PDA

View Full Version : Question for Techy

Andy Minei
05-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Hi there,

Just a quick question about the stream. I noticed that when I streamed on Sunday the server said "Server is currently up and private". However, I just checked the server after having to set my machine back up (long story) and the stream says "Server is currently up and public".

I really wanted to check that this was normal.

Also, what are the best settings for streaming?

I currently have it set as the following...

56kbps / 44.1 khz / Mono

Appreciate your help on this.

Peace, Andy.

soul oasis
05-31-2005, 07:49 PM
Yes it is normal...also keep the bit rate at 56k Mono..

techy
06-01-2005, 09:44 AM
I think you're referring to the ShoutCast server? The "Up and private/public" messages are only a status of how you have your encoder set. Private means you are not listed on the ShoutCast directory and Public means you are listed on the Shoutcast directory. Whatever that's set to, it has no bearing on weather your connected or not. If people are connected to your stream, that's all that counts.

Hope this answers your question :)

Peace

Hi there,

Just a quick question about the stream. I noticed that when I streamed on Sunday the server said "Server is currently up and private". However, I just checked the server after having to set my machine back up (long story) and the stream says "Server is currently up and public".

I really wanted to check that this was normal.

Also, what are the best settings for streaming?

I currently have it set as the following...

56kbps / 44.1 khz / Mono

Appreciate your help on this.

Peace, Andy.

Andy Minei
06-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks for putting my mind at ease peeps :D

Peace, Andy.

techy
06-19-2005, 10:54 PM
FYI, the shoutcast directory is here:
http://shoutcast.com/

But the listing is order by number of listeners so cj shows are usually at the end of the list. The top listed shows are the techo shows that have networked servers and upwards of 50k listeners.