CyberJAMZ Forums

CyberJAMZ Forums (https://bbs.cyberjamz.com/index.php)
-   Parties, DJ mixes, misc. (https://bbs.cyberjamz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Statra Sound: Unreleased, Reissues & B-Sides (https://bbs.cyberjamz.com/showthread.php?t=4871)

8dpromo 09-22-2010 09:35 AM

The Statra Sound: Unreleased, Reissues & B-Sides

the statra sound
unreleased, reissues & b-sides
mixed by nick chacona

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4107/...7637e5f6_o.jpg

Artist: Various Artists
Title: The Statra Sound - Unreleased, Reissues & B-Sides
Featuring: Brendon Moeller, JT Donaldson, Mateo & Matos, Nick Chacona, Alexi Delano
Label: Statra Recordings (STA3-2041)
Available now from Halcyon Digi (w/ free continuous mix by Nick Chacona) / Beatport / Juno Download / whatpeopleplay / Traxsource

Statra’s new GM Dan Mullins wastes no time in opening up the labels highly coveted masters vault to pull together what can only be titled THE STATRA SOUND. A diverse & eclectic collection of Statra nuggets that looks as far back into the label’s history as it does into its future! Statra has always been noted for focusing on the timeless and not the “now.” After listening to Dan’s careful selections and Nick Chacona’s heartfelt mixing as he pays homage to the label that pressed his very first 12”s, it’s no wonder why DJs and dance music aficionados near and far are thrilled that the label has remerged to once again excite and entertain.

The compilation kicks off with the moody armchair electronica of Geche whose remix duties for Statra alumni Chares Webster and Astrid Suryanto have earned him a permanent place on the label’s roster. Of course the Statra sound would not be complete without cuts form Chris J and Denver McCarhty whose subtle take on the detroit underground has earned them more TV, film and video game spots then any other Statra artists. The same can be said for the cuts contributed by Alexi Delano, Jeff Sharel, Nu Mood Orchestra, J. Axel, Astrid Suryanto, and Chris Lake, all part of the original Statra cast that has helped to create such an incredible catalog of electronic dance music. Label remix appearances by Mateo & Matos, Brendon Moeller, JT Donaldson, and Oliver Deutschmann are just a few among the many noted producers that always gave it up for the label. Sprinkled among the compilation you will also find cuts from the up and coming Statra artists Cassady Locke and Wata Igarashi, and never released signings from Niko Diamantopoulos (Nikke d), and SGNY (Stephen Green). Many of these tracks have floated around in digital purgatory since their original vinyl 12” release, but have been re-mastered and meticulously curated into The Statra Sound - Unreleased, Reissues & B-Sides. A compilation that brings together Statra Recordings’ prestigious past and provides a window into its promising future.

Ed Davenport (Poker Flat/Vidab) - "Brendon's dub is lovely! I will be spinning this for sure. Nice compilation."
Chuck Love (Love Network) - "Excellent package. I'm loving 'Nunca Pare.' Beautiful elements, perfect orchestration, spot on as a whole."
Joshua Heath (Golden State) - "This takes me back to the hot naked music days of the early century. I dig the disco vibes on 'Mambo.' Lots of diverse sounds here."
Jota Wagner (Lunatic Jazz) - "I’m always happy when I see lost, older tracks coming out or being released again. Music is not supposed to live for five weeks at clubs. 'Give Me Love' is the favourite here but all tracks sounds really good."
Al Bradley (3 AM Recordings) - "A great variety of grooves here, all shining examples of 'proper' house music in all its glory!"
CheckPoint Charlie (MyCuppaT Blog) - "Classic Statra - just a superb label. Love all of the tracks. 'You Give Me (Love)' for beautiful, soothing deep house, 'Nunca Pare' which is driving yet still brilliantly melodic, and 'Mambo 'for being a real funky dance floor filler with Balearic notes. Fantastic compilation - I'll be picking up the full version ASAP!"

Additional support from Chris Fortier, Sasse, Mark Farina, Soul Minority, Phil Weeks, Deepchild, Lance DeSardi, Phonogenic, Atnarko, Tommy Largo, Inland Knights, Da Sunlounge, Murray Richardson. Lars Behrenroth, Moodymanc, Aki Bergen, Vincent Kwok, Funky Transport

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4130/...a6201457_m.jpg

Full track list:
1. Geche – Moonface / Moonface EP |2002|
2. Cassady Locke - The Loa (Oliver Deutschmann Remix) / the Loa EP |2010|
3. J.Axel feat. Astrid Suryanto - You Give Me (Love)(Drum Edit) / unreleased mix |2002|
4. Niko Diamantopoulos - The Last Prophet / unreleased |2011|
5. Marcos Salon presents HenkSalon - Angel / Angel EP |2002|
6. Chris J - One On One / Almost Lost EP |2004|
7. Jean-Phi Dary - No Mo Fight (Brendon Moeller Dub) / unreleased No Mo Fight EP |2010|
8. Microlife - Dub Teeth / Family Gadgets EP |2003|
9. Chris Lake & Asher Jones present Ramsay - Four Seasons / Sweat EP |2005|
10. Nick Chacona - Nunca Pare / Nunca Pare EP |2002|
11. Denver McCarthy - Glistening / Rise And Shine LP |2001|
12. Jeff Sharel - Tribute Final (Mateo & Matos Mix) / Tribute Final EP |2000|
13. Stephen Green presents SGNY – Mambo EP / unreleased |2011|
14. Alexi Delano ft. Robert Manos - Round And Round (JT Donaldson Mix) / Round And Round Remixes EP |2003|
15. Wata Igarashi- Larnyxxx / unreleased |2010|
16. Nu Mood Orchestra - Nite Food (reprise) / unreleased Mix / Nite Food EP |2002|

Read a feature on this release on Halcyon Online by clicking HERE
Read a feature on this release on Don't Forget To Go Home by clicking HERE