CyberJAMZ Forums

CyberJAMZ Forums (https://bbs.cyberjamz.com/index.php)
-   cyberTalk (https://bbs.cyberjamz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DJ bio and pictures... (https://bbs.cyberjamz.com/showthread.php?t=417)

techy 01-02-2006 05:23 AM

DJ bio and pictures...

1 Attachment(s)
Happy New Years all!

The DJ listing section is nearly done, please submit your public listing information below. Please attach a nice picture of yourself (220px X 205px jpg if possible) that you would like to see included in the listing. Don't worry if you don't know how to crop it. We can take care of that but it will save a little time if you do it for us ;) A sample listing looks like this:

http://cyberjamz.com/broadcasters/?id=nestor
http://cyberjamz.com/broadcasters/?id=Sammy%20Rock

Please include the following information in your reply:

DJ Name: (dispaly name)
URL (your website):
email:
phone*:
DJ Genre: (example, deep house, classics, jazz)
Bio: (as long or as short as you like and a little bit about your show on CJ)

Thanks! :D
*phone is optional.
Image size should be like the attached...

ingela 01-02-2006 07:32 AM

URL (your website): http://www.djingela.swedishhousecrew.com
email: ingela@handsonwax.com
phone*: just ask
DJ Genre: Most things house mixed up with a few classics and odd gems.
Bio: Hands On Wax is presented every Monday from 1-4 PM EST by Swedens own lady of house. Ingela started broadcasting radio in 1993 and soon discovered her main passion was with the music. A trip to Japan in 1995 made her realize house was her home and she started spending all her money on vinyl. Until today she's been playing at some of the finest events and clubs worldwide including Seven in Melbourne, Shelter in NYC, Italian Music Conference and more. She also runs handsonwax.com. For more information about Ingela please check out her website.

http://www.djingela.swedishhousecrew.com/djingela.jpg

moodswing 01-02-2006 07:45 AM

URL (your website):www.housemovement.com
email: housemovement@blueyonder.co.uk
phone*:Just ask
DJ Genre: House (mainly vocals)
Bio: Barrie 'Moodswing' McFarlane was the first UK DJ on Cyberjamz, you can catch the show every Sunday 10am-12pm EST

Picture to follow

techy 01-02-2006 07:47 AM

Thanks Ingela, that was fast! here's your URL: http://cyberjamz.com/broadcasters/?i...a%20Borgefjord

I still have to make a main display for the bio, it wil show the entire bio on a separate popup using the "continued.." link. Should be all done by tomorrow :D

Blackwax 01-02-2006 09:04 AM

DJ Name: Blackwax
URL Under Construction
email: Blackwax@oneservice.co.uk
phone*:
DJ Genre: A selection of different dance styles!

Bio: Steve AKA Bkackwax first got the music bug around 1983 in a time when Hip Hop and its culture was just coming to the shores of the UK, The days when party’s where on the “block” or a house or any space you could set up a sound system. It was at a party like this when he first heard the legendary DJ Harvey playing music on two turntables and he realized this is what he wanted to do.

So he set about buying his first few records which led him to soon discover early House music imports on Labels like Trax records from Chicago. He fast fell in love with this fresh new sound and set about playing them at every party or gathering he could.

Also at this time Soul Funk and rare groove styles where being played in the clubs so as soon as he could get into the club (this was hard at times due to his age) This soul music also played a huge part in his musical education.

It wasn’t too long before he was holding down a residency at one of the local clubs on a Monday night. This soon became the buisiest night of their week!

Steve soon realized he was able to play both these styles with great ease hence making him a very in demand DJ working both “circuits”
It wasn’t long before he was working in Local records stores supplying DJ’s with all the hot tunes he was playing in the clubs and party’s.

This lead to playing at a big venue for a party called Grand Central where he was asked to play both rooms of this party to a sell out crowd of 3000 dancers. The record shop work continued for many years until the opportunity arose to run his “own” store Blackwax Records. The DJ Blackwax was then born Steve “Blackwax” continues to spin both styles to this day although now he plays further afield at venues in New York City, London, France & Thailand. Steve also writes articles for several printed and online Magazines, which include keep on magazine and www.faizemusic.com.

Steve now plays many styles of music but all with one thing in common the music has a certain soul a certain feeling and is always played from the heart.

You can tune into Blackwax every Saturday from 10-12am GMT

photo to follow :D

soul oasis 01-02-2006 12:31 PM

NICE!! Here is Robbis pic..Nes.

http://www.bouncefm.com/albums/718-0205a/zIMG_1365.jpg

Blackwax 01-02-2006 03:04 PM

Nice Franke

Sammy/Techy I have emaile my photo to Sammy

Thanks

RAS! 01-02-2006 07:14 PM

Dj Ras!

Brooklyn's own DJ RAS! is one of NYC's most promising up and coming DJ's. While attending the State University of New York at Albany in the late 80's to mid 90's, he has promoted dance music through his college radio show on 90.9fm WCDB for approximately 8 years as well as through several major clubs throughout the capital district area. Upon his return to NYC in 1995, he has played in many clubs and venues along with several other prominent DJ's in the dance music society. Some include: The Coney Island Boardwalk with Black Underground; Bang the Party at Frank's Lounge with promoter/producer E-man, Soul Summit Sundays in Fort Greene Park with Masters of Soul, 667 Bar/Gallery, The Duplexx with Dj Camacho, Club Pageant, Sweet Sticky Sundays @ Sputnik, and The Annual Funkadelic Ball at the Crane Club just to name a few.
RAS! Main focus is on soulful dance music. While his main club influence included a place such as the legendary Paradise Garage in the past, his heart is currently with the Club Shelter in the present.

email- djras2000@gmail.com
live show- Friday nights from 10pm-12am est.

djbruno 01-03-2006 02:00 AM

Photo: http://www.utopiaboston.com/images/bruno.jpg
Dj Name_Dj Bruno
Location_Boston, Mass. USA
Website_www.utopiaboston.com
Email_djbruno30@hotmail.com
Phone_1.617.474.7866
Dj Genre_Anything with Feeling
BIO: I've been djing since 1987. I started spinning hip hop, RnB, and reggae (dancehall). When I first listened to house music I thought it sucked. It wasn't until I went to my first house club that I realized I was missing something in my life. The phrase "HOUSE IS A FEELING" is no joke. Seeing people of all races and creeds vibin' as one was all I needed. For the past 10 years I've been doing a weekly event called Utopia. It's changed venues from time to time but the VIBE is always there. In short I plan on djing until I go deaf.....YOU DIG! Music is the answer to any problem DAMNIT!

Amichay MAW 01-03-2006 04:20 AM

------@

http://grm.m.walla.co.il/briefcase/0...258911/bb1.jpg

DJ Name: Amichay Matyas
URL : Construction
email: Soulful_beats@walla.com
phone*: +972-522-752-760
DJ Genre: House,Soul,Funk,Jazz,Classic,Disco
Bio:
SOUL. Like a warm breeze, touching, going threw your vanes. Amichay's introduction to House Music happened at an early age listening to jazz and funk records. At the age of 15 he was acquainted to house music while browsing threw records in a local record shop.

From then to now he never stopped listening to it, exploring and learning the unique and spiritual quality house music holds inside it. Affected by the sounds of the biggest and greatest like, Larry Levan, Ron Hardy, David Mancuso, Masters At work, Kerri Chandler, Joe Claussell and others in the true soulful house business he decided to go forward with music.

With a warm feeling in heart and strength in mind he was eager to spread out the word to the world outside threw the local club scene.

A promoter and a well known DJ received a demo and nothing was the same from that moment

Amichay got his first gig at the well respected quality house music line of parties called "Fresh Fruit" at club "AYS" in Tel aviv. A line that combined pure house music and live jamming of beautiful instruments like percussion, saxophone, bass and sometimes even a vocalist.
Once he stepped inside the Dj booth, it felt like he was born there. Hitting the crowd with warm beats soulful feeling and much love. No one has ever heard or seen something like that in a long time.

After a Short period of time he already stepped in every major House venue in Israel, Fetish @ Maxim (Res.), Haoman 17, Snob @ Denzel, Saturday Live @ Anna (Res.) to name a few.

With Also spreading the vibe abroad,Amichay was Playing in Paris's respected Sounds-Up party at Barramundi alongside Franck Roger (Real Tone Records/ MAW Records / Needs) and Alex From Tokyo (Tokyo Black Star / Club Yellow).

Word Of Zion! on Cyberjamz is my little spot in the sun, where i can feel free to play whatever i want, to the kind of crowd i wish to see everywhere i go. its all about ROOTS, knowing where u come from so i would know where to go.

Bradford James 01-03-2006 01:22 PM

DJ Name: Seed Allstarz aka Bradford James, Nef Nunez & Family
Url: http://www.seedrecordings.com & http://www.seedallstarz.com
email: info@seedrecordings.com
DJ Genre: Soulful Music (All of the Above)
Bio:
Seed Allstarz is a collaboration of talented individuals from the Seed Recordings Crew based in New York City. Bradford James holding down Boston and partner Nef Nunez in Queens. This duo is about to tell the world there story about the history of dance music the way they interpret it...

In 2006 Bradford James & Nef Nunez has releases coming out on Deepa Grooves, Shelter Recordings, Shack Music (London), Boston Promo as well as there own Seed Recordings Label. They have worked individually and collectively with producers Tyrone "mixologist" Francis, Scott Wozniac, Jesse Outlaw and Quentin Harris.

There cyberjamz show entitled The Saturday Afternoon Jam Session is held every saturday from 12-2pm est rotating from Boston to Queens. You can expect to hear anything from the past the present and the future. Soul Enters Every inDividual and we like to define this acronym everytime we play.

techy 01-03-2006 11:55 PM

Okay people keep them coming. The ones that replied have been added. The Bio page will be complete by tomorrow. Also, if you notice the play button at the lower right hand, it will play your latest mixes if you have any posted on the archive section. When announcing your show and archive on another site, it's recommended that you use your listing link to advertise your archive rather than the archive link.

That archive links will soon be deactivated in their present form and you will not be able to directly link them to another site to prevent the stream ripping. So when you list your latest mixes on another site you can post, for example:

My latest archive mix can be heard here:
http://cyberjamz.com/broadcasters/?id=Sammy%20Rock

(using sammyrock's page as an example).

You can get your link by clicking on your dj name in the listing and copying from the address bar on your browser.

Any questions, please post below and keep those bios coming!

http://bbs.undergroundnyc.com/peace.gif

nico moss 01-04-2006 10:10 AM

Hey Nestor
i just saw that i send you my info later today

techy 01-04-2006 10:52 AM

Cool Nico! :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by nico moss
Hey Nestor
i just saw that i send you my info later today

hiroma2 01-04-2006 11:42 AM

Hiroma2 (Club Hiroma2,4 Freeed Soul)
Show :saturday am10-noon "Saturday Nite Japan session"
URL http://www.clubhiroma2.com
e-mail clubhiroma2@queen.odn.ne.jp

I am performing two regular Parties(Mother and Space Flow) now in japan.
and the organizer of overseas DJ's and others Party is performed.
In the past,Jihad Muhammad,Alix Alvarez,Ruben Toro,,,,etc of Japantour.
I am an activity schedule as a promoter.
My DJ style has the strong influence of Timmy Regisford and Tonny Humphries.
It is Long Mix and New Jersey style.
Since I Play good Sound of Japan, please check by all means.

Mondainai !!

http://www.geocities.jp/clubhiroma2/hiromatsu.JPG
Hiroma2

nico moss 01-05-2006 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
DJ Name: Nico Moss
URL : http://www.myspace.com/nicomoss
email: nicomoss@hotmail.com
phone*:
DJ Genre: Deep House, Garage and Afrolatin rythms
Bio:

Like most people I'm surviving in this world, with a smile on my face and love in my heart. I'm all about lovin', Livin' and Givin'....continually learning and forever growing!!

My musical journey (through Soul, Jazz, Funk, R n' B, Afro Cuban, Brazilian rhythms, Ethnic Music, Indie pop, 60s sounds to name a few) direct me into the deep house music in the early 90's .

Today i spin music in various places, but you can listen my music, and catch me spin LIVE EVERY SUNDAY 8-10 am N.Y.C. TIME or EST (EASTERN STANDART TIME) on Cyberjamz radio www.cyberjamz.com

Peace & Love

JMNYC 01-05-2006 10:39 PM

Jon Martin

1 Attachment(s)
DJ Name: Jon Martin
URL: JMNYC.com
email: jonm@kingstreetsounds.com
DJ Genre: good music
Bio:
Jon Martin has been a regular face on the New York club scene since the mid-1980's. His personality and musical taste both focus on soul and depth, the search for which led him to many sweaty nights dancing (and often working) at legendary venues like the Choice, Better Days, Red Zone, Zanzibar, Vinyl, Palladium, Tracks, Club USA and Mars - and eventually led to a variety of staff positions in these venues, in addition to the now-defunct Rampage Music and New York powerhouse King Street Sounds. He has sought out opportunities to expose the more soulful side of dance music - including Deep House, Garage Classics, and a wide variety of downtempo, experimental and other melodies from "off the beaten track".

Jon spends his days working as a web designer and creative marketing consultant for independent & underground artists and labels (including Frankie Knuckles, Kerri Chandler, Systems by Shorty, Eric Kupper, King Street Sounds and many others). Having abandoned the commercial "liquor-sales-focused" club and bar business model in search of more inspirational, independent and meaningful musical vehicles, Jon throws several private parties every year, in a continuing campaign to return the focus to the music, the sound, the people, and the energy of an amazing party. He has played venues throughout the US and Western Europe, as well as at Ageha in Tokyo, Japan - alongside such notable DJs as Victor Rosado, Danny Krivit, DJ Spinna, DJ Nori, Marley Marl, Jay-J Hernandez, Dennis Ferrer and countless others. For the latest from Jon, hit his website www.JMNYC.com

techy 01-06-2006 09:08 AM

Thanks guys! keep'em coming! I'll have the latest additions up by later tonight (1/7/2006).

:D

jersey katz 01-09-2006 03:37 PM

DJ Phil Hooton
Jersey Katz (AKA Phil Hooton - Charles Gatling)

LEEDS UK
RAPTURE TRAX RECORDS
Website under Construction

Email Philhooton@msn.com

“Another Way To Pray”

DeepHouse/Soulful Garage/Gospel-Spiritual

Bio

PHIL ( The Medicine Man ) HOOTON

Let me introduce you to This talented DJ,Producer,Remixer,Song Writer who is from the North of England ,but his Soul is Out of New Jersey,

Phil's musical journey began at the tender age of 4yrs old, he used to sleep with his radio under his ear, tuned into radio Luxembourg, Listening to soul,funk,jazz,anything that comforted his soul, also playing around on keys and drums to become bass drum player in a jazz band,(little did he know thats the kick drum)at 10 and teaching others to play the snare drum, even doing edits of records to a tape player telling stories with cuts from his records which were in the family from brothers and sisters who were 20 yrs older ,a lover of soul music and jazz at a very early age i suppose really he started spinning records as early as 8yrs old inviting everyone round to listen not until later in life did Phil’s talent shine as he was thrown in the deep end one New Years Eve whilst working as a doorman ,he got a phone call from a friend who had just borrowed him some records, and was going to be late getting to the club where he was dj'ing.He asked Phil could he do the first half hour of his set till he arrived ,scratching his head Phil was persuaded to do it to help out,afterall isn’t that what friends are for.

so Phil gets the box of records out of the car and proceeds to the decks ,everyone new Phil as a doorman and were pulling some strange faces as he stepped up behind the decks and began spinning.

Phil says his hand was shaking so much he couldn’t hit the record ,once it did it was history in the making.

Now Phil worked @ Hard Times on the door but that’s the best apprenticeship any DJ could ask for. who would have thought he’d soon be one of there resident dj’s

well after Phil had had a taste of sharing his love for music, and tired of people telling him he’s in the wrong job he took the plunge from his 25k a yr job(a lot of money to an ex coal miner) as area manager with the biggest security company in the country and settled for £150 a night residency as a foundation to get to where his vision of where he could be and that soon changed with 3 0r 4 residencies per wk

in 98 house was well and truly making a big come back ,Phil left everything behind and went to IBIZA and found himself playing at savannahs,El Divino and Cafe Mambo ,whilst putting in the graft in Ibiza the cornerstone of Phil’s career was opening in Leeds a club called Space taking three nights residency at what was one of the countries hottest Underground clubs, playing alongside all the house legends

Even warming up for little Louie Vega at a Hard Times, Stereo event where Phil also was resident

also dropping in to play Soul Heaven for the launch night at Ministry, other guest appearances at garage city and The manor born The Arena ,miss money pennies ,milk in Belfast ,and then across the pond to where its for real.

next up was Phil’s production ,his first venture was in Miami at the WMC of all places where his first track which sampled house nation tore up the party poolside(permission from Farley JMF ofcourse) and he’s never looked back, they even used the track for the break dance competition. also meeting Keith Thompson the house legend was another positive connection that day and they have done various projects together with a current release on Keith’s label Living the dream Phil’s also done a little vocal lick on it too.

Next stop NYC and E-mans night Deep See this was a real test of Phils talent,and yup he was right at home ,with good support from Keith Thompson with PA and the likes of Jon Cutler giving support, and the whole King Street “Possie”, Phil had the place “jumpin’!”

As the production continued, so did the profile, Michelle weeks asking for a couple of tracks for her album.

Another trip to the Big Apple to play at the legendary night Bang The Party in Brooklyn, Phil got the response he was hoping for with comments of you took it back to the garage now that’s hot, already being told by Keith Thompson how Phil reminded Keith of how Larry Levan used to do it in the Paradise Garage,but now getting told in the heart of the regular old crowd(The Neighbourhood) that was something else.

still flying high on the success of King of Kings feat Ron Carroll & Testament(voted by IDJ Magazine best track at the WMC 2004 where Phil dropped it playing for suSU @ the National and a recent remix of Hi Ya Luv for Blaze feat Kenny Bobien(suSU)and featured on the Keep hope alive album(Blaze) also a track coming out on T’s box Terry hunters label titled “The Bigger they come”

look out for the (Jersey Katz- Phil Hooton – Charles Gatling and engineer co producer mark Gamble) and a new label in spring 2006 focusing on Gospel & Spiritual house keeping it real.

also a collaboration with new new kids on the block, Lee Hesler & Preben Hansen.(Soul Survivors Music.com) this is gonna be a new Website for the Soul Boys out there where you know its gonna be for real with Interviews from Blaze,Little Louie Vega, Anane, Mr.V. Terry Hunter, Dennis Ferrer, Kerri chandler, Duron Tarik , Carl Dupree & Mark Mendoza to name but a few.

Number one in the UDM chart now is Phils latest track,Livin the dream feat Phil on vocals too just all about making it reality, after playing several times in NYC its what you do in life that matters (says Phil, Because you can do anything if you believe in your heart ,its what you make of your life and this short journey, there aint no dress rehearsal.

Other collaborations with NJ Legends Christopher McCray, Libby Jones, Joey Washington and Brooklyn’s Michelle weeks are soon to be revealed.Phuturesole Recordings also starting a new label Phuture Rhythm which will be home for there debut release of Revelations – Phil’s latest track which got some huge reactions @ The Southport Weekender

A new internet radio show on www.cyberjamz.com each and every Tuesday with "Another Way to Pray" 7am – 10am.

Phil has recently been involved in his own night The Shelter, a Deep House night put on in an Underground bomb Shelter which made waves across the pond after only 3 parties ,being compared to Zanzibar and Ministry back in the day. this short lived venture could turn the whole soulful scene around as its success has paved the way to New Beginings

Phil’s style is Soulful deep House sounding more like he’s from New Jersey than the UK

Taking it back to the original Zanzibar vibe and the Ministry when it first opened. staying true to the NY underground house vibe. its about keeping that vibe alive.Spreading the Love,and The Word through the music.

Looks like all that time at Hard Times paid off.

Now its Phil’s time…

Peace!

soul oasis 01-09-2006 04:57 PM

Here is my bio..

Sammy Cock... Loser by choice..lol

Jamie 3:26 01-10-2006 05:21 PM

Jamie 3:26

DJ Name: Jamie 3:26
email: jamie3too6@aol.com
DJ Genre: Good Music......

http://www.jo-de-presser.com/images/jamie326.jpg

Jamie 3:26 was born and raised in Chicago on a steady diet of Soul, Disco and House music. At the tender age of 6, Jamie knew he wanted to be a dj. Jamie began doing parties at the age of 14 under the guise of Jamie Lust, a name that was known on the house circuit for the legendary dance and dj crew LUST. Jamie and The LUST crew began hosting a set of parties at the legendary Club AKA’S, featuring some of Chicago’s hottest dj’s around. This is where Jamie had his first club residency at the age of 18.

Jamie 3:26’s dedication to spreading his love and message of House Music has been experienced from crowds in his hometown of Chicago to rocking crowds in NYC, Atlanta, Louisiana, Florida and Europe, including a guest spot on famed Studio Brussels mix show.

The spirit of house music lives on thru Jamie’s dedication to spread the true message of House Music, which is about Good Music, Atmosphere and of course Positive Vibes. Jamie is currently rejuvinating the scene in Chicago working with some Chicago’s most dedicated promoters.

Simply Music is Jamie's forray into the world of internet broadcasting.There's no telling what you may hear on this show.Expect the unexpected.

You can get a taste of Simply Music live every Friday from 7-10 pm EST on Cyberjamz.com

Jamie 3:26 club experience:

The Negro League Café-Chicago

The House Spot-Chicago

Sonotheque-Chicago

A.K.A’s – Chicago

The Warehouse 3 – Chicago

The Spot 1 & 2-Chicago

Club Savoy – Indiana

Club XL – Chicago

REDNO5 – Chicago

Subterranean-Chicago

Family Den-Chicago

The Prop House – Chicago

AQUA – Chicago

2i’s – New York

Lounge – Brussels,Belgium

Powerhouse - Chicago

The Concrete Jungle – Chicago

The Basement – Chicago

The Hidden Lounge - Chicago

The Liquid Kitty – Chicago

Ray Hands Loft A – Brooklyn

Frank’s Lounge-Brooklyn

Square One – Chicago

The Zu Club - Ft.Lauderdale,Fla.The Garage - Chicago

soul oasis 01-10-2006 10:50 PM

WHere is that pic Jamie...LOL

nico moss 01-11-2006 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul oasis
Here is my bio..

Sammy Cock... Loser by choice..lol

LOL SAMMY :D :D :D

Jamie 3:26 01-12-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul oasis
WHere is that pic Jamie...LOL

I could not figure out how to post it in the topic....I gave up...lol.

I did post a link to a pic...

Detroitbootybass 01-12-2006 04:31 PM

DJ Name: Detroitbootybass
email: detroitbootybass@yahoo.com
DJ Genre: 'Genre-less'
Bio: The true rebels always walk alone...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/182019/LOGM.jpg

I, like Jamie, couldn't get the 'attach files' option to work either... sorry.

techy 01-13-2006 12:05 AM

Linking the picture is fine. You've been added.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitbootybass
DJ Name: Detroitbootybass
email: detroitbootybass@yahoo.com
DJ Genre: 'Genre-less'
Bio: The true rebels always walk alone...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/182019/LOGM.jpg

I, like Jamie, couldn't get the 'attach files' option to work either... sorry.

techy 01-13-2006 12:09 AM

All that have submitted your though the post and email have been added!

I still haven't gotten around to finishing the final bio page with the chat room debacle but that's coming within the week.

For those of you who post your archve link elsewhere you can point to your profile page becuase if you hit the play button on it, your latest mix should fire up.

Almost done and possibly a major revamp of the main page is in the works.

http://bbs.undergroundnyc.com/peace.gif

mynia 01-15-2006 01:44 AM

http://home.comcast.net/~mynia/myniakazbar.jpg

DJ Name: Mynia
email: mynia@comcast.net
DJ Genre: Good music

“I Got It From My Momma” refers to Mynia’s love of music and the beginning of her record collection that was “borrowed” from her mother and reflects much of her mother’s musical taste. Mynia comes from a music-loving household. Both of her parents love music, her mom was more of a collector than her dad. Mynia’s mother would go places and bring her back records as souvenirs since she had my own record player as a child. Her collection began with Sesame Street records and a Disco Duck record and grew with her mother’s contributions to the cause. If she dug deep enough in her parent’s attic she could drag out that blue record player that provided her with hours of entertainment until she got old enough to operate my parent’s record player.

"Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" by Indeep was the beginning of Mynia’s love of vinyl and turntables. Her cousin had a party and that was the first record she played. Mynia found the response overwhelming. She played that record several times that night to feel the euphoria from the partygoers as well as the music. With her crude set-up of a record player and stacks of records, Mynia was up well past her bedtime introducing her musical taste to the partygoers. It wasn’t until later in life that she could appreciate the lyrics and realized the power of the song. The first record Mynia bought was Lil Louis’ "French Kiss". While she liked the record, she loved the control the song had over the crowd. Mynia went to many parties in high school and danced but observed the crowd response to the music more than anything.

Early in life Mynia decided her college major would be Radio Broadcasting because of her desire to control the music. She went to school in LaCrosse, Wisconsin where she found a little bar that would let her play some music on nights when the resident deejay was off. From this experience Mynia realized she would have more freedom in music selection as a deejay than on-air radio talent; which prompted her request for turntables and a mixer. This was the birth of Mynia’s bedroom deejay/ vinyl-collecting persona. She eventually got the courage and went to play at a neighborhood bar but that ended quickly since the owner didn’t allow artistic creativity. Her last night there she played for a private party and they loved the music but the owner had different musical taste. That was her last night as a club deejay.

From her experience on the other side of the turntables, Mynia has learned that as a dancer she can give much needed energy to the deejay; which in turn gives her enjoyment. If she makes the deejay feel good, the favor will be returned in music that will make me dance all night.

Mynia is a single mother of three girls, all of whom love music. When time permits she loves to travel and see other cities and what the nightlife has to offer to her, a dancer, with the ear of a deejay.

soul oasis 01-15-2006 10:15 PM

See?? Momma taught this woman correct..LEARN!!!

techy 01-16-2006 09:35 AM

Added Mynia! Here's your URL:
http://cyberjamz.com/broadcasters/?id=Mynia

Thanks very much!

moodswing 01-18-2006 05:57 AM

Techy can you remove th address for my home page from my profile please

hiroma2 01-18-2006 06:53 AM

My photograph of a DJ's corner is wrong.
hahahaha

Please change phto.:D

techy 01-18-2006 09:44 AM

Done. Do you have a picture?
Quote:

Originally Posted by moodswing
Techy can you remove th address for my home page from my profile please

techy 01-18-2006 09:45 AM

Done! Thanks for submitting.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hiroma2
My photograph of a DJ's corner is wrong.
hahahaha

Please change phto.:D

techy 01-18-2006 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ras! Picture

Hippie 01-18-2006 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hippie Torrales

Orlando, Florida USA

http://www.myspace.com/hippie_torrales

djhippiet@earthlink.net

Genre: All music that moves and grooves.

Hippie Torrales has been DJing since the early 70's. Has won several awards including 1980 Billboard Award for best regional DJ for NJ. Here is some of Hippie's Discography

Remixes

• Jimmy Ross Fall Into A Trance RFC Records
• Toni Smith Oh, I Like The Way You Make Me Feel White Label
• Karen Silver Set Me Free RFC Records
• Nicky Siano Tiger Stripes 4th & Broadway
• Clark Sisters You Brought The Sunshine… Elektra Records
• Beatmasters Warm Love Warner Bros.
• CeCe Rogers It’s Gonna Be Alright Kaleidiascope
• Clinton Daniel Relight My Fire Power Play
• Intense High On Hopes Shelter Records
• Project 4007 It’s Our Turn Emotive
• Mae-1 Sweet Feelings Mohop Records
• Nu Civilization When Will We Be Free Vibe Records
• Maurissa Rose Let Us Pray Bold Records
• Casserine Why Not Take All Of Me Warner Bros.
• Eric Benet Georgy Porgy Warner Bros.

Productions

• Satin I Want You Tombah
• Satin Outta My Head Tombah
• Wormhole Seti’s Groove Kaliediascope
• D Grinders Koka New Breed
• Wax Thief Generations Emotive
• Cartridge Not Going Downtown 161
• The Monster Tribe Macumba Empire State
• MenTor Pressure Pioze

Artist – Written, Produced and Performed by Turntable Orchestra

• You’re Gonna Miss Me Music Village Records
• Caught You Looking Music Village Records
• Galaxy Wheel Records

MenTor Productions
Co-Production - Hippie Torrales and Mark Mendoza

Remixes

Artist Title Label

• Karen Pollard Reach Out To Me Hard Times
• Michael Whitehead Dance BigBang
• Freaky Baby Give To Me Good BigBang
• Blaze Happy Days Phuture Trax
• Future Force Put A Little Rush AM:PM
• Future Force What You Want AM:PM
• The Black Saints First Day Emotive
• Sarah Washington Everything AM:PM
• Helen Brunner Living It Up Defender
• Seven Sat. Orch. Everybody Suntune
• Reel Houze No Difference Zoom
• Divas Of Color One More Time 4 Liberty
• Instinctive Sailing Time SRL
• Rosie Gaines I Want You Motown
• Lisa Stansfield The Line Arista
• Kamira Lovelace Circles King St.
• David Arnold Diamonds Are Forever Sire
• Cobra Living For The City Dreambeat
• Rosie Gaines I Surrender BigBang
• Jocelyn Brown I Like It Like That Freetown
• De’Lacy More DeConstruction

Productions

• 280 West Chikki Boom Kaleidiascope
• Cheny Gonzalez Heaven Is Metropolitan
• T.T.O The Bottle Groove On
• Rosie Gaines Closer Than Close BigBang

Here is some of my club history

International Bookings

London
Ministry Of Sound
Garage City
Southport Dance Music
Sugar Shack
Hot & Spicy
Mas y Mas
To The Manor Born
Hard Times
Bump & Hustle
Hacienda
High On Hope
The Loft
Sin City

Italy
Underground City
Estatis
Steps
Echoes
Angels Of Love
plus others…

Switzerland
Renaissance Of House
Art Café
Empire
plus others…

Germany
Red Dog
plus others…

Japan
Yellow

Additional clubs in Scotland, Ireland and Spain
U.S. Bookings

New York
Sound Factory Bar
Aqua Booty
The Source
The Back Room
Eugene's
Lotus
plus others…..

New Jersey
Zanzibar
Black Box
Chicago
Hollywood
Panache
Dancin
Temptations
Club 88
Docks
After Hours
plus others…

Miami
Paragon

DC
Reds

San Francisco
Universe
End Up

Los Angeles
Does Your Mama Know

Salt Lake City
Bricks

Additional clubs in New York and New Jersey

Hippie wrote a column in Discoid magazine for over 5 years called "What Is Hip". He has also been a Billboard reporter. Currently living in the Orlando area along with his wife Cheny and son Nicholas. Hippie still Dj's internationally, does an internet radio show on Cyberjamz.com Tuesdays from 10am till 1pm called "What Is Hip" and is currently working on productions for 2006

techy 01-18-2006 03:35 PM

Thanks Hippie! Added.

Dj O Da Funk One 01-18-2006 05:13 PM

Bio And Pic

1 Attachment(s)
Dj O Da Funk One, spins a Soulful Fabric of sound that activates the right side of brain for you to dance thus “Right Brain Active”. Starting originally as a club head and dancer. Dj O realized he wanted more. He woke up one morning realizing he was tired of the same music and wanted to play his own sound. With the assistance of Dj Chuck Mosley, and and guidance from his mentor World renowned Dj David Camacho he fine tune his skills to realize a dream come true. Coming from a place of new beginnings, he provides an avenue for the dance crowd to express themselves through his flavorful music selections, allowing them access into his world of Legendary Deep Soulful Underground Music. Opening @ varies clubs in the Tri-State area for Dj Camacho, Da Funk One gradually came into his own. He is currently a resident @ Club Langstons in Brooklyn, NY on Fridays…Spinning nothing ,but New Soulful Underground Music!!!!!!

TAINO 01-18-2006 05:45 PM

taino

DJ Taino started playing music at a young age. His musical knowledge was handed down to him from his father. Taino was fascinated with turntables from the time he first laid eyes on them. His first experienced spinning wax was with old salsa and disco. Throughout the years he continued to elevate. Presenting his true underground sound at different events, clubs, and venues throughout NYC.

Having to put production work on hold for the past years in order to focus on other life goals, Taino obtained his Master's in social work in 2000, and is back working and learning in the studio, hoping to have tracks finished soon for release on a prominent record label.

Bradford James 01-19-2006 06:55 PM

Techy my brother can you change our pic? This one is much better:
http://www.seedrecordings.com/photos/seedallstarz.jpg

thanks in advance brother, keep up the great work!

One
Bradford