, a quiet spring of rebellion, and some folks don’t know how to handle that.
In truth, you’re part of a long legacy of black women so often portrayed as the archetypal Bitch, piles of Sassafrasses, Mammies, and Jezebels easily dismissed, caricatured, and underestimated. For black women, in particular, being the bitch represents our historical exclusion from the cult of true womanhood, a theme traditionally bounded and defined by its contrast to white femininity. For some folks, being black and being a woman makes us less of both.
Don’t forget that in just the last few years, Fox News called the First Lady of the United States “Obama’s Baby Mama,” that a popular radio host referred to a group of college athletes as “nappy-headed hoes,” and that even a gold-medal Olympian wasn’t able to escape physical scrutiny and bodily criticism on the world stage. This rhetoric is bigger than you, older than you, deeper than you—it is not you.
(But you know that, already, don’t you?)
I just want you to know: I am so proud of you. In you I see a fierce resistance that reminds me of ancestors past. Each time you open your mouth, look down, clench your cheeks in a fresh wave of pain, I see Sojourner Truth, Harriet Tubman, and Fannie Lou Hamer joining their spirits and bonding their strength to yours. I see a survivor, a woman who has miraculously kept her mind and nurtured her sanity enough that she can sit, for hours, and recount such horror. You have a brilliance that flares out, only to be quickly veiled by a glance down or a quiet stare. Past your soul-wrenching pain and your child-like bravado, I see hope and possibility, a small green tendril creeping out of a concrete playground. I see YOU.
I hold you in me—and there are many, many others, with our arms, minds, and hearts holding you right alongside me. I hope you feel it. I hope you know it.

And I’m so sorry that my apology isn’t enough.
Costley White is a faculty member in the Department of Journalism and Media Studies at Rutgers University in New Brunswick.

soul oasis 06-30-2013 07:48 AM

I think this mofo might get just 5 yrs with 10 yrs probation only because of this "Stand your Ground" law.It is the only thing that is savin his ass right now.

Someone on FB had posted that people will riot in the streets and carry on ect(Rodney King Style),I truly hope this is NEVER the case only because innocent people will get hurt and breaking shit is really not the way to go about this situation.We do not need to give "some" of these people the satisfaction in those types of actions so they can then point the finger and say "See" ? "I told you they are animals" ect.. I'm tired of that shit already. :(

soul oasis 07-13-2013 08:26 AM

CROSS OPINION by Stephen Goodman (FB)

Watch how race riots happen when he is set free by the jury today. Watch how the media took this, owned this and distorted this. Watch how alllllll these people are upset that a drugged up kid who was sent upstate cause he was a troublemaker is catapulted into Jesus Christ status as if he represented every victim ever. YOU. Fell into the media hype. Evidence all points to Trayvon as the aggressor. Even trayvons own witness says this. But media must keep this story alive. It started as 'stand your ground' when that didn't work it was called 'racial' when that didn't work it is now called 'hoodie' and now that people bought into all the drama we will have a verdict. Every wannabe al sharpton is on the scene hoping to make a name for themselves in this little town in upstate Florida. All because a stoned smart mouthed kid chose to confront an armed creepy cracker rather then continue on home one night. Happens all the time. You are hearing about this story cause the kids family is from Miami. Drama central for news. If there were hurricanes coming nobody would have even covered this story

soul oasis 07-13-2013 08:26 AM

werdz Mr.Goodman.. I feel you .. The media's perception of Zimm has been brutal and from what I understand if it werent for Al Sharp,the Gov of Fl and Eric Holder and his crew werent there in Sanford Fl..then there would be no case.This is why the cops let him go in the first place.The Prosecution was forced into doing this case (from what I understand - reliable sources).Zimm should've of also just stayed in his car and gone home.. that too wouldve been a good option.Both Tray and Zimm shouldve gone their ways.. this is fucked all around period.

soul oasis 07-13-2013 08:27 AM

IMO. Al Sharp and his posse should be having demonstrations in Chicago where the crime rate and black on black ect are out of control.. not in Sandford... those guys are looking for law suit is what(the lawyers for the Martin Family) and they will get it.Tray's memory will live on.. and a lesson for some of our young youths out there.. not everyone is going to run from you when you take a stand and say SUP !! someone like Zimm is always lurking in the shadows ready to take down anyone that has this type of behavior...Please be careful ..

soul oasis 07-13-2013 08:30 AM

His response back to me.

• https://profile-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hprof...74128177_q.jpg
    Stephen Goodman

• Zimmerman will go free today ....
    And all this crap will come to an end. Trayvon was shot because he had a smart mouth and started a fist fight with the wrong guy that night. The evidence proves this, the call to his girlfriend proves this. Everything proves this. Zimmermans injuries prove this. If Zimmerman was black this wouldn't have made the news. Trayvon is from Miami. Drama capital if the world. This is why community leaders jumped on the story in the first place.. It's a circus of comical reverends pushing this phantom story about a skittle eating kid. Well.... He is 5 yrs older then the photos suggest. He was 6ft tall.... He was a bad kid who played with guns, did drugs had a twitter name of bigNig or something like that Nd was sent upstate by his parents because they couldn't control him. TRUTH...
    Trayvon DOES NOT represent all giddier youths!!!! He was a smart mouthed stoned kid who messed with the wrong guy in the wrong town and resulted badly....
    Can't wait for all the bullshit when he is set free. THE MEDIA in south Florida took this, owned this ,and like always SOFLO made a mess of it. Like the elections, like hurricanes, like sports teams like EVERYTHING

soul oasis 07-13-2013 08:31 AM

One PISSED OFF MAN..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z8w8EysURnE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>